GB HOMEPAGE

Wizarbox Declares Bankruptcy

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Wizarbox Declares Bankruptcy - 01/08/13 06:16 PM

Sadly, the developer behind Grey Matter, So Blonde and Captain Morgane and others has declared bankruptcy.

You can view the article Here.

I hope they can pull through. sad
Posted By: Mad

Re: Wizarbox Declares Bankruptcy - 01/08/13 06:24 PM

That is such sad news frown

[I played most of Risen, too, and thought IT was really good.]
Posted By: Marian

Re: Wizarbox Declares Bankruptcy - 01/08/13 06:25 PM

Very sad news, Ana. Like you, I hope they can figure out a way to come back. frown wave
Posted By: gatorlaw

Re: Wizarbox Declares Bankruptcy - 01/08/13 10:06 PM

The good news is they have filed under the euro equivalent of chapter 11 (re-organization) vs 7 (liquidation)

So definitely wishing them all the best in restructuring and hanging in there.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Wizarbox Declares Bankruptcy - 01/08/13 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: gatorlaw
The good news is they have filed under the euro equivalent of chapter 11 (re-organization) vs 7 (liquidation)

So definitely wishing them all the best in restructuring and hanging in there.

That is encouraging. wave
Posted By: DaveHT

Re: Wizarbox Declares Bankruptcy - 01/09/13 01:05 AM

I am not sure if this is encouraging news. The so-called re-organization is likely just a step toward to asset management in preparation for dissolve the company.

Terrible news for the genre to start off the new year.

I had thought that both Grey Matter and So Blonde did reasonably well in Europe.
Posted By: Karsten

Re: Wizarbox Declares Bankruptcy - 01/10/13 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: DaveHT
I am not sure if this is encouraging news. The so-called re-organization is likely just a step toward to asset management in preparation for dissolve the company.

Terrible news for the genre to start off the new year.

I had thought that both Grey Matter and So Blonde did reasonably well in Europe.

Yes, they have might done so - but it all depends on whether or not the publisher paid them. Many publishers have a habit, I think?, of paying the royalties for games developed by developers such as Wizarbox.

Also, it could be that Wizarbox couldn't get funding for its new game projects....
Posted By: venus

Re: Wizarbox Declares Bankruptcy - 01/15/13 04:49 PM

Sorry to hear this. sad I really enjoyed Gray Matter and So Blonde. Hope they are able to restructure and start making games again.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community