GB HOMEPAGE

Memento Mori and Viva-Media

Posted By: sanford

Memento Mori and Viva-Media - 05/06/13 02:17 AM

Hi fellow Boomers,
A few days ago, I went to the Viva-Media site and purchased the download of "Memento Mori".At that time their AD for this game was on the top of this Forum Page. I completed the purchase, downloaded the game from their site and then installed it. So far, So good. When I tried to start the game I was given a request for an "Activation Key".
The problem is that I never received the Confirmation Of Purchase E-Mail that they were supposed to send to my E-Mail. I waited a day, and sill hadn't received it, so I went to the Viva-Media website, logged in (I'm a registered member of the site), and sent them a "Support Ticket" explaining my problem. Another day has gone by and I have not received the Confirmation NOR the answer to my "support ticket". I am unable to start my newly purchased game until I DO get the "Confirmation" e-mail. I have bought quite a few games from Viva-Media in the past without incident.
Do any of you Boomers have any "clout" with Viva-Media, and if SO, can Viva Media be reached, and my problem forwarded to someone there? I would really appreciate it.
Sandy
Posted By: MaG

Re: Memento Mori and Viva-Media - 05/06/13 02:22 AM

Sandy,
Since you bought the game, you had to register and enter you information.
You can now check your account there and see all your purchases.

As Butcher stated: Go to the viva media website and in your account look for the My Downloadable Products, there should be a key on the far right

Also be sure to check your spam folder.

Re: Memento Mori and Viva-Media - 05/06/13 02:32 AM

Hi Mag,
I did check my spam folder, and it wasn't there, but NOW I will go to the Viva-Media site and "search' for that key. I'll let you know how I made out. Thanks so much,
Sandy

MAG, you were SO right about that. The key was right where you said it would be. I guess I was "assuming" that they were sending it to my e-mail. as they said they WOULD "If I needed it". I'll know better the next time. Thank you SO,SO much for your suggestion.
Sandy

Re: Memento Mori and Viva-Media - 05/06/13 03:57 AM

Sandy,

You do get an e-mail notification.
But you also have your purchases with the key stored in your account info. That allows for future downloads.

Glad your now ready to play.

Re: Memento Mori and Viva-Media - 05/08/13 02:21 AM

MAG, just as a side-note, the game is running just fine, but as yet I have never received the e-mail notification letter from Viva-Media.
No Big Deal! Happy Gaming.
Sabdy

Re: Memento Mori and Viva-Media - 05/08/13 02:54 AM

Great Sandy. Have fun with the game. The e-mail is automatically sent - it might have been hiccup in the e-mail system.
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Memento Mori and Viva-Media - 05/08/13 10:52 AM

I didn't receive an e-mail either, I just logged in the website and the key was there.

Spyros

Re: Memento Mori and Viva-Media - 05/08/13 11:41 PM

Thanks, Butcher. At least I know that I am not the only one.
Sandy
Posted By: lakerz

Re: Memento Mori and Viva-Media - 05/13/13 03:40 AM

I have a different issue with Viva-Media involving this same sale that ended Apri 30th or so. I wanted to buy both So Blonde and Memento Mori download version. However, every time I tried to finalize the purchase I got some strange paypal gateway error message and no sale. This happened whether I attempted to pay via credit card or paypal.

I opened up a trouble ticket about this but never heard back from them or received an email, etc. No big deal I thought since I already had boxed copies of the games. I just thought it would be convenient to have the download copies also since the prices were so inexpensive.

Fast foward to a few days back when I check my credit card summary for the month, and whoah...there is a charge on April 26th for Viva Media which matches the amount for the two games. I checked my account and the games were not listed there. I opened another trouble ticket request and no response from Viva Media and no email with the ticket #. At this point, I'm starting to wonder what is up with Viva. I guess I'll give it to the end of this week and then just dispute the charge with American Express since Viva has become impossible to reach.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community