GB HOMEPAGE

Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS**

Posted By: GreyFuss

Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 05/14/13 02:47 AM

Have you not played the Cult Classic DarkStar yet? Have you been waiting for the price to come down? Well wait no more. You can now get DarkStar directly from the developer, J. Allen Williams, for a mere $7.95. No..that is not $7.95 for a measly download, No Way,...that is $7.95 for an actual, real honest to goodness 2 DVD disk boxed game release to add to your collection.

But GreyFuss, I have already played DarkStar or first person perspective games aren’t my style. Then what you may want to look at is, DarkStar: The Motion Picture available for $7.95 also. This is a full length, 90 minute, Motion Picture created and edited from the hours of cut scenes from the game and edited into a Hollywood production. This is not a video walkthrough of the game like seen on Youtube but a real movie. Check it out.

There are also many other items all reduced to below cost at the DarkStar Store. T Shirts, memorabilia, signed photos etc.

Wont you help out one of the most passionate and charismatic Indie developers who endured lies and broken promises in his 10 year quest to complete this very large and ambitious project. He knows he is not going to make any profit from what the game cost him to develop and he really isn’t that interested in it. What he is interested in is reducing the stock he has by offering them to you for less than it cost to make.

dance BREAKING NEWS dance

yay yay **EXCLUSIVE BONUS OFFER for Game Boomers from J. Allen Williams** yay yay
Quote:
FREE with a purchase of any item from the DarkStar Store. Email us through the store site http://www.darkstarstore.com/contact with a note giving us your order number and email address and we will send you a set of 8 HD computer desktop Images and both versions of the DarkStar Strategy Guide (one is full color and illustrated, the other is b/w printer-friendly). What do you think of that??

DarkStar Game or Movie
DarkStar T Shirts
DarkStar Memorabilia
DarkStar Literature

Posted By: Marian

Re: Get DarkStar and More for Below Cost - 05/14/13 02:58 AM

Thank you for letting us know, GreyFuss. wave

Re: Get DarkStar and More for Below Cost - 05/14/13 08:07 PM

dance BREAKING NEWS dance

yay yay **EXCLUSIVE BONUS OFFER for Game Boomers from J. Allen Williams** yay yay
Quote:
FREE with a purchase of any item from the DarkStar Store. Email us through the store site http://www.darkstarstore.com/contact with a note giving us your order number and email address and we will send you a set of 8 HD computer desktop Images and both versions of the DarkStar Strategy Guide (one is full color and illustrated, the other is b/w printer-friendly). What do you think of that??
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Get DarkStar and More for Below Cost - 05/14/13 08:51 PM

Thanks Greyfuss!
Posted By: MaG

Re: Get DarkStar and More for Below Cost - 05/15/13 01:41 AM

That's so nice of J. Allen Williams!

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 05/20/13 12:24 AM

Fantastic

I just received my DarkStar, Limited Edition, signed, Black Box and I love it. Especially the signed 8x10 glossy’s of the cast. Mmmmm Beez McKeever. hearts Very professionally done, I am impressed. I also love the full Soundtrack.

A couple of things I would like to point out for those who have ordered the Black Box or are thinking about ordering...the 2 Cd Soundtrack set is located inside the German Edition of DarkStar. The Disks are in English.

It should also be noted that the German Version: Lace Mamba Global only produced the packaging and booklet of the German version of DarkStar in German. The game itself is in English with no subtitles. So you really have 2 copies of the game inside the Black Box.

I can only imagine how much DarkStar could have generated with all these goodies if Kickstarter would have been around back then.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 05/20/13 12:40 AM

Thanks Greyfuss, I have the black box from when it first came out. It's a nice package.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 05/20/13 02:28 AM

When I go to the link...I see the movie for $7....But the game for $49....I'm confused......(I know this is easily done)

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 05/20/13 02:55 AM

Are you clicking this link? I see the game, the movie and the Black Box

DarkStar Game or Movie

Better yet, if its just the game you are looking for click this link DarkStar Game
Posted By: DaveHT

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 05/20/13 01:29 PM

That is a nice deal.

For that price, it is a no-brainer purchase just to keep it for a collection.

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 05/21/13 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Winfrey
When I go to the link...I see the movie for $7....But the game for $49....I'm confused......(I know this is easily done)

Winfrey

Did you manage to find the right page?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 05/21/13 07:44 PM

Winfrey,
What I see is the movie and the game for $7.95 and the "Black Box" edition for $49.95.

The name of the game is "Darkstar: The Interactive Movie." This is NOT the movie.

The name of the movie is "Darkstar: The Motion Picture."

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 05/21/13 08:50 PM

GreyFuss...yes thank you. and thanks for the explaination Jenny100

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 06/03/13 02:50 PM

Ok, just ordered my game :-)

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 06/03/13 04:00 PM

thumbsup
Originally Posted By: Winfrey
Ok, just ordered my game :-)
bravo
Posted By: GBC

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 06/04/13 12:13 AM

GreyFuss, Is this playable on Windows 8 ?

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 06/04/13 01:15 AM

I am not sure GBC. Windows 8 was released after DarkStar released. If I had a Windows 8 machine I would try it but I don't. The specs upon release was...

Minimum System Requirements:

PC System Requirements:
Operating System: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
Processor: 2 Ghz Intel or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 14 GB
DirectX 9 Compatible video and sound card

Macintosh System Requirements:
Operating System: OS X 10.3.9 or higher
Processor: Intel 1.8 Ghz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 14 GB

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 06/04/13 02:19 AM

Thanks GreyFuss
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 06/04/13 12:24 PM

Greyfuss, this game looks great. I would love to get it. Are there English subtitles on the English version of the game?

I looked at the YouTube trailer and the actor's voice seemed to dip at times. I found it a little difficult to hear fully what was said. Probably me. Hearing is becoming problematic sometimes.

Sharon

I just ordered the game. happydance

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 06/04/13 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: SharonB
Greyfuss, this game looks great. I would love to get it. Are there English subtitles on the English version of the game?

I looked at the YouTube trailer and the actor's voice seemed to dip at times. I found it a little difficult to hear fully what was said. Probably me. Hearing is becoming problematic sometimes.

Sharon

I just ordered the game. happydance

Excellent thumbsup

I Installed DarkStar to see if I could answer your question about subtitles. Since I don't use them I wasn't sure. I didn't see anything about subtitles in the Setup of the game but you can adjust the sound for Dialog, Music and Special Effects. Hope this helps. I don't recall having any problems with the dialog dipping when I played the game.
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 06/08/13 10:18 PM

Thanks Greyfuss. smile
Shipping costs are kind of high and I already own the game but hey, a 100 only signed and numbered limited edition is totally worth it. Ordered.

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 06/08/13 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: PolloDiablo
Thanks Greyfuss. smile
Shipping costs are kind of high and I already own the game but hey, a 100 only signed and numbered limited edition is totally worth it. Ordered.

Way to go PolloDiablo its a very nice collectors package and I love the 2 CD set of the soundtrack. thumbsup
Posted By: PolloDiablo

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 07/11/13 09:25 AM

Got mine today (it was intercepted by customs and I had to pay extra VAT & stuff smirk )
It sure is a nice package! A bit scratched and dented from handling by customs (I don't think they understand the concept of limited collector's edition) but at least they didn't open the sealed envelopes, just the big black box itself.

It is numbered 35/100 so there should still be a few left for eager collectors. smile

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 07/15/13 04:34 PM

Got my copy today. If anyone is interested the game plays well on Windows 8.

Re: Get DarkStar & More for Below Cost **PLUS BONUS OFFER for GB MEMBERS** - 07/15/13 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: GBC
Got my copy today. If anyone is interested the game plays well on Windows 8.

thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community