Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: 11 beloved PC game studios: Gone but not forgotten - 04/06/13 11:09 AM

That's not a good sign Donald.
Posted By: Haroula

Re: 11 beloved PC game studios: Gone but not forgotten - 04/06/13 08:33 PM

Thanks Donald wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: 11 beloved PC game studios: Gone but not forgotten - 04/07/13 03:00 AM

Sacrilege!! They list Sierra, but show a picture of that abomination Magna Cum Laude instead of one of the real Leisure Suit Larry games.
Posted By: oldman

Re: 11 beloved PC game studios: Gone but not forgotten - 04/07/13 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
Sacrilege!! They list Sierra, but show a picture of that abomination Magna Cum Laude instead of one of the real Leisure Suit Larry games.

My thoughts exactly.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: 11 beloved PC game studios: Gone but not forgotten - 04/09/13 04:14 AM

I never heard of most of those. Lucas Arts and Sierra only ones I know.
Posted By: mrbill

Re: 11 beloved PC game studios: Gone but not forgotten - 04/09/13 10:47 PM

Most of the other developers were primarily producing RPGs or other types of games rather than Adventure games. Westwood was big in RPGs, but they did give us the 3 Kyrandia games. They list Sierra Entertainment which was the name used by Vivendi Universal Games after they had become the owners of Sierra. Our beloved Sierra was just called Sierra or Sierra Online.

They left out:

Legend Entertainment Company (Callahan's Crosstime Saloon, Shannara, Death Gate, [Spellcasting 101, 201 and 301], Superhero League of Hoboken, Eric the Unready and Star Control 3)

Cryo Interactive Entertainment (Atlantis I, II and III, Egypt Games, Forbidden City and many more games)

Perfect Entertainment (3 Discworld Games)

Presto Studios (The 3 Journeyman Project Games and MYST III: Exile)

Mr. Bill
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: 11 beloved PC game studios: Gone but not forgotten - 04/09/13 11:53 PM

Don't forget my beloved Kheops. sad
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: 11 beloved PC game studios: Gone but not forgotten - 04/10/13 12:02 AM

There were several others...

Access (Tex Murphy games)

Detalion (Reah, the Schizm games, Sentinel)

Kheops Studio (Return to Mysterious Island 1 and 2, Echo: Secret of the Lost Cavern, Safecracker 2006, Nostradamus, Secrets of Da Vinci, and ***more***.

Southpeak (Temujin, Dark Side of the Moon, and the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea on DVD game that never got past being an ad on a poster in Dark Side of the Moon and a demo.)

Also, the dates they give for Sierra are 1979-2008, even though it wasn't the same studio for all that time -- and the Vivendi incarnation was certainly not "beloved."
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: 11 beloved PC game studios: Gone but not forgotten - 04/10/13 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: mrbill

They left out:

Legend Entertainment Company (Callahan's Crosstime Saloon, Shannara, Death Gate, [Spellcasting 101, 201 and 301], Superhero League of Hoboken, Eric the Unready and Star Control 3)

Cryo Interactive Entertainment (Atlantis I, II and III, Egypt Games, Forbidden City and many more games)

Perfect Entertainment (3 Discworld Games)

Presto Studios (The 3 Journeyman Project Games and MYST III: Exile)

Mr. Bill

And let's not forget Coktel Vision, with a long list of great games like Bargon Attack, Gobliiins , Lost in Time, Ween, etc... and the good folks at Microprose for Rex Nebular.
Posted By: Bristol

Re: 11 beloved PC game studios: Gone but not forgotten - 04/10/13 04:35 AM

That brought back some memories, especially mention of Deus Ex, the Thief series, etc. BUT, did you notice at the end of the slide show you were invited to click a link for another slideshow of games "even your grandmother would love"? Well, excuse me, but could someone inform the writer just how many of us "grandmothers and grandfathers" are playing these games and just how much money we toss their way? Patronizing or what, eh?
© 2024 GameBoomers Community