GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - Demo Added!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - Demo Added! - 08/31/12 03:03 PM

Kairo will be released October 21st.

You can download the demo here.

You may preorder the game here for 8 dollars and get instant access to the Alpha build of the game.

You can view the trailer here.

The game is currently on Steam's Greenlight and it would be appreciated by the developer to get a vote to help him get his game accepted. You can vote for it here.

Check the Screenshots HERE!.

Quote:
Enter the lost world of Kairo. Explore vast abandoned monuments. Bring strange and ancient machinery back to life. Slowly uncover the true purpose of Kairo and fulfil a great destiny.

Kairo is an atmospheric 3D exploration and puzzle solving game. Developed by Richard Perrin the creator of the white chamber.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 08/31/12 11:20 PM

It reminds me more of Portal than Myst.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/01/12 02:42 AM

Very angular and colorful. It reminds me of the floating worlds in Outcry.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/01/12 10:55 AM

Ana I liked the trailer. Gives me an eerie feeling. Feels a little like the isolation of Myst and Rhem, and also makes me want to explore! Thanks for sharing. wave

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/01/12 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Becky
Very angular and colorful. It reminds me of the floating worlds in Outcry.

Yup. That too. The disconnected pieces of places floating around are like parts of Outcry. But the 3D movement and angularity reminds me of Portal.
Posted By: Mary

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/01/12 04:31 PM

I guess I'm not "getting" whatever everyone else is. All I see is squares, rectangles, etc, nothing at all to explore. I don't get the connection with Myst, unless they are referring to it being a first-person game.

What am I missing?
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/01/12 06:26 PM

I'm with you Mary! I didn't get anything from the trailer.
Posted By: maggsie

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/03/12 07:30 PM

Me too I'm with Mary and oldbroad.
Maggsie
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/03/12 07:54 PM

thumbsup wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/04/12 09:47 AM

Mary, maggsie and old broad use your imagination and you'll get! grin wave

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/04/12 01:31 PM

Use my imagination on what? Myst had buildings and machinery to work with. What am I supposed to imagine when I see squares and rectangles? Bare landscapes. Don't even know how to use my imagination on this.

Believe me, I am a die-hard Myst lover from the moment it came out, but I'm just not seeing anything here to pull me in. If you're seeing something I'm not, please let me know what I'm missing.

I will be the first in line to buy this if there is ANYTHING in it Myst-like, but it has to be more than just being alone in an environment that shows no promise.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/14/12 07:46 PM

The game looks a bit like D to me -
Posted By: Tomer

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/14/12 10:40 PM

It might be a great puzzle-game, but it definitely doesn't looks as alive or seductive as Myst smile

** I have to ask something: how can it be that both Gray Matter and this game have 1% in Steam?!
Posted By: traveler

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/14/12 11:40 PM

Quote:
Mary, maggsie and old broad use your imagination and you'll get!

Uh...I've never played Myst but I don't get it either. It looks like color-washed B&W forms, nothing from the natural world, nothing vibrant or interesting at all. More like being stuck in a big, empty warehouse.

Quote:
The game looks a bit like D to me -

Here I go being ignorant. D?

Quote:
I have to ask something: how can it be that both Gray Matter and this game have 1% in Steam?!

Well, a lot of people have already played Grey Matter, that might be a factor.

Gil.

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/15/12 01:19 AM

Quote:
Here I go being ignorant. D?

Somewhat obscure for some, but was one of my favs -

D

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/15/12 01:34 AM

A couple of reviews of "D"
from AG
from JA+
Quote:
What makes D a failure and the reason it is on Just Adventure’s list of “turkeys” is exactly what is supposed to make it stand out. From the moment the game starts, players have exactly two hours to complete the game and there is no save function.

Fortunately Kairo doesn't seem to have that particilar problem.

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/15/12 02:05 AM

Tomer -- I wonder if games that released months ago on disk or via other online stores are at a disadvantage on Steam Greenlight. The question asked when you vote to greenlight a game, for instance, is "would you buy this game on Steam"? Well, if you already own a copy of it, the answer would likely be "no." So you vote for it because it's a good game, worthy of greenlighting, but a "yes" vote is (when you already own the game) technically not what they are asking.

It may also be that games that are still under development are more fun to vote for in general -- the speculation as to what they might be like is quite entertaining.

Does this make any sense? wave

InlandAZ -- after glancing at the "D" reviews, I now know tha that you are a better man than I am. grin

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/15/12 03:04 AM

InlandAZ -- after glancing at the "D" reviews, I now know tha that you are a better man than I am. grin

lol Better than I am too -- certainly more patient.

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/15/12 06:06 PM

Yeah, most folks have the same opinion of the game - for whatever reason it just struck a chord with me.

I seem to recall Inferno mentioning she enjoyed it as well.
Posted By: Tomer

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/16/12 09:26 PM

Tomer -- I wonder if games that released months ago on disk or via other online stores are at a disadvantage on Steam Greenlight. The question asked when you vote to greenlight a game, for instance, is "would you buy this game on Steam"? Well, if you already own a copy of it, the answer would likely be "no." So you vote for it because it's a good game, worthy of greenlighting, but a "yes" vote is (when you already own the game) technically not what they are asking.

It may also be that games that are still under development are more fun to vote for in general -- the speculation as to what they might be like is quite entertaining.

Does this make any sense? wave

Yeah, makes perfect sense smile It's really only hardcore fans that would up-vote it just for the sake of the creators smile It's funny how there are no products on this planet that get me so attached and worried about them as adventures -- of course by up-voting it I don't necessarily mean I'll buy it (but don't tell steam!)
Posted By: Homer6

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/18/12 11:09 PM

If I could afford the $8 right now I'd buy it. I saw a lot of things that made me ask questions, even though it was just a trailer.

Such as, what's that spinning object in the middle of the square? And what's it for.

Or, what does that blue rod like object do? What's it for. (it looks like a rod of electricity)

What's behind the high console looking object, in the room with the hole in the ceiling?

Many questions, but the answers will have to wait.

Might it be a turkey? Sure, but doesn't every game have that opportunity? And hasn't there been a game you loved and others hated?

Trailers should not be the sole reason not to purchase a game. They are after all, only snippets of what someone thought looked good. And their likes and my likes just might differ.
Posted By: Chief

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/26/12 08:31 PM

Have a look at this ANNOUNCEMENT about the game coming out on 21st October 2012.

Visit the Official Website to play the Demo that installed OK for my computer (Win 7).

Chief wave
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/26/12 08:52 PM

Thanks Chief!

Ana wave

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/27/12 01:48 AM

Great! Thanks Chief. wave

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/27/12 01:52 PM

Keyboard controls--oh, goody. frown
Brings me back to Grim Fandango and all the walls Manny walked into because of me!
Posted By: colpet

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/28/12 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Mary
Keyboard controls--oh, goody. frown
Brings me back to Grim Fandango and all the walls Manny walked into because of me!

I programed my mouse middle button as the 'W' key for 5 Cores. It works in this game too, so I can use the mouse to move.

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - 09/28/12 02:45 AM

How do you "program" a mouse middle button as the "W" key and how does that help you go up, down, right and left?
Sorry, never heard of this.
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - Demo Added! - 09/28/12 03:02 AM

The game is totally controlled by the mouse for me without making any changes. Click and hold left mouse button to walk, move mouse for direction. The right button makes me jump. Don't have to use any keyboard. duh

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - Demo Added! - 09/28/12 03:26 AM

Oh, good! Thanks, GreyFuss! I'm going to give the demo another try and see if I can make a go of it.

I didn't spend a whole lot of time with the demo and can't say that I got "hooked" at all, but I'll give it a bit more time and effort.
Posted By: colpet

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - Demo Added! - 09/28/12 11:43 PM

I wandered around today and like it. It's not organic, but it's not metalic futuristic either. So far I've seen mostly block type buildings, one of which has a really cool 'waterfall' that you can follow.
Posted By: wisewoman

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - Demo Added! - 11/04/12 08:49 PM

Hi there,

I've just finished playing this. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It really goes to show that you don't need fancy graphics or storyline to make a game that keeps you playing it to the end.

Recently i have stopped playing some state-of-the-art adventures before bothering to finish them as i found them boring but this simple but strangely intense and compelling gem is worth every penny!

If you like things like 'The Ball' then this will be right up your street.

Sad its over...
Melissa

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - Demo Added! - 11/04/12 08:56 PM

Has this game been released or are you talking about the Alpha Build that you get access to?

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - Demo Added! - 11/04/12 09:02 PM

I bought it yesterday from here:
http://kairo.lockeddoorpuzzle.com/

smile

Check it out- this guy deserves all the merit - The White Chamber was really fantastic as well - though very different from this.

Melissa

PS I have played a lot and I mean *a lot* of adventure games in my time wink

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - Demo Added! - 11/04/12 09:08 PM

The site doesn't mention if its a download or disk. I am assuming its a disk as they are asking for quite a lot of information for a download i.e. name, home address, telephone number. Why would they need all that if using PayPal?

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - Demo Added! - 11/04/12 09:33 PM

Hi there,

Its a download smile I cant recall now if you could order it on a disk too. I just paid and got access to download link straight away.

Melissa

Re: Announcing Kairo - A New Myst Inspired 3D Adventure Game - Demo Added! - 11/04/12 09:42 PM

Thanks Wisewoman

Looks like Kairo is going to be my next game as like you the one I am playing now (Lost Chronicles of Zezura) has bored me.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community