GB HOMEPAGE

Anyone remembers Adventure Europe?

Posted By: DaveHT

Anyone remembers Adventure Europe? - 08/12/12 12:07 AM

Just curious, anyone know what happened to Adventure Europe? The website appears to be gone. I hadn't visited it for years, but still was disappointed that it was gone.

Does anyone know what happened near the near? I could not even find a cached copy of the site's final days to find out what happened?

Ah... fewer and fewer adventure games to visit. At least we have GB!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Anyone remembers Adventure Europe? - 08/12/12 12:25 AM

I do not recall that website Dave. Maybe someone else does.

I did find this here that refers to it.
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Anyone remembers Adventure Europe? - 08/12/12 11:38 AM

Archive.org's last snapshot is from 09-05-08. After that it just mentions downtime and in 2009 it reverts to an ad page.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Anyone remembers Adventure Europe? - 08/12/12 05:20 PM

I remember Adventure-eu. It was started by Dimitris Manos (JA+ and Gameboomers member dimidimidimi) who was executive editor of the site. It was strongly oriented toward 3rd person adventure games, so if that's your preference it was a good site. The reviews of 1st person games were off because the reviewers simply didn't care for that type.

It looks like dimi hasn't logged into Gameboomers since December 2007. He listed himself as a student in his profile, so real life may have intruded on upkeep of his website or his interests may have changed. At one point he was creating a pdf magazine for adventure games called The Inventory. The most recent thing I can find about him is this article from 2008, where he talks about his game, The Exchange Student.

http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/index.php/site/interviews/362/
Posted By: DaveHT

Re: Anyone remembers Adventure Europe? - 08/12/12 06:23 PM

Thanks, Jenny.

I remembered The Exchange Student. It was a neat game with very creative artwork. Sadly, as I recall, the development and release stopped after only two episodes.

It saddens me to lose such a great contributor (at least temporarily) to this community.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community