Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes

Posted by: Rushes

Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/05/13 12:41 PM

In the second episode of the Cognition series, FBI agent Erica Reed is up against a serial killer with a penchant for severed body parts. Will Erica be able to rescue her abducted colleague before time runs out?

Cognition: The Wise Monkey
Posted by: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/05/13 01:01 PM

Thanks for a great read Rushes!

Ana wave
Posted by: MaG

Re: Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/05/13 01:21 PM

thumbsup Rushes. Thanks.
Posted by: Mad

Re: Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/05/13 03:33 PM

Thanks for that, Rushes. Much appreciated grin
Posted by: Chief

Re: Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/05/13 04:41 PM

Thanks Rushes. bravo

Chief wave
Posted by: KatieHal

Re: Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/05/13 06:12 PM

Thanks Rushes@ Glad you enjoyed the game!
Posted by: chrissie

Re: Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/05/13 09:10 PM

Thank you for the interesting review Rushes - I'm very interested but haven't had too much time lately to even catch up with my games pile! - I'll probaly get around to buying it several episodes later! lol
Posted by: Haroula

Re: Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/06/13 03:02 AM

Thanks Rushes thumbsup wave
Posted by: Kaki's Sister

Re: Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/06/13 05:29 AM

Thanks for the informative review Rushes.
Posted by: venus

Re: Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/06/13 10:56 AM

Thanks for the review, Rushes. thumbsup I love this game. One of the best I've played in a while. bravo
Posted by: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/07/13 10:09 AM

I didn't run into any of those problems.
Posted by: Tomer

Re: Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/07/13 06:01 PM

Thanks for the review.

I also encountered none of the problems described in the review. I think it's also fair to remember that this game was made with a tiny budget to begin with (they wanted 20K in Kickstarter and got around 30K), so compared to it, I found the game graphically very pleasant.

Re: Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/07/13 06:32 PM

Thanks for the comments, everyone. smile I'm glad to hear that the graphics problems seem to have been ironed out in the final version.
Posted by: hamer

Re: Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/07/13 10:47 PM

Just curious Rushes why you would not play the first one in the series first?

Re: Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/08/13 09:35 AM

The first one originally slipped by my radar on its release. The second, I was given a preview link for that episode alone. It was a useful experience, I think, actually, as I imagine a (perhaps small) percentage of gamers might purchase episode two because the title interests them without having even heard of the first in the series or with any inclination to fork out additional money for it.

The initial, wobbling "?" above my daft head did not adversely affect the game's grade in any way. smile
Posted by: KatieHal

Re: Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/08/13 11:42 AM

Rushes, I'd be happy to get you a copy of Episode 1 as well, just PM me your email address smile

Re: Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey -- A Review by Rushes - 02/08/13 12:54 PM

That's very kind of you Katie, thank you. smile