GB HOMEPAGE

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 01/22/13 09:11 PM

In one week, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey on PC and Mac. The second installment of this chilling series -- which IndieGames.com has called "on par with Gabriel Knight" -- will release January 30

You can check out Flotsam's review of Episode 1 here.

Check the Screenshots HERE.

Quote:
Community Launch Events

Fans can see the new episode in action and mingle with the Cognition team (including adventure game legend Jane Jensen!) at two upcoming community events. Everyone is invited!

• Sunday 1/27 - Preview Stream: Starting at 7:30PM Eastern, the beginning of episode 2 will be featured in a Let's Play by fan Toegoff (http://www.youtube.com/user/toegoff).

• Wednesday 1/30 - Launch Party: Starting at 4:00PM Eastern, the Phoenix Online team (http://www.youtube.com/user/postudios) will host a live broadcast to celebrate The Wise Monkey's launch. Jane Jensen, creator of Gabriel Knight and story consultant on Cognition, will join in at 5:00.

Direct links for both of these streaming events will be posted ahead of time on the YouTube channels linked above, as well as on Phoenix Online's Twitter feed (@POStudios).

You can check out a new trailer of Episode 1 here.

You can check out the game on the Official Website here.

Quote:
Previously on Cognition...
FBI agent Erica Reed has an advantage when it comes to tracking a killer: an unusual set of post-cognitive abilities that help her sense how a crime unfolded. She also has a score to settle with the serial killer who took her brother's life three years ago. But vengeance takes a backseat in Episode 2: The Wise Monkey, when Agent Reed's fellow bureau members become targets. Can she find a deranged killer before it's too late, or is it just a matter of time before Erica herself falls victim to The Wise Monkey?

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 01/22/13 09:44 PM

Thanks, Ana!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 01/23/13 10:43 AM

Thanks for that news, BrownEyedTigre smile

I pledged for this game - but for the disk version - as I want to play it when it's a "complete" game.

Am really looking forward to it, too, but I think I have a veeeeery long wait lol lol lol
Posted By: venus

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 01/23/13 04:23 PM

Thanks for the info, Ana! Really looking forward to the live event! yay The Let's Play should be fun, too. I always enjoy Toegoff's commentary. thumbsup

First episode was terrific, and I'm looking forward to Episode 2. happydance
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 01/24/13 06:09 PM

Thanks, Ana wave
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 01/29/13 07:23 PM

Good thing I finally finished episode 1.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 01/29/13 09:22 PM

Thank you BrownEyedTigre for the news on this - I'm very interested but so behind with games so do prefer, like Mad, to wait until all episodes are completed - the Gabriel Knight comparison is very appealing!!!!
Posted By: kjos

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 01/30/13 12:01 PM

Just downloaded episode 2 from GamersGate. Looks like a great game. Plays great.
Richard
Posted By: Marian

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 01/30/13 04:36 PM

Let us know what you think of the game after you finish it, Richard. smile
Posted By: oldman

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 01/30/13 04:57 PM

Well, I ordered my season pass from Gamestop and they are telling me that it should be available on 1 Feb. Bummer, wish I'd ordered from someone else.

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 01/30/13 05:21 PM

I think as time goes by Marian I might need a WT.
I did on the other one. John I got mine through gamersgate quite a while back and you get points for a free games.
Richard

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 01/30/13 06:58 PM

I always pick the wrong horse. crazy However the good news is that I contacted the Postudios store and they were aware of the delay with gamestop and gave me a coupon to get the games direct from them and I'm downloading as I type this. Fantastic customer relations. I got an answer within hours of my email.

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 01/30/13 07:04 PM

Thats great John.
Richard

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 01/30/13 10:56 PM

A peculiar thing happened with my download and I thought I'd share it in case anyone else runs into this problem.

When I downloaded the file it would not open and didn't show up as an executable file. I found on their boards that this happens and the quick fix is to rename the file with the suffix .exe and doing this alows the file to open and install the game.

Evidently windows 7 forgets to add the suffix when it downloads the file and you have to put it in manually.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 02/02/13 02:00 AM

Thanks, Oldman. Someone else did have this problem in the Glitches forum.
Posted By: dorish

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 02/02/13 05:11 PM

Thank you Oldman, I am the other person who had this problem. Now going to download the walkthrough and start the game. I must remember the .exe for the next time.

Doreen

Re: Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller continues with Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - 02/02/13 06:24 PM

Glad I could help. Enjoy the game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community