GB HOMEPAGE

Did any of you play Lucius?

Posted By: Tomer

Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/03/12 11:00 AM

The game looks really good, although it apparently contains a little action which I know many here dislike. Impressions? I'm considering buying it.
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/03/12 11:57 AM

It's more of a do something and see stuff happen type of game. Bit like the egg on the airplane with Zak McKraken, explode it and the attendant will be busy to fix it. I like it thus far.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/03/12 04:02 PM

If you decide to get it, GOG has it for $19.99.
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/lucius

Adventure Shop has it too. You can click on the banner or the button on the top of the forum to access.

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/03/12 05:40 PM

Thanks. I thought of getting it through steam, but I see Gog is even cheaper!
Posted By: oldman

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/03/12 07:20 PM

I made some brief comments about it here
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/03/12 07:33 PM

I played up until the first time I died and had to start over. This was enough for me to uninstall the game. I might have been a little more interested if they would have given the choice of first person view, like in Testament of Sherlock Holmes, as I didn't care for the over the shoulder type view.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/03/12 07:38 PM

Start over from the beginning because you died? Oh no. That is totally unacceptable.

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/03/12 07:55 PM

It may have been the beginning of a chapter. If it was it was only chapter one as I didn't get very far and any kind of dying to me is a game killer. I really wasn't doing anything wrong except an adult saw me doing something.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/03/12 07:56 PM

Sounds like the "very short chapters" Oldman mentioned in the other post may be all it has for a "save" feature. If I was going to put up with that, I'd play Inherent Evil.

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/03/12 08:00 PM

Starting over anything is a deal breaker for me. I have such limited game time that I refuse to do anything over. Too bad, I liked the look of the game.

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/03/12 08:33 PM

One exception to this rule was for me Limbo, where you begin right where you died, and where dying is an obvious part of the experience. But if it's that bad -- I agree! Can you at least save in the game?

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/03/12 09:03 PM

I do not care if I die, I die a lot in shooters , but I want it to at least let me start over where I died.

Ana wave

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/03/12 09:08 PM

To be fair to the game, I didn't play much of it, might be wise to have a few more players chime in with their experience. For me, I can take some dying but its how you die that is a game killer for me. In this game, with the controls (view) and the reason I died coupled with having to go back and play parts over are not what I like in a game.
Posted By: Barry

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/05/12 04:24 AM

The game is programmed for saves only in certain spots, so if you're a ways into the game and you haven't hit a save spot Tough luck. You'll have to start from the beginning.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/05/12 01:35 PM

thumbsdown thumbsdown thumbsdown

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/05/12 06:51 PM

Well, comments so far don't seem to be praising the game smile
Posted By: maggsie

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/05/12 07:51 PM

Playing this crazy game now and I am trying to get my head around it, This little guy never says a word weird !!!trying to get rid of the padlock at the moment the manual is not very helpful either, also who wants a large poster of this crazy kid LOL
Thats my moan for the day, money down the drain
Maggsie
Posted By: revco

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/08/12 12:12 AM

I'm on Chapter 5 and I keep dying. The no save within the chapter is driving me crazy!!
Posted By: kjos

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/08/12 01:08 AM

RevCo,how did you ever make it to chapter 5,I have been trying to finish chapter 4. What a waste of money. I've played a lot better games than this one.
Richard
Posted By: venus

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/08/12 03:04 PM

It did look interesting, but I'm with others on not liking that type of save system. Too bad, I think I'll have to skip this one. frown
Posted By: revco

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/09/12 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: kjos
RevCo,how did you ever make it to chapter 5,I have been trying to finish chapter 4. What a waste of money. I've played a lot better games than this one.
Richard

I don't recall how but there is a way. crazy
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/10/12 04:56 PM

I am glad to be able to see what other gamers feel about a game before I buy it. Based on what I have read so far I have opted not to buy it. I have so many un played games that I don't want t have to start over from the begining of any game. Other gamers have stated that starting over from the point one died is acceptable but to start over from the begining is not an option.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 11/10/12 05:04 PM

I watched a Let's Play of this on YouTube. The player's (PewDiePie) commentary made it fun, but the gameplay itself is repetitive. Wake up in the morning.. kill kill kill.. go to bed.. wake up in the morning.. kill.. etc.

I was initially quite tempted to buy this one, but I'm so glad that I didn't. It would have driven me crackers.
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Did any of you play Lucius? - 03/03/13 12:16 AM

Rushes,
Thanks for mentioning youtube, I will just go there and watch it after I finish watching Alter Ego and The Dame Was Loaded . I could not get either of those games to work but Youtube saved the day.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community