GB HOMEPAGE

After LucasArts closing, what does the future of adventure games look like? Game Designers Weigh In.

Posted By: CountZero

After LucasArts closing, what does the future of adventure games look like? Game Designers Weigh In. - 04/22/13 10:43 PM

The best of the adventure genre, past, present and future, weigh in on lauded genre's potential.

http://killscreendaily.com/articles/arti...-gilbert-weigh/
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: After LucasArts closing, what does the future of adventure games look like? Game Designers Weigh In. - 04/22/13 10:45 PM

Thanks CountZero!

Ana wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: After LucasArts closing, what does the future of adventure games look like? Game Designers Weigh In. - 04/23/13 01:42 AM

Yes. Thank you, CountZero smile

And what a refreshing change NOT to be told that Adventures games are dead, dying or any other such depressing nonsense !! bravo bravo bravo
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: After LucasArts closing, what does the future of adventure games look like? Game Designers Weigh In. - 04/23/13 10:53 AM

Thanks CountZero! There is hope! wave
Posted By: lanlynk

Re: After LucasArts closing, what does the future of adventure games look like? Game Designers Weigh In. - 04/23/13 08:43 PM

Interesting interview. Thanks for sharing! I liked what he had to say about interactive stories.
Posted By: oldman

Re: After LucasArts closing, what does the future of adventure games look like? Game Designers Weigh In. - 04/23/13 11:47 PM

While I agree that it's sad to see a company that made so many of our favorite games, I believe that the adventure community lost them years ago when they turned to all the star wars games.

I don't recall this company attempting in any way to revise or continue the adventure genre that they were so instrumental in pioneering.

Also, but for a small minority of us "old timers" there was not much of a cry for the loss of Sierra On Line, which in my opinion, was really the pioneer in the adventure game industry.

All that said, I really did enjoy their KOTOR I and II, which was not adventure but became one of my favorite RPG's.
Posted By: Mad

Re: After LucasArts closing, what does the future of adventure games look like? Game Designers Weigh In. - 04/25/13 04:27 PM

Although I, too, was disappointed when LucasArts stopped giving us their wonderful Adventure games, they were once very kind to me !!

In the early 1990s, the only computer I owned "died" and its replacement didn't have a facility for the big old 5.25 disks.

I contacted LucasArts as to how upset I was because the only version of Monkey Island available to me at that time was on those big disks.

They replied immediately to say that if I mailed the old, big disks to them they would send me Monkey Island right back on new 3.5 disks.

So I did !! And they did !! And didn't charge me anything !!

My only cost was mailing the old disks from the UK to the USA.

praise praise praise
Posted By: Rushes

Re: After LucasArts closing, what does the future of adventure games look like? Game Designers Weigh In. - 04/25/13 06:19 PM

I remember those massive disks, Mad. grin That was very good of LucasArts to send you the new format.
Posted By: oldman

Re: After LucasArts closing, what does the future of adventure games look like? Game Designers Weigh In. - 04/26/13 07:33 AM

Ahh, wasn't it nice when customer service actually meant CUSTOMER service?
© 2024 GameBoomers Community