GB HOMEPAGE

Ghost of Thornton Hall

Posted By: Melia

Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/10/13 03:46 AM

Is it just me or does anyone else get tired of the ghost story games the Nancy Drew crew have been dishing out lately? I bought the game because it's a Nancy Drew game but I'm already tired of the weird singing, the VERY dark scenes that even the brightest setting on my monitor doesn't help, and the overall mood of the game, the tiresome graveyard. Reminds me too much of the one where she was in New Orleans. I didn't like that one either.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/10/13 04:55 AM

I like ghost stories so it doesn't bother me any. Playing a Nancy Drew is like meeting an old friend to me. I find the sameness comfortable.

Ana wave
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/10/13 11:06 PM

Melia I so agree with you I cant spot a darn thing with my eyesight and "Not" wanting to play around with my brightness on my computer because Im so bad at trying to fix-it I dont like this Darkness eighter ... I dont mind dark but comon its bad even certain is hard to find ... If I remember correctly its for 10 year olds and up well my nephews son could not find a darn thing eighter lolol tryin doing tis at 65 not pretty! wave

Bets I love Nancy Drew also and she is my friend too smile wave take care Ana

Re: Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/10/13 11:58 PM

Yes, the dark is annoying. I'm having a hard time with my 65 year old eyes, too. Oh, just thought of another thing that annoys (and then I'll stop my rant :)) I'm in Texas. Have relatives in Louisiana....and have never heard such bad Southern drawls as I have from the New Orleans Nancy Drew game and this one.

OK. Rant over.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 12:10 AM

I raised my video card brightness to 75 and closed all curtains. That is how I played the game. laugh
Posted By: kjos

Re: Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 12:42 AM

I did the same thing MaG.Sure makes a difference.
See real good now.
Richard
Posted By: Marian

Re: Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 12:58 AM

I also brightened up my monitor and closed the curtains. smile
Posted By: dorish

Re: Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 12:59 PM

If I turn off the light in my computer room in the basement, I can't read the walkthrough. LOL!

Doreen
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 02:09 PM

darned if ya do and darned if you dont ... tomato lolol
Posted By: kjos

Re: Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 04:42 PM

Doreen,just put your WT in another room that's lighted and keep running back and fourth.
Richard

Re: Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/11/13 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: kjos
Doreen,just put your WT in another room that's lighted and keep running back and fourth.
Richard

lol
Posted By: dorish

Re: Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/12/13 01:16 PM

I know I need exercise Richard, but not THAT much.

Doreen
Posted By: SuMac

Re: Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/19/13 12:57 PM

I just found the game yesterday at Target and have only played it for a little while. But I have to agree - it is VERY dark, and if it weren't for the walkthrough, I wouldn't have found half the things I'm supposed to. I haven't tried brightening my monitor yet, but I may have to do that this afternoon. So far I'm not thrilled with the game - I really loved the last two - The Lost Queen and the Deadly Device.
Posted By: lanlynk

Re: Ghost of Thornton Hall - 05/19/13 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: dorish
If I turn off the light in my computer room in the basement, I can't read the walkthrough. LOL!

You can always use a flashlight. Then you'd really feel like Nancy Drew. lol

Or how 'bout a candle ... now that would be very ghost-like and creepy. eek
© 2024 GameBoomers Community