GB HOMEPAGE

anyone else have troubles with small font?

Posted By: mbday630

anyone else have troubles with small font? - 03/22/13 12:14 AM

After finishing Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle, which I really enjoyed, and had large font that I could read the subtitles, I went to Edna and Harvey 2,- Harvey's new Eyes. Why do they put the font so small that old timers like me can't read it? It was so nice to be able to read the things that they said in captain morgane, and now to go to this font is so hard. don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the game and the puzzles, but, I just hate having to study the screen to see what they are saying, and I am so used to clicking before the end of speaking that I miss most of it. I know, I know, - be patient and listen to what they say, but, I have always been a fast reader and didn't like listening to the dialogue. I guess in this game I will be forced to listen though.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: anyone else have troubles with small font? - 03/22/13 12:42 AM

I don't mind small font so much as font against a non-contrasting background, where the letters blend in with what's behind them. At least with a small font I can use a big magnifying glass, or one of those book magnifiers that magnifies the whole page.
Posted By: granny

Re: anyone else have troubles with small font? - 03/22/13 01:15 AM

Some of us got-er-done by holding down the Control key, and move yourmous for larger, or down for small.

Our great members know everything.

Re: anyone else have troubles with small font? - 03/23/13 09:38 PM

I didn't realize Edna had a hotkey combination to make the text bigger. Thanks, Granny.
Posted By: mbday630

Re: anyone else have troubles with small font? - 03/23/13 10:17 PM

I did try that with Edna and Harvey 2 and it didn't work. But, I am still enjoying the game. Maybe it was such a shock after coming after Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle that had like -20 font- and was so easy to read - to this small font. But if anyone is turned off by the small font, please continue with the game, as this is a really fun game so far!

Re: anyone else have troubles with small font? - 03/24/13 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: mbday630
I did try that with Edna and Harvey 2 and it didn't work.

Drat!! Looks like it's time to break out the magnifying glass then.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community