GB HOMEPAGE

More Details Revealed about The Realm - GamePlay Video Added

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

More Details Revealed about The Realm - GamePlay Video Added - 04/30/13 07:17 PM

Atomhawk Design and Lantern Interactive have released new details of The Realm, their stunning new graphical adventure game currently seeking funding through crowd funding site Kickstarter: http://kck.st/11vGqef

Updated 5/8/13 New Video added here.

UPDATE - You can view the Gameplay Video here.

You can view the Screenshots here.

You can view the official website here.

Quote:
The Soundtrack

A rare interview with Richard Jacques, the award winning composer behind the soundtracks of Little Big Planet 2, Mass Effect and James Bond 007 : Blood Stone, has been released.

Richard, who is writing the score for The Realm, tells how the game "enables me to create a lavish orchestral score but with parts where it will be quite minimalistic". He describes the score as "something different that people won't have heard from me… something I've wanted to do for years and years".

The full interview can be viewed at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Psbk-XGOI

Richard Jacques has also composed the soundtrack to The Realm trailer available as a free download from his sound cloud page: https://soundcloud.com/richardjacques/the-realm-trailer

Details on building the game

The team has also released a video featuring Tom Szirtes, the project’s Technical Director, showing how they are going to build the environments using a 'stage set'. This visual technique will allow the game to maintain a hand-drawn art style whilst still maintaining the benefits of 3D animation.

To find out more, access the interview at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq0QLDTrR-w

Previously unseen images from the concept art for this beautiful game are now available (attached)

About the Realm

The Realm is set in the far distant future, when the world has been reclaimed by nature.
Once proud cities now lay abandoned – overgrown with strange plants and twisted vines. Magic and mysticism has returned to earth and there are strange creatures lurking in the forests.

The story follows a young girl called Sarina, who embarks on an epic quest to save her dying mother. On the way she befriends Toru, a giant stone golem - the unlikely couple go on a treacherous adventure together, across wild and beautiful lands.

In The Realm, the player controls both heroes – Sarina and Toru. To complete the adventure you must learn to utilize the unique abilities of both characters to solve the many puzzles and overcome the threats that dwell in The Realm. The game will be released on Windows, Mac and Linux and later iPad.

The Realm was born out of a partnership between Ron Ashtiani (Atomhawk’s Creative Director) and a former colleague, Tom Szirtes (Lantern Interactive’s Director). Ron and Tom previously worked together, many years ago, on best selling, horror-survival game, The Thing. Music will be provided by award winning composer, Richard Jacques, with Andrew Curtis (Killzone, Start the Party; Save the World) leading the game design.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: More Details Revealed about The Realm - 04/30/13 07:19 PM

Thanks, Ana.

I like the "gentle giant".
Posted By: Mad

Re: More Details Revealed about The Realm - 04/30/13 08:35 PM

Thanks again for all the info you give us, BrownEyedTigre, tomato
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: More Details Revealed about The Realm - 05/01/13 10:51 AM

Nice Ana! Thanks for the info!
Posted By: venus

Re: More Details Revealed about The Realm - 05/01/13 02:45 PM

Thanks for the info, Ana! I really hope they make their goal, as the game looks fantastic. I think I will pledge in a couple weeks when I'm certain I'm going to have something to contribute. It will be the minimum (Villager), unfortunately, but every little bit helps. smile
Posted By: Haroula

Re: More Details Revealed about The Realm - 05/01/13 08:12 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave

Re: More Details Revealed about The Realm - 05/03/13 03:55 PM

Added a gameplay video to the original post, Looks awesome!

Ana wave

Re: More Details Revealed about The Realm - 05/03/13 06:28 PM

Wow !! I so agree !! broccoli Thanks for those links, BrownEyedTigre grin
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: More Details Revealed about The Realm - 05/04/13 10:46 AM

Ana the video was excellent! Thanks!

Re: More Details Revealed about The Realm - 05/08/13 10:05 PM

Added another new video in the first post.

Ana wave

Re: More Details Revealed about The Realm - 05/09/13 12:31 AM

thanks BrownEyedTigre happydance
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: More Details Revealed about The Realm - GamePlay Video Added - 05/11/13 05:45 PM

WOW
This looks like a beautiful game. It dosen't look like they will make their goal though. cry
© 2024 GameBoomers Community