GB HOMEPAGE

Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots

Posted By: Carla

Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 08/24/12 09:56 PM

Daedalic Entertainment released today new screenshots of the upcoming adventure game Chaos on Deponia. If you have enjoyed Deponia, you will be happy to know that the sequel will be available on November the 6th, 2012 on steam for PC and Mac.

Quote:
Daedalic Entertainment releases new screenshots of the upcoming adventure game Chaos on Deponia. Players can celebrate the reunion of Rufus and Goal in the sequel of the worldwide beloved game Deponia. Compared to the predecessor, Chaos on Deponia improves in every possible way and players can expect even more depth and fun.

The award winning hit Deponia has been critically acclaimed by the gaming press and became the best reviewed adventure of all times in Germany within shortest time. Rufus the main character is as lovely as his home Deponia. He, the odd and cantankerous guy, lives at the most remote part of the worldwide junkyard and works on his plans to escape to the hovering city of Elysium. After uncountable abortive attempts he succeeds – nearly at least. As a result he falls from the sky and lands back in his hometown together with the mysterious girl Goal.

For Rufus, she mainly is a good reason to escape once again and so he begins to plan her way back. Obviously, Rufus’ bad luck seems to be infectious and, in the sequel Chaos on Deponia, both ends at the point where all began. Before they can start another attempt to escape, Goal’s consciousness needs to be restored. Besides that, they have to save Deponia from threatening chaos.

You can see the screenshots in our Gallery and to know better the world of Deponia visit the Official Website.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 08/24/12 10:01 PM

Thanks Carla!
Posted By: jfcwilson

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 08/25/12 03:19 AM

Looks awesome! Thanks Carla!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 08/25/12 07:07 AM

Hi Carla - and thanks for that news happydance

My original Deponia is a disk version.
Do you know if there are plans to releases this sequel on disk also ??

Cheers.

Mad grin
Posted By: Carla

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 08/25/12 12:54 PM

Mad, the first Deponia has been published by Lace Mamba: now I guess that Daedalic didn't get the same deal from Lace Mamba or maybe they are still talking about it.
At this very moment I haven't got any news concerning a publisher duh
Posted By: Becky

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 08/25/12 04:29 PM

November isn't that far away! I'm curious about that dolphin-controlled thingy. Looks like something Rufus would dream up.

Thanks Carla. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 08/25/12 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Carla
Mad, the first Deponia has been published by Lace Mamba: now I guess that Daedalic didn't get the same deal from Lace Mamba or maybe they are still talking about it.
At this very moment I haven't got any news concerning a publisher duh

Thanks, Carla. I'm sure you'll let us know if a publisher does come in later smile
Posted By: venus

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 08/25/12 06:47 PM

Ah, I missed this thread earlier. Thanks for the info, Carla! Just got the first Deponia in the mail, so seeing this thread was timely. grin thumbsup

Hope they find a publisher!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 08/26/12 03:55 AM

Ditto.
Posted By: Wincey

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 08/26/12 06:55 AM

Thanks Carla.

I hope they don't let us play as Goal. I don't like it when games give us two protagonists to play, it weakens the characters.

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 08/26/12 12:30 PM

I like having two protagonists to play. It gives a different point of view. When it's done well it strengthens the characters IMHO.
Posted By: Wincey

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 08/26/12 05:57 PM

I guess sometimes it does, like in Day of the Tentacle or I Have no Mouth and Must Scream. It's just we played as Rufus in the first game so it felt like a novel where Goal was a sort of mysterious object of his affection in a way. I don't know, it could be done well, it's just I've played too many recent games where it hasn't been smile

Edit: Come to think of it, I had the opposite complaint when the Goblins series moved from multiple protagonists to just one in Goblins 3!

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 08/26/12 07:37 PM

lol You missed Stucco and Perluis? I only played Gobliiins 4, and I enjoyed the teamwork, though none of the characters were well developed -- partly because the dialogs were kept to such a minimum, I think.

I thought the characters in Deponia were well developed on the whole. We didn't learn much about Goal since she wasn't conscious until near the end of the game. I think it could be amusing, seeing Deponia and Rufus from Goal's eyes.

I like playing from different perspectives if the characters have very different personalities. Especially where the puzzles involve teamwork in which individual talents or abilities come into play.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 08/28/12 10:21 AM

Hope it comes out on disk! Looks Good!
Posted By: oldman

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 08/29/12 02:06 AM

I just started Deponia and am enjoying it very much. Will definitely be looking forward to the sequel.
Posted By: lynthorpe

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 09/01/12 05:36 PM

Playing Deponia now and loving it. Can't wait for this one happydance
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 09/02/12 02:43 PM

Played the demo of Deponia and liked it very much. Maybe Steam will promo the 2 games as a bundle. I plan on purchasing them both. happydance
Posted By: mrbill

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 09/03/12 05:33 PM

If anyone else is interested in getting the first Deponia on disc, as I am, please write Dave at Interact that you are also interested. He will order more if there are 3 or more interested in getting it (the first Deponia) on Disc. I was in physical therapy at the time and totally missed it when he first had it in stock. Email me as well so I know. Loved Becky's Review - Got to have a copy.

Take care,

Bill

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 09/03/12 07:11 PM

Thanks for the info and the kind words, mrbill! wave
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 09/04/12 06:40 AM

I sent an email to Interact stating I would also like to purchase this game on disk.

zombie

EDIT: Mr. Bill -- The email I sent to Interact was returned as non-mailable. I used the contact address on their website. Is there another address?

Sharon zombie
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 09/04/12 03:55 PM

I sent Dave an email through another acount of his. I will let you know.

Re: Daedalic's sequel of Deponia unveils first screenshots - 09/04/12 04:50 PM

Sharon,

I got the same return message as you did yesterday morning and then a little later in the day got an answer from Dave, so for some reason he did get my email. Anyway, I called this morning and left a message on his machine to let him know about the email problem and that there are enough of us for him to order us copies.

Take care,

Bill

Are you interested in a hard copy (disc) of Deponia? - 09/04/12 09:24 PM

If anyone is interested in getting the first Deponia on disc, as I am, please write Dave at Interact that you are also interested. He will order more if there are 3 or more interested in getting it (the first Deponia) on Disc. I was in physical therapy at the time and totally missed it when he first had it in stock. Email me as well so I know. Loved Becky's Review - Got to have a copy.

Take care,

Bill
Posted By: Nick

Re: Are you interested in a hard copy (disc) of Deponia? - 09/04/12 09:50 PM

I am definitely interested.
Should the email go to interactstore AT gmail.com?

Also, any idea what the price will be?

Re: Are you interested in a hard copy (disc) of Deponia? - 09/05/12 04:34 AM

Hi Nick,

I'm not sure on the email address, but the one on his website does work. You will be told that it can't be sent, but it will get to him. Send me an email and I will let you know when he gets them in. The cost is probably between $25.99 and $29.99 (not sure though).

Take care,

Bill
© 2024 GameBoomers Community