GB HOMEPAGE

Atlantis series, was there ever...

Posted By: Betty Lou

Atlantis series, was there ever... - 10/23/12 05:48 PM

intended to be an Atlantis 6 (VI)? I just finished Atlantis 5, The Secrets Of Atlantis, The Sacred Legacy and the ending indicates another in this series - but I do not recall there ever being one announced and released. I have now finished all 5 replaying them and sure enjoyed them even with my usual frustrations. Thought I never would finish that last hexagon puzzle and VOILA, I did it!
Love, Betty Lou
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Atlantis series, was there ever... - 10/23/12 05:51 PM

I don't recall one being announced either Betty Lou. It would indeed be a great series to continue.

Ana wave
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: Atlantis series, was there ever... - 10/27/12 05:35 PM

Yeah, I agree and I find myself sitting here pining and wondering what happened next lol I am missing the next adventure with the survivors of this last one. Oh, well,
Love, Betty Lou
Posted By: Becky

Re: Atlantis series, was there ever... - 10/27/12 08:05 PM

Didn't some of the developers of the Atlantis series try a new tack in Atlantis Evolution? Here's Jenny100's review.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Atlantis series, was there ever... - 10/27/12 11:55 PM

Atlantis Interactive Entertainment made both Atlantis Evolution (Atlantis #4) and The Secrets of Atlantis: The Sacred Legacy (Atlantis #5). The first 3 Atlantis games were developed and published by Cryo. As ***Randy's review of Atlantis Evolution***points out, many of the developers from Cryo went to work for Atlantis Interactive Entertainment after Cryo went under.

I thought Atlantis #5 was a better game than #4, but apparently the company didn't make enough money to stay afloat. According to the French Wikipedia, Atlantis Interactive Entertainment closed their doors in May 2007.
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis_Interactive_Entertainment
Who knows who owns the Atlantis franchise now?
Posted By: Mad

Re: Atlantis series, was there ever... - 10/29/12 06:26 AM

Well let's hope it's not "Sony" !!

After they swallowed "Psygnosis" the Discworld games disappeared forever thumbsdown
© 2024 GameBoomers Community