GB HOMEPAGE

Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013

Posted By: Carla

Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 09/27/12 10:28 PM

More news from Senscape about Asylum:

Quote:
Thousands of players around the world are already dreaming uneasily as the upcoming title from Senscape rises in popularity.

Asylum is a chilling journey through the intricate floors of the Hanwell Mental Institute, in which unimaginable atrocities have occurred in the past. Over four years in production, this horror adventure aims to marry cutting edge visuals with thrilling storytelling to give players the ultimate experience in fear. Asylum is authored by the designer of the award-winning and cult sleeper hit Scratches.

Following an acclaimed "Interactive Teaser" released at Gamescom 2012 and downloaded over 50.000 times, Asylum was submitted to Steam Greenlight with great success: in only ten days it broke the Top 50 games on the site and keeps climbing the charts. By popular demand from the gaming community, Senscape is now announcing its commitment to ensure the game is available in several more languages besides English: French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Greek and Turkish are confirmed.

Key features include:

A mature and disturbing horror storyline that will haunt players for years to come
High definition graphics that remain sharp on the largest monitors
One of the biggest virtual buildings ever created for a game
Around 100 rooms to explore in breathtaking detail
Featuring the voice of industry veteran Josh Mandel
Over 15 hours of gameplay estimated
The Interactive Teaser supporting Windows, Mac OS X and Linux can be downloaded from the following link: www.FaceTheHorror.com/teaser

About Senscape:

Founded in 2010 by Agustín Cordes and based in Argentina, Senscape aims to become a key company of independently developed video games with a particular focus on the adventure genre. To achieve this, Agustín has assembled an outstanding team of professionals hailing from many different industries and committed to bringing only the best quality to its works. Senscape strives to merge technical prowess with compelling stories that provide rewarding and unforgettable experiences. For more information, please visit www.Senscape.net.

About Hanwell Mental Institute:

For decades, the Hanwell Mental Institute has been housing patients of many ages with diverse degrees of mental illness. The institute admits feeble-minded men and women who are not fit for society under excellent conditions and nursing, with a high recovery rate thanks to advanced treatments pioneered by the universally acclaimed psychologist Dr. Ann Ebersbacher. Even patients with extreme mental disorders have shown positive progress and are now able to enjoy a full life inside the walls of the institute. Many others have returned to their families, ready to face new challenges and experiences in their improved conditions. For more information, please visit www.Hanwell.org.

Asylum is currently scheduled for release in late 2013.

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 09/27/12 10:38 PM

I am so looking forward to this! Thanks Carla!

Ana wave
Posted By: Agustin Cordes

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 09/27/12 11:56 PM

Thanks for reposting the news, gals, although you've already done way too much for Asylum these past few weeks laugh
Posted By: Becky

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 09/28/12 01:16 AM

That's great that the game is doing so well on Steam. wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 09/28/12 05:42 PM

Thanks Carla! wave

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 09/29/12 12:22 AM

We're doing fine on Steam Greenlight, but we need an even bigger push. This is why today we're launching an exciting new campaign...

MAKE ASYLUM MORE POPULAR!

http://asylumgame.tumblr.com
Posted By: MaG

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 09/29/12 02:08 AM

Thanks, Agustin. I'll put my rusty thinking cap on.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 09/29/12 10:05 AM

Sounds really good Carla! Can't wait for this one!

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 09/29/12 11:43 AM

lol There are certainly some out-of-the box ideas at that link!

I suggest creepy images of rabbits on the walls. grin

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 09/30/12 12:52 AM

Becky, something like this? http://hollywoodhatesme.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/donnie-darko-really-scary-bunny-costume.jpg

Whatever we're doing seems to be working because I'm happy to announce that Asylum is now on the Top 40 games in Greenlight! Again, thanks for the support! laugh

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 09/30/12 01:24 AM

I am so happy to hear that Agustin!

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 09/30/12 02:10 AM

Agustin -- exactly! taz

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 10/02/12 07:21 PM

My daughter just made one for me, just submitted it smile

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 10/02/12 09:05 PM

Aww... We already have a Star Wars theme. Anything else she may have in mind?

If not I'll post it, no worries, but see if you can upload a larger picture. That one is too small and you can't see Vader clearly wink

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 10/02/12 10:34 PM

Leave it, I've got another idea, she's working on it right now wink

Updated:submitted, let me know if you can see it OK.My daughter, who's a Photoshop perfectionist, said that wasn't perfect, so I hope that's allright.

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 10/03/12 12:45 AM

Love it. Totally approved laugh
Posted By: Imari

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 10/15/12 02:05 AM

Late to the party, but I added mine. smile
http://asylumgame.tumblr.com
Posted By: merrydeath

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 10/17/12 05:25 PM

I've been excited about this since the first announcement I saw on July 9, 2010 after I played Scratches in 2006, which still remains my favorite adventure game since Phantasmagoria (1995)- That's my own personal sob story, btw. =)
And while the terms "mainstream audience" and "game" appearing in the same context fills me with some apprehension, I didn't see "console platform" thrown into the mix - so I'm still enthusiastic for it's release (understatement).

oh and even later to the point: submitted

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 10/17/12 06:30 PM

welcome to GameBoomers merrydeath.

I am looking forward to it as well. yay Be sure to vote for it on Greenlight!

Ana wave
Posted By: Imari

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 10/17/12 09:56 PM

Agustin Cordes of Senscape announced that Asylum has reached the top twenty on Greenlight! yay I really have my fingers crossed for this one.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=95795715&searchtext=

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 10/17/12 10:21 PM

Woo-hoo! The top twenty is extremely hard to crack. That puts Asylum in great shape for possible greenlighting on the next go-round, right?

broccoli idea broccoli idea broccoli idea

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 10/17/12 10:24 PM

They took the top twenty last week so if they do that again, it's a go!
Posted By: LeBelleRachael

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 11/01/12 02:29 AM

I have heard good things about this! bravo Just checked it out and voted for it on Greenlight!!ooLALA..this looks delicious! Cant wait to get my grubby little mitts on it!

Best Regards Agustin! urock
Posted By: Drizzt

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 11/11/12 02:43 AM

I had no idea about this...thanks for the heads up. I got chills just from watching the trailer!
Posted By: TechnoSpike

Re: Asylum To Bring Horror In Multiple Languages in 2013 - 11/13/12 05:38 PM

Very interested on this one... glad I have time to check out Scratches before this one! Great to see so many languages.... but, no love for the Portuguese language? frown I wonder what are the reasons not to include it...
© 2024 GameBoomers Community