GB HOMEPAGE

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released - 04/30/13 04:06 PM

Crimes & Punishments: a change of engine showed in screenshots and video

You can view the new tech video Here.

Visit the Official website here.

You can view the Screenshots here.

Quote:
With the Testament of Sherlock Holmes, the series of video games dedicated to the famous detective marked a notable step in its history by dropping the traditional PC adventure games' gameplay in favor of a real investigation experience on consoles and PC.

With Crimes & Punishments, the series will mark a new milestone, as the development studio Frogwares will give up its home-made engine in order to switch to the well-known Unreal Engine 3 from Epic.
This choice will first allow the game to benefit from bigger environments that are more gorgeous and more varied, all while offering an incredible level of detail: dynamic lighting, shaders, post-processing effects, animations... the game is an all-around winner, as illustrated in the very first presentation video of the new engine of Sherlock Holmes' latest game, which we're sending you today.

This new engine not only benefits the game's graphics: it also allows the development of new investigation mechanics that the previous engine's limitations did not permit. These new mechanics give the player the feeling that they ARE Sherlock Holmes, and enable them to fully use the incredible talents and gifts known to all fans, such as his skill to guess many details about someone's life simply by glancing at them - or to imagine and reconstruct the course of event by carefully observing all the key details of a crime scene.

Crimes & Punishments will begin showcasing these unique features in the coming weeks through videos and presentations of the game. Crimes & Punishments will also be presented in more detail at E3 2013.

Happy Gaming,

Ana wave

Posted By: Rushes

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released - 04/30/13 04:14 PM

Very beautiful.

I'm buying Holmes a comb for Christmas, so he can tidy up those stray wisps from his forehead. wink
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released - 04/30/13 06:13 PM

It's starting to look like a game that is going to need a lot more Ooomph than my laptop will be able to manage. I'm getting the dread feeling that I wont be able to play this:-(
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released - 04/30/13 07:15 PM

Thanks Ana wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released - 04/30/13 08:54 PM

What a splendid Tech Demo !! grin Thanks for the link, BrownEyedTigre happydance
Posted By: GBC

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released - 05/01/13 12:38 AM

Thanks Ana, woot
Posted By: Marian

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released - 05/01/13 12:55 AM

Looking good! smile
Posted By: rockingrjranch

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released - 05/01/13 12:58 AM

This looks so AWESOME! happydance
Posted By: blackbird

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released - 05/01/13 05:59 AM

Originally Posted By: mj2c
It's starting to look like a game that is going to need a lot more Ooomph than my laptop will be able to manage. I'm getting the dread feeling that I wont be able to play this:-(

I don't think my Desktop with Windows XP and 8yo graphics card will have enough oomph either. I have all the SH games and will be disappointed if I can't play this new one.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released - 05/01/13 10:42 AM

Ana that was impressive! It looks really good! Thanks for the update.
Posted By: venus

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released - 05/01/13 02:42 PM

Beautiful! I have a pretty good graphics card and can run pretty much all adventure games at full resolution, but between this and Dreamfall Chapters, I may finally need to get an upgrade. lol

Thanks for the info, Ana. Looking forward to the game. thumbsup
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released - 05/05/13 05:30 AM

Really looks impressive, I am truly excited about this game! happydance
Posted By: marie

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released - 05/05/13 10:22 PM

Very nice Tech Demo, looking forward to the finished game. rah
Posted By: Creeping_Doom

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released - 05/05/13 10:59 PM

Any forthcoming information concerning minimum system requirements ? I have attempted , several times actually , to access the official web site , but I can not get past the age verification step .
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released - 05/05/13 11:25 PM

Here are the specs for Unreal Engine 3 to give you an idea.
Posted By: Disney

Re: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - New Tech Video Released - 05/21/13 08:06 PM

Thanks for screenshots, can't wait for game to be released. urock
© 2024 GameBoomers Community