GB HOMEPAGE

Myst Online - Uru Live

Posted By: friedmonky

Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/23/13 08:28 PM

Hey everybody! wave

I found myself missing the Until Uru days so I thought I would install Myst Online - Uru Live. I was surprised to see that it is a free download now. Anyway, I was wondering, does anyone from GB play it anymore?

Rusty yay

P.S. - Did I post this in the wrong forum? duh
Posted By: lanlynk

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/23/13 08:37 PM

I visited Until Uru a few times. I've been thinking of doing the Myst Live, but I'm not used to online gaming. I'd love to hear about your experience once you get started. Maybe I'd be brave enough to join in. wave

If I remember correctly, isn't one of the first things you do is pick up a communicator somewhere? Wow, it's been awhile!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/23/13 08:42 PM

I know we still have active members there because it comes up every now and again. YOu can get lots of info here if you need it.

Ana wave
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/23/13 09:02 PM

I played it quite a bit... I still visit every once and awhile... I loved it.. you could go explore and play by yourself and you could go with other people when you wanted.. I had a lot of fun. If you go look for the gameboomers group in the book.. we have one.
Posted By: friedmonky

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/23/13 09:18 PM

Hi Ana and thank you for the link! I am already a member of the GB group, or whatever you call it. It's still fun and brings back a lot of great memories.

Rusty yay

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/23/13 11:36 PM

Ana, thanks for the link. I'll have to re-educate myself! When I did Until Uru, I stuck to the private worlds mostly. Only went into the public areas a couple of times. Chatted and played a mini-game with someone. Really neat place. After playing, I bought the Myst Reader book and read the three volumes about the lost D'ni civilization.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/24/13 10:15 AM

I had no idea it was still online!
Posted By: lor

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/25/13 04:51 PM

I pop into the hood to dust and tidy up the cone every couple of weeks or so. Saw your name on the board Rusty, never seem to run across any gameboomers sadly.

lor

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/25/13 05:18 PM

Maybe we should try and set a date and time to some of on at the same time.... you---hoooo... Becky are you seeing this :-)
Posted By: Becky

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/25/13 10:55 PM

I haven't been in Myst Online/Uru since my old computer died. I'll have to install everything on the new computer and see if I can remember my password. lol

Has much changed in Uru lately?

EDIT: -- I just installed the game on my new computer. My progress appears to have been saved!

I dropped by the 'hood. It's been so long -- I've forgotten how to interact with everything.
Posted By: Tomer

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/26/13 12:08 AM

I stopped logging in about a year ago. It just became sad, somehow. I always think of what it could've become, *sigh* frown

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/26/13 08:44 PM

Tomer, it is kind of a sad place, at least how I experienced it. I was never there during a heyday.

The idea that this is a lost civilization, that the D'ni, for the most part, are gone--that's sad to me. And some of the music is very haunting, beautiful, but melancholy.

And on a more personal note, the last time I visited Uru, my sister and I did it together. She was my gaming partner for years, and we shared all our adventures. She passed away 4 months ago, in December. It's only been recently that I've started playing games again. Very tough without her. I'm not sure I could handle the D'ni caverns.

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/27/13 10:03 AM

Lanlynk I'm so sorry for your loss. It can't be easy to play games without her. My older sister Lucy passed a 5 years ago and I still miss her. I hope it will get easier in time for you. Take Care. You're never alone gaming here on GB.

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/27/13 07:33 PM

Kaki's Sister: thank you. Didn't mean to sound so down here. Sometimes it just hits me. I've really appreciated the GameBoomers community. Maybe I should check out Myst Online again. I always thought it was a great concept.
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/28/13 03:06 PM

Is it a proper game or is it just a social thing? I do remember installing it a few years ago but dont think I got round to having a go.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/28/13 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: mj2c
Is it a proper game or is it just a social thing?

It can be a proper game, a social thing, or both, depending on how you want to play it. As a game, it's Uru Complete Chronicles plus a couple of additional Ages (unless more have been added since then). Supposedly you can invite a friend to help you solve puzzles (like the one where you kick the wooden boxes into position and try not to get your butterflies wet). Your friend can help keep the boxes from rolling away. But I never found anyone who was interested in helping with the boxes, so I don't know how that part works.
Posted By: Geo

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/28/13 04:15 PM

Ah Uru.Brings back such great memories. Its the greatest game ever made in my opinion.
Posted By: soot

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/28/13 06:50 PM

Wow, I didn't know Uru Live was available .. and also can't connect to the server with either Chrome or IE to play again frown

Oh technology .. you've got to love it when it is not working

wave

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/28/13 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
Supposedly you can invite a friend to help you solve puzzles

Can't you also invite someone to visit your personal Relto Age? I think I remember sharing Relto Ages with my sister, listening to each other's personalized music on that little music stand gadget. Right?
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/29/13 04:42 PM

Myst Online Uru was my first online gaming experience. Haven't played another since-because there are NO other online games where there is not lots of action required or 50 million objects to pick up, etc.
I found the experience-thanks to the 'Boomers here to be enjoyable-however, since I Really suck at jumping I wish there'd been a way for someone to do my jumps for me!
It was nice to go to the Gameboomers Neighborood ('Hood) and learn how to do some chatting and also ask for help and also to maybe help someone else! You could 'share' a Book on your bookshelf with someone(once you learned how)and they could come with you to that Age and you could both(or more) explore.(only the things you would do would be saved-not your guests' activities.
One of the reasons I stopped playing was because 2 of the new ages made for the Online were wayyy too difficult for me..can't remember the proper names of them but in one age you were in a thing(I think of it as being like a bathysphere) and you had to be in the right areas within that age and calculate when to be at those areas and get to certain spots in the 'sphere to see things. waaaayyy to complicated and never found out except for one or two things what i was supposed to have seen/done. The other age made for the online took place in a desert and you had to do A LOT of navigation using a compass rose made on top of a roof-. find your way to markers in a sandstorm and also find certain holes/caves-and also find constellations to find things. Just never could get help with all that and it was way, way, over my head. (thinking not having good math skills had quite a bit to do with it!). those were the last Ages that I know of that were done, there was another Book you could go into that age looked jungle like-like in central or south americas..had stone pillars in a grid and you could move them up or down....really didn't understand what that was for -and if it was something to be Solved or what. Also there came to be Politics involved and found that to be a bit confusing-and frankly boring-get enough politics in Real Life. pffuii
Don't know if any new ages have been added since last I was there-about a year ago.
It is really too, too, TOO bad and sad that.

I just had to add that it was a lot of fun interacting with fellow 'boomers or others in the 2 areas (at least) that Did require you to have help...at least that is the way I saw/see it. One area you found a stone with a glyph on it and other you had a spot and a tone. Someone would help organize the group and you had to react and when all did in order an area would open and all could go through!! That was Super! I found the online conversations very interesting and usually quite humerous and at least when/where and with fellow 'boomers Not nasty or hateful as I have seen (from examples) in other games. Oh-there is so much to the game-have only touched on just a few things. lots to it -BUT it needs more Ages (and please, please, not so difficult for us non-geniuses!). Wonderful artwork,and enjoyed the music, found it soothing. Never did solve the age where you were in/out a lot and doing swimming and other things-when you completed it I believe you went to another area(not just got another AgeBook for shelf.
Well, just wanted to say what I could play I very much enjoyed. Enjoyed the companionship of my fellow 'Boomers!
Posted By: Gimli

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/29/13 05:12 PM

Good morning to you all wave

I'am wondering where I can download the URU live online game. There is a website called mystonline.com, but the download doesn't work and they (Cyan) didn't update the website since the year 2009.

Does anybody know how I could download the game? I have Windows 7 and Firefox.

URU and all the Myst games are my favorites. I played all the 5 myst games a few times, but I have Win7 now and I can't get the old games to start on my laptop.

I appreciate any help. Thank you and regards from Switzerland

Evelyne
Posted By: traveler

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/29/13 05:39 PM

Here you go, Gimli, Uru Live

Gil.
Posted By: auntiegram

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/29/13 05:40 PM

I might just have to check this out. I loved URU the Complete Chronicles!!!! think Wonder if it will play on this computer.

lol Jenny100 that IS a hard spot in the game. Took me like forever to get those boxes right so I could cross the water.

wave
Nan

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/29/13 09:22 PM

I enjoyed Uru live... and yes as previously stated you can have someone join you in an adventure... you can go with a group.. and if you needed help it seemed like dadguy was always around to help you out. I still go back every now and then and go to the pier... meet people and try to climb the tent
:-)

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/30/13 02:29 PM

Thanks traveler for the link. I downloaded from your link and it says it installed URU live, but every time I want to start playing system says: "The Server under dl.mmosite.com couldn't be found". Do you know what problems that is?

Thanks from Evelyne
Posted By: traveler

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/30/13 04:43 PM

Oh, gosh, no, Gimli. I just hunted until I found a link that actually worked and started a download of the setup. Maybe this should move to Glitches unless someone who's playing Uru Live and is connected to the game can help figure it out.

Darn. frown

Gil.

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/30/13 05:29 PM

Hi again traveler and everybody

I had help from a German friend and now I downloaded URU live again (took me 1 hour this time, 1.1 Giga). This is the link:

http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/51700

(scroll down a bit)

Problem is: after I downloaded and installed and everything, I got a window telling me to create an account, BUT the account creater is down for over a week now, see forum here:

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26454.

All we URU live-newbies can do now is waiting till the account creater is fixed. I hope this helps also other want-to-be-players.

Greetings from Switzerland

Evelyne
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/30/13 05:36 PM

To Lanlynk and Kaki's Sister--

I'm so sorry about the losses of your sisters! My heart goes out to you both. I have a little sister who is 26 (I'm 43) and given the age difference she's more like my own kid than a sister, but I love her dearly and can't imagine if something happened to her. frown

I'm so sorry!

Big hugs to you both,
Tracy

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 04/30/13 07:38 PM

I still have my Uru Live user name, PW, and 1st Explorer name. The Myst forum says I should be able to log on since I know my info even with the account creation site down. Hope so. It's been Ages (no pun intended!) since I logged in. Problem for me now is that I'm in the middle of downloading LA Noire from Steam. It's taking forever! So downloading the Myst client will have to wait another day. frown

Also, here's a webpage I found that looks like it has some useful info. Last updated 2010 though.

Uru Online Newcomer Guide

Originally Posted By: Tracy
To Lanlynk and Kaki's Sister--

I'm so sorry about the losses of your sisters! ... Big hugs to you both,
Tracy

Thank you Tracy. My sister was two years younger than me. Growing up, there was only the two of us, so we were close. I'm older than you, so my grown sons were amazed when Sis and I started gaming together in our "advanced years." smile

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 05/01/13 09:50 AM

Thank you lanlynk for the URU infos.
Yes it is right that you can go into URU live again if/when you still know your password. It's only a problem for the newcomers (no account yet) and for the ones who forgot the password.

My condolences for the loss of your sister! I will pray for her.

Evelyne

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 05/01/13 09:23 PM

You're very kind, Evelyne. Thank you.

Hope the Myst server gets fixed soon--now that several people are wanting to try it out. Isn't that just the way it goes? <shakes head>

Re: Myst Online - Uru Live - 05/05/13 11:00 AM

Thanks Tracy for your kind thoughts. A day does not pass without missing my dear sister Lucy.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community