GB HOMEPAGE

Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - 01/29/13 04:53 PM

You can view the screenshots Here.

Quote:
Since early 2000, the Sherlock Holmes series of six video games for PC captivated millions of players around the world. In 2012, the famous detective’s latest investigation--The Testament of Sherlock Holmes--abandoned the traditional point & click gameplay and, in a revolution for the series, created a genuine third-person gaming experience befitting consoles and PCS. The title earned praise from players and critics despite some minor technical glitches and brought the famous detective to a wider audience.

The new Sherlock Holmes game Crimes and Punishments will build upon that success with important changes on the graphical side as well as the game experience side.For the first time ever, Frogwares Studio will abandon their homemade graphics engine. The latest adventures of Sherlock Holmes will be developed on Epic’s Unreal Engine 3, allowing the series to jump far ahead of previous installments in graphical quality. Environments will be more realistic and finely detailed with dynamic lighting and shadows. Choosing this engine also lets the game benefit from many technologies like a powerful animation engine for smooth movement and animation transitions, real-time shaders and a particle system, and advanced post-processing effects.

Unlike the previous adventures of Sherlock Holmes, in Crimes and Punishments you will not be a mere spectator during the detective’s
investigation. It is now your turn to truly become Sherlock Holmes and lead your own investigation--actually, your investigations, as 8 captivating cases await you! Murders, disappearances, spectacular thefts, and other investigations will bring you to the cutting edge of the detective genre and these cases will be the bread and butter of this game, written in the pure tradition of Conan Doyle’s novels.

Each case offers real freedom to players, who will have to make important moral choices instead of simply enforcing justice by the book. All decisions have an influence in the game and affect your character’s reputation in addition to having realistic, sometimes unexpected, consequences. You will have to bear the weight of your choices, as Crimes and Punishments offers an exciting system of actions/consequences that forces players to think before acting by giving true depth to every decision they make.

Crimes and Punishments offers up to 12 different endings for the 8 grand cases that constitute the game, an ambitious offering that creates a new gaming experience.

In Crimes and Punishments, players will embody a Sherlock Holmes with a brand new look. Developers at Frogwares have abandoned the classic Sherlock Holmes inspired by the 60s Sherlock movies, replacing him with a more modern character perfectly matching the new artistic ambitions of the title.

Happy Gaming,
Ana sherlock
Posted By: Marian

Re: Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - 01/29/13 04:57 PM

Thanks, Ana. thumbsup
Posted By: MaG

Re: Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - 01/29/13 05:55 PM

Thanks, Ana!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - 01/29/13 06:11 PM

Wow, thanks, BrownEyedTigre !! But I think I'm nervous as well as excited !! laugh
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - 01/29/13 09:11 PM

Thank you BrownEyedTigre for the news! The details of the game seem interesting! smile
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - 01/31/13 10:39 AM

Amazing Ana! Technology is truly changing adventure gaming. I'm not sure I'm ready! sherlock
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - 02/07/13 04:20 PM

Actually I don't like multiple endings, because it means I miss something. I'm not likely to play a game 12 times.
Posted By: Olga

Re: Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - 02/20/13 02:55 PM

Hello Gameboomers!

Just wanted to share the first interview I made for the upcoming Sherlock Holmes game, Crimes and Punishments. No spoilers inside but it addresses some of the changes we bring to the game:

http://pcgmedia.com/sherlock-holmes-crimes-punishments-preview-and-qa/

Hope you enjoy it! sherlock

~ Olga

Re: Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - 02/20/13 04:06 PM

Thank you Olga!

Ana wave
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - 02/20/13 04:08 PM

Thanks, Ana

I love these screenshots of the game....

Looks very mysterious, and spooky sherlock
Posted By: thracia

Re: Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - 02/22/13 03:15 AM

I'm with Guybrush. With multiple endings I will forced to play until I see them all!crazy Otherwise the screen shots look amazing. I think I like the idea of solving different cases, almost like each one is a mini-adventure.

thracia
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - 02/22/13 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood
Actually I don't like multiple endings, because it means I miss something. I'm not likely to play a game 12 times.

I don't think I'd play a game 12 times either, but maybe someone will post the other endings on YouTube.
Posted By: pnakotus

Re: Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - 02/22/13 11:04 PM

Ooh, I like the sound of this! Solving multiple cases over the course of a game sounds like a more faithful adaptation of Conan Doyle's books than the typical "supercase" approach. And I like the sound of multiple endings and moral choices: Holmes often took pity on people or waived fees if he felt it necessary, I seem to remember.
Posted By: Trinny3

Re: Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - 02/23/13 05:20 AM

Looking and sounding great yay .
Thanks Ana thumbsup ,
a great interview Olga sherlock .
I will diffidently add this one to my
collection catrub .
Posted By: Olga

Re: Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - 03/14/13 04:50 PM

Hi GameBoomers wave

It is lovely to be with you here at the forums. Thanks for all the enthusiasm you showing for the new game! Thus I am happy to introduce another thing that you may want to have a look at - Developer Diary, that is meant to describe all the milestones for the game development. I am planning to run the diary till the game release showing where we are every now and then. Hope you like it:

http://devblog.sherlockholmes-thegame.com/

Feel free to let me know what you want to read/see/hear about! Thanks smile

Re: Screenshots and Details on Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment - 03/14/13 05:00 PM

Thanks Olga! How fun. yay
© 2024 GameBoomers Community