GB HOMEPAGE

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released

Posted By: Carla

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/19/12 02:47 PM

Tomorrow for Europe and September 25th in North America: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes is finally here!
Have a look at the launch trailer on the Official Website .

Quote:
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, the grand investigation game for Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 and PC, makes its final preparations for the European release planned for tomorrow in retail and for download, and offers today its launch trailer. The game will be released on September 25th in the United States.

Today's video immerses players further into the heart of the game's dark ambiance and strong story. In The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, the famous detective undergoes a descent into hell. With the respect and trust of his fellow-citizens gone, Sherlock Holmes can now only count on himself. Disowned by all and accused of criminal acts, Holmes is alone, hunted by criminals, and wanted by Scotland Yard. The launch trailer offers a peek into Holmes's most difficult case of his career just hours before the investigation begins tomorrow… because tomorrow, you will be Sherlock Holmes, and you will lead the case.

Become the greatest detective of all time in The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, a twisting, turning investigation game set in a faithfully-reproduced London of 1898. Suspected in a case involving theft, fraud and double-crossing, Sherlock Holmes will undergo a descent into hell in what will doubtlessly become one of his most thrilling cases yet. You will find all the elements of a grand investigation: examine crime scenes, find the clues, follow the trails, interrogate suspects and unveil the mystery behind a great adventure, led by a breath-taking story full of twists!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/19/12 02:51 PM

WooHoo! Thanks Carla. yay
Posted By: Rushes

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/19/12 03:09 PM

Thanks, Carla!

It's almost here...

(It was one of Mrs. Hudson's souffles that killed Holmes.) sherlock
Posted By: Becky

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/19/12 05:04 PM

Not much longer to wait! Thanks Carla --
Posted By: thehood

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/20/12 08:36 AM

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Aram from Atlus is presenting the Testament of Sherlock Holmes 10 times better than me in this video. I'm jealous. But at least you can have a look inside the game along with great commentaries.

And Ign does it, and I'm glad they do it for an adventure game (and that this adventure game is ours:))

Also there is a Point and Click camera that Aram doesn't use, but is present in the game. Enjoy!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/14/the-testament-of-sherlock-holmes-developer-walkthrough
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/20/12 09:51 AM

Oooooh !!!! Thanks, Carla and thehood yay
Posted By: metamorphium

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/20/12 11:45 AM

So unlock the game already! smile

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/20/12 03:55 PM

Thanks thehood!

Ana wave
Posted By: Carla

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/20/12 09:43 PM

Thanks TheHood! I've just received an email from amazon.uk and Sherlock is on its way to me bravo
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/20/12 10:03 PM

Will there be a Demo before release?

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/21/12 02:10 AM

Site admin at the Frogwares forum advise that there are no current plans to release a demo.

Anyone (in Europe) playing the game yet? happydance If so, how are you liking it?
Posted By: gatsbygirl

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/21/12 03:10 AM

I have been so excited for this game but the price is too
high for me:{

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/21/12 06:10 AM

I'm expecting my copy from Amazon UK very soon too !! broccoli
Posted By: Wincey

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/21/12 06:50 AM

Anyone know when the game is going to be up? There's nothing on the Frogwares site.
Posted By: Haroula

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/21/12 07:41 AM

Thanks Carla and thehood wave
Posted By: chrissie

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/21/12 09:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Rushes
Anyone (in Europe) playing the game yet? happydance If so, how are you liking it?

Since the boxed copy needs online activation anyway I decided to buy a digital version, which I downloaded yeaterday, with the idea of buying a used PS3 version in the future!

I played for a few hours late last night - it took me a while to work out the controls as it automatically started with keyboard controls but found you can easily toggle between 1st, 3rd person perspective, point & click & keyboard controls while playing.

One of the improvements I thought was the easier access to features such as map, deduction board, newspaper articles etc by right-clicking the mouse (in p & c mode) rather than as before opening the inventory & then clicking on various tabs, otherwise it plays similarly to the earlier games.

As for the game itself the graphics & the rendering of the characters are sumptuous & as expected the voice acting is excellent! It had an interesting beginning & I was grabbed by the story straight away unlike other games where it may take an hour of playing to get immersed! The game is looking to be a masterpiece for Frogwares - I can't wait to get back to playing but I haven't got too much time over the next couple of days. cry

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/21/12 11:55 AM

Glad to hear positive comments. Thanks, chrissie !! happydance
Posted By: mj2c

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/21/12 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Rushes
Site admin at the Frogwares forum advise that there are no current plans to release a demo.

Not at 30 quid a pop. That's a nasty price, at least for me.

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/21/12 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: chrissie
The game is looking to be a masterpiece for Frogwares

Those are words I like to hear! wink

I just installed my own disc. It's been a few months since I played the game, and I'm excited! I love the new Holmes that we have, he's perfect.
Posted By: MaG

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/21/12 02:03 PM

The gameplay is very long - maybe equal to 2 regular games. wink

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/21/12 02:36 PM

You've finished it already? wink

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/21/12 02:37 PM

Wincey,

frogwares shop has it here - click here.

It might not be available for NA yet - just Europe.

Focus and The Adventure Shop also have them - click on the 2 banners that rotate at top of the page. Have fun.

--------
Wincey,

The walkthrough is already posted. frogwares kindly gave me a peek ahead of time even though the game was not finished.

It's a loooong game.
Posted By: metamorphium

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/21/12 10:51 PM

What a fantastic start of a game!!

Btw. if anyone (like I did) have a problem with running the game - only black screen appears - wait for the black screen and press alt + enter. The game switches to windowed mode and there enter options and set the resolution to lower values.

Tech explanation - skip if you don't like technology stuff: smile
If I understand it right, the game automatically uses the highest possible resolution, which (in my case) is 1920x1080. Since my computer is connected through DVI and not HDMI, the game tries to set too high frequency and thus it's out of range for DVI. This is at least what my LCD tries to tell me.

Anyway, with alt+enter trick everything works great now and I am off to enjoy some more of a sleuthing.

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/21/12 11:19 PM

THanks for the tip Jan!

Ana wave
Posted By: LadyCav

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/25/12 08:06 PM

I've just managed to get Sherlock Holmes installed and played through the first few minutes of the game to the second autosave. But Sherlock's voice does not sound right. Is Rick Simmonds not doing the voice for Sherlock in this game??? frown I thought he had the most exquisite voice!

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/25/12 08:11 PM

No, there's a new voice actor for Holmes in this game. If you're familiar with the old one, the new might take a little getting used to, maybe. smile

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/25/12 08:17 PM

Thank you, Rushes. That's too bad about the voice-over as Mr. Simmonds' voice was perfect - I'll just have to get used to the new voice then.

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/27/12 01:12 PM

I'm still deciding whether or not to buy it. It's not cheap but I did like the previous SH games except for 'vs Ripper' which got a bit too dark for my liking.

Can someone who has played Testament say how dark it is? I liked the Holmes and Watson characterisation in Nemesis but I fear from the trailer they'll try to portray them as less homely. Ye olde 19th century English isn't cool anymore.

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/27/12 01:25 PM

Hi Wincey,

Yes, Testament has a dark storyline. It has Holmes accused of corruption and murder, and even Watson starts to suspect that his old friend has turned to criminality. There are a few gory scenes, and emotional scenes.

Having said that, there is also a lot of humour, and many light and fun moments too. The story is intriguing and twisty, and the puzzles are challenging.

There are a few reviews out there already if you want to read more details. Gamezebo has an excellent one.
Posted By: kjos

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/27/12 07:41 PM

Just got my game Sherlock Homes from Dave.
Richard
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/27/12 07:58 PM

I hope you enjoy it, Richard. happydance

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/27/12 08:04 PM

Thanks Marian I hope so to. Seems like a lot of gamers are having trouble playing it I hope I don't.
Richard

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/27/12 08:33 PM

Well, having got past what was (to me) a rather fiddly tutorial I am absolutely LOVING this game.

A top notch Adventure for us ardent fans thumbsup

And not only that but it is working perfectly on my nearly 9 years old WinXP machine - with no tweaking required !!

I have nothing but praise for Frogwares. They have done it again !!

broccoli broccoli broccoli

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/27/12 08:35 PM

yay

Ana wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/28/12 01:42 PM

Mad, I agree. What a super game! woot

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/28/12 01:58 PM

And Watson gets called a 'buttersquirt'. grin Poor Watson.

It's lovely to read all the positive comments.

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/28/12 02:46 PM

My God, what a superb and wonderful game! sherlock
I've just finished and I swear that I didn't even breathe during the last cutscenes! What a magnificent story and long game play!

This was most definitely the best game of the series. There were a couple of surprising moments when I gasped out loud, bringing both hands over my mouth. The end was astonishing. shocked

The story was much more complex than any preceding game. The improved graphics, the writing (well done, Rushes!), the humor, complex puzzles, locations - all were unparalleled in my view. All the twists and turns were wonderful. I don't regret a single penny that I spent.

Many thanks to MaG for the walkthrough. There were several puzzles I wouldn't have gotten through without the help. It must have been a lot of work, but it is much appreciated.

I just wish the cutscenes were available to watch as a bonus. There are several I would love to watch again. So now I'll just have to play a second time. laugh

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/28/12 05:30 PM

Nice!

How did you like that credits at the end? Really retro! lol

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/28/12 09:16 PM

MaG -- The credits were interesting enough that I watched through to the end of them, which I rarely do in games! smile

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 09/28/12 10:45 PM

Started playing what a great-great game. Love it.
Richard
Posted By: Olga

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 10/02/12 03:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to each and every of you for the kind words, for your support and of course your praising of the game! We read here every comment carefully :-)

Just wanted to share the latest reviews with you made by the press and gaming journalists:

Gamezebo gives us 4.5 out of 5 saying that The Testament of Sherlock Holmes is exactly what you’d want it to be – an adventure that asks you to use your reason and deduction just as the good detective himself would.

Gamespot says its 8 out of 10: A grim storyline, challenging puzzles, and atmospheric visuals make The Testament of Sherlock Holmes one of the legendary sleuth’s greatest adventures.

You can read the rest of the reviews at http://www.frogwares.com/blog/the-testament-of-sherlock-holmes-critical-acclaim/ with links to the complete reviews

Thanks Gameboomers!

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 10/02/12 03:10 PM

Hi Olga, and thanks! wave

The Trueachievements review is a little off the mark, though, I think.

"...but the entire [voice] cast appears to be from Frogwares' native France..."

I don't think so! woozy

And there are NO spelling errors in the dialogue. taz
Posted By: Becky

Re: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes: new trailer released - 10/02/12 03:22 PM

Looks like a lot of positive impressions. Thanks for the link. wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community