GB HOMEPAGE

The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/17/12 07:42 PM

Nordic Games and KING Art collaborate on the Critter Chronicles

You can view the Trailer here.

The Critter Chronicles is due to be released on December 5th for PC, MAC and Linux on all major e-tailers.

Quote:
London, November 16th 2012: Nordic Games is excited to announce that The Critter Chronicles, the prequel to the critically acclaimed The Book of Unwritten Tales (BoUT), will be released on December 5th for PC, MAC and Linux on all major e-tailers.

The hilarious point and click fantasy adventure The Critter Chronicles is the first chapter in the epic journey before BoUT. Created by KING Art, BoUT was originally released in 2009, and has been released online in July 2012.

A beautiful tale that allows players to travel back to the very beginning when Nate Bonnett first met his hairy sidekick Critter - adventurers can assume the role of either character. Set in the fantasy world Aventasia, there is plenty of magic to experience before or after moving into The Book of Unwritten Tales.
“It’s always a pleasure to work with KING Art, they produce high quality games not only in terms of production quality but especially in its witty and charming humour.” said Reinhard Pollice, Business & Product Development Manager Nordic Games. “KING Art knows how to pack the game full of the best innuendos and pay homage to the RPG and fantasy genre which is exactly what we want to provide not only to Adventure-players, but to Fantasy and RPG fans alike.”

KING Art has worked hard to improve background graphics and to also include facial animation. The Critter Chronicles will now include sound and lip movement, something not included in the original release of BoUT, creating a stunning story for seasoned players and newcomers alike.

“The collaboration between ourselves and Nordic Games is really going from strength to strength,” said Jan Theysen, Creative Director at KING Art. “It’s great to see that The Book of Unwritten Tales has also made its way into the hearts and minds of players in North America and we hope that The Critter Chronicles will give players even more content to enjoy from the Aventasia universe.”

Travel from the Northlands to the Mage's Tower of Seastone and experience an additional story before The Book of Unwritten Tales. Along the way players will meet new characters including an animal rights activist Petra, a schizophrenic Yeti, and the Critters.

The Linux Beta version of The Book of Unwritten Tales is now open to all Steam account users now for a limited period only: http://www.valvesoftware.com/linuxsurvey.php.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Becky

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/17/12 08:00 PM

Fantastic! Thanks Ana. wave
Posted By: LadyCav

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/17/12 08:16 PM

I loved The Book of Unwritten Tales!
This prequel looks to be a delightful and fun romp! lol
Great video -Looking forward to it!
Posted By: kwbridge

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/17/12 09:02 PM

Yay! I loved the first one.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/17/12 10:18 PM

Why does the trailer say "The Adventure Company" at the end?

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/18/12 01:24 AM

Because Nordic Games bought The Adventure Company.

Check the Announcement here.

Ana wave
Posted By: jfcwilson

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/18/12 02:22 AM

Looks so cool! Thanks Ana!
And I had no idea they bought TAC. Good news...or bad?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/18/12 02:27 AM

I must have missed that announcement, Ana.
I'm glad I asked.
Posted By: venus

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/18/12 04:16 AM

Great news, thanks for the info, Ana! I loved the original. bravo

All of these fall/winter games are pouring out faster than I can buy them. lol
Posted By: Haroula

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/18/12 09:27 AM

Thanks Ana wave
Posted By: rockingrjranch

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/19/12 01:11 AM

This is so exciting. Thanks Ana! yay
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/19/12 11:05 AM

Yahoo !! Another likely goodie !! Thanks for the info, BrownEyedTigre happydance
Posted By: UruKat

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/19/12 03:38 PM

I LOVE it!! The trailer is hilarious! This is one of the most clever games I have ever played.....comical, but not "cheesy". The writers have such a great sense of humor.
Thanks for letting us know about it.
Posted By: Carla

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/19/12 06:34 PM

I wonder why Amazon UK sets the release date on January 22, 2013.
Maybe the game will release first on Steam in digital download and then as hard copy? I will enquiry to the publisher!

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/19/12 06:39 PM

Thanks Carla!

Ana wave
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/20/12 11:21 PM

Kool ...

Thanks, Ana penguin
Posted By: lynthorpe

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 11/30/12 02:48 PM

Really looking forward to this one puppy
Posted By: zak

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 12/05/12 05:53 PM

Its released now only 16$ at gog 20% off.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/the_book_of_unwritten_tales_critter_chronicles
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 12/05/12 05:57 PM

Thanks, zak! thumbsup12 wave12
Posted By: michele rose

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 12/05/12 06:05 PM

Looks like as much fun as the first. bravo12 Geez, my wish list keeps getting longer and longer.
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Prequel set for December Release - 12/05/12 11:05 PM

Thank you, zak !! I'm off to GOG happydance12
© 2024 GameBoomers Community