GB HOMEPAGE

The Silver Lining Final Episode

Posted By: bootskitty

The Silver Lining Final Episode - 04/14/13 05:33 PM

When will the final episode of The Silver Lining be available - anyone know?
Posted By: Rushes

Re: The Silver Lining Final Episode - 04/14/13 05:39 PM

Hi bootskitty,

This from a TSL forum post, that MaG linked to in an older thread in February:

We don't have a release date for Episode 5 yet; it's in progress, though! When we do have a date, we'll be announcing it all over the site, though.

wave
Posted By: bootskitty

Re: The Silver Lining Final Episode - 04/14/13 05:51 PM

Thanks so much
Posted By: oldman

Re: The Silver Lining Final Episode - 04/14/13 08:31 PM

I read on one of the blogs, or news releases that they produce that one of the reasons it is taking longer is that they are doing a whole bunch of different things with Episode 5 including (I think) an improve game engine.

It makes me wonder if all the so called improvements will take away from the flavor of the game and lose some of the beloved "Kings quest" type play. I really hope they don't get to carried away with updating and forget the original intent of the effort.

Oh well only time will tell and it seems now a lot of time. Yes I know it's free and I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and all the other clichés etc. but I am getting a littly antsy. (Can't help myself)
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Silver Lining Final Episode - 04/15/13 01:31 AM

This thread here should answer all your questions.

If you do not feel like reading the thread, the bottom line is they are hoping for the end of the year.

Ana wave
Posted By: Kootsie

Re: The Silver Lining Final Episode - 05/14/13 12:33 PM

Oh dear

This is taking an interminable amount of time.

Ive nearly forgotten the whole story.
Posted By: oldman

Re: The Silver Lining Final Episode - 05/14/13 08:25 PM

Yes, a long time indeed but understanding what this group of individuals have been through helps to quell the impatience.

I have been watching them since their inception in 2000 when they originally tried to call it Kings Quest IX and had to get fan support to fight vivendi over rights.

Their name Phoenix is very appropriate and those of us who have been fans of the project for all these years understand the significance.

As I said previously I am definitely antsy but understand that it will be released when it is finished and there is nothing any complaining can do to speed it up. So, I say here and now thank you Phoenix Studios for your valiant efforts these past 13 years and I will be very appreciative of the final episode whenever it arrives.
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Silver Lining Final Episode - 05/14/13 08:54 PM

I second all that, oldman !! thumbsup thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community