GB HOMEPAGE

1953: KGB Unleashed -- A Review by Flotsam

Posted By: Becky

1953: KGB Unleashed -- A Review by Flotsam - 10/06/12 05:44 PM

Flotsam wakes up to find himself underground and overwhelmed by mysteries, danger, and a creeping red fog.

1953: KGB Unleashed
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: 1953: KGB Unleashed -- A Review by Flotsam - 10/06/12 06:15 PM

Thanks for another great review Flotsam!

Thanks Becky.

Ana wave
Posted By: bermag45

Re: 1953: KGB Unleashed -- A Review by Flotsam - 10/06/12 06:30 PM

Thanks Flotsam and Becky - an excellent review may I add. I have been meaning to get back into adventure gaming (having been casual gaming for a long while now) and I think this game would be ideal! thumbsup wave

Bernie monky
Posted By: jfcwilson

Re: 1953: KGB Unleashed -- A Review by Flotsam - 10/07/12 05:00 PM

Thanks Flotsam and Becky! I will be getting this for sure.
Posted By: Wincey

Re: 1953: KGB Unleashed -- A Review by Flotsam - 10/07/12 05:18 PM

Very disappointing game. B- is generous. I expected better from the creators of Outcry.

Anyway, thanks for the review!
Posted By: ChuckO

Re: 1953: KGB Unleashed -- A Review by Flotsam - 10/07/12 10:18 PM

Personally, I liked it. Moody and old style. It is what I would call a "Fun and classic" game. Sort of like watching "Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein". Well worth the few dollars it cost. Very stable as well!

Old adventure gamer!

ChuckO
Posted By: chrissie

Re: 1953: KGB Unleashed -- A Review by Flotsam - 10/08/12 08:16 AM

Thanks Becky for the link & Flotsam for an interesting review. It doesn't sound like my type of game but I bought it because it was so cheap so don't mind the game being short!
Posted By: Carla

Re: 1953: KGB Unleashed -- A Review by Flotsam - 10/10/12 10:36 PM

Thank you Flotsam for the great review!
Posted By: ChuckO

Re: 1953: KGB Unleashed -- A Review by Flotsam - 10/25/12 10:34 PM

I would agree with this review and add a few comments. I love these moody, historical, old cold war scenarios. The story is well developed but does tend to peter out at the end. The main character never gets to exercise the secret power hinted at in the storyline.(kinda makes you want to play it now..huh..secret power?)

A little short but nice, reasonable puzzles and much "story" in the written clues. Well worth the price if you like moody, point and click classic adventures. I had fun and a few real chills!! No, not as complex as OutCry but more fun in many ways. It was much easier to pick up after a game save and remember where you were!!! Guess I'm getting old ! I like the comparison to the old
B & W Frankenstein movie.. !!

Chuck O
© 2024 GameBoomers Community