GB HOMEPAGE

Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/05/13 12:23 AM

Here is a prominence facebook post:

Quote:
Hey friends and fans! We've had a few pricing questions, and wanted to let you know that we're planning to release Prominence digitally for $20, and we're looking into the possibility of digital pre-orders at $15.

We also know many adventure game and PC gaming fans prefer to buy boxed copies, so we've also been exploring the idea of making a limited edition boxed version with a whole bunch of extra goodies. This would probably be done via Kickstarter, since it'll be a one-time, all-or-nothing production run.

What do you think?

I will link this thread to Prominence's thread so that those without FaceBook can help get their opinion out there.

Speak now.... grin
Posted By: MaG

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/05/13 03:24 AM

Thanks, Ana.

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/05/13 03:44 AM

No one has an opinion? lol

Okay, well my opinion is that I would be happy with a download only. That should get things rolling. rotfl
Posted By: Mad

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/05/13 04:22 AM

Hi BrownEyedTigre smile

Yeah !! You got me rollin' !!!! lol

I'm one of those who would prefer a boxed, disk version but right now I'm just fully booked up as regards Kickstarter stuff.
[That is to say I really can't afford to pledge towards any more for the time being :)]

But thanks for the info nonetheless !! thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/05/13 04:33 AM

lol I knew that would get things in motion. Thanks for your opinion Mad. hearts
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/05/13 05:05 AM

I have been looking forward to playing Prominence since it was first announced and I am excited to learn that the long wait may be coming to an end.

Frankly here is my opinion on the questions ask from the Prominence team...

I am one who prefers to have physical disk over a digital download any day. I have learned though that downloads are not really that bad. That being said I would be perfectly happy with a disk release, with graphics, in a Keep Case (DVD Style Case) with a printed game graphic insert. Small, lightweight for shipping and inexpensive compared to manufacturing a box and adding goodies. Personally, even though I have high hopes that Prominence will be a great gaming experience it is unproven for a limited edition boxed released. If this was a game from a successful series or from a team that is well established in our community then yes, go ahead with it. I can see the Tex Murphys, Dreamfall, Jane Jensen, Jonathon Boakes etc teams offering collector editions with goodies but I can't see it, yet, for Prominence. I hope that Prominence is very successful and that when Prominence 2 is released there will be a Limited Edition Boxed release with goodies.

As far as the prices for the download version, seems reasonable to me with the preorder discount price a good deal as long as the length of the game fits the price.

BTW...thanks for asking.
Posted By: cg_mike

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/05/13 01:36 PM

Thanks for the support, GameBoomers! smile We'll be reading every post in this thread!

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/05/13 05:22 PM

cg-mike

Any guess-timate as to when Prominence will be released and will you be distributing it yourself?

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/06/13 04:58 AM

Good question Greyfuss!
Posted By: colpet

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/06/13 04:04 PM

I would pay extra for a boxed version rather than a straight download.
Posted By: cg_mike

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/06/13 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
cg-mike

Any guess-timate as to when Prominence will be released and will you be distributing it yourself?

Good question indeed!

Every time we've projected a release date, something happens and the schedule takes a hit. So we should probably just say that we're working hard to make Prominence an exceptional science-fiction game that will hopefully intrigue and entertain adventure fans everywhere.

As for distribution, we'll be launching a Greenlight campaign soon. GOG would be good too. We like their value-added mentality and we know adventure gamers appreciate their viewpoint on DRM.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/07/13 02:01 AM

Well a release via GOG would get a definite " thumbsup" and a purchase from me !! grin
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/07/13 11:00 AM

For me a boxed version is the only way to go because my gaming computer is not connected to the internet. I really don't need extra goodies just a DVD version in a case.
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/10/13 11:04 AM

Another vote for a physical edition from me. I would pay extra. smile
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/10/13 04:04 PM

Only $5 more for a physical version is a great bargain -- assuming both are DRM-free.

Edit -- I seem to have misread Ana's quote. Alas it will probably be more than $5 for the physical version.

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/10/13 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
Only $5 more for a physical version is a great bargain -- assuming both are DRM-free.

Jenny

Where did you see that it is $5 more for a physical copy? I must have missed that.

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/10/13 04:39 PM

I guess I misread Ana's quote. Sorry.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/10/13 04:41 PM

I'd gladly pay a bit extra for a physical version, but like Jenny, only if it is DRM-free.

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/10/13 04:43 PM

I'd pay at least $10, maybe more for a physical version, depending on the game.
Sorry I seem to have started a rumor by misreading the Ana's post -- wishful thinking I guess.

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/10/13 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100

Sorry I seem to have started a rumor by misreading the Ana's post -- wishful thinking I guess.

Posted By: chrissie

Re: Speak your Mind for Prominence Boxed Edition - 03/10/13 05:32 PM

I'd prefer a boxed edition of any game over a download but....I don't need/want any extras & I'd prefer a download anytime to a disc version that comes with the need to set up e.g. a Steam account etc as has just happened to me with the disc version of Chaos on Deponia which I later saw I could get on GoG hardwall (I might aswell use the disc as a frisby as it's absolutely worthless - I just don't need it!)

My thought is to release the game as digital download & if it does well enough could you not release a disc version later (without the need for Kickstarter?) - that seems to be the way at the mo?
© 2024 GameBoomers Community