GB HOMEPAGE

Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon"

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/05/13 05:54 PM

You can view the final trailer before release here.

The game is set to release on June 19th on PC/Mac, iOS and Android under Microids label (Anuman Interactive).

You can view the screens here.

The Official website can be accessed here.

Quote:

Dracula 4 synopsis in few words :
A few months after the shipwreck of a freighter that carries an important art collection meant for the Metropolitan Museum, one of the masterpieces is found in Hungary. Assigned by the museum to authenticate it, Ellen Cross, an art restorer, does not suspect that this mission is about to take her throughout Europe, on the steps of Valachi’s famous prince, Vlad Tepes.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/05/13 06:00 PM

Fantastic news Sheriff

I certainly like this way of releasing games soon after announcing they are making it. Far better than going through years of anticipation. I am very anxious for this but I can not find whether it will release on disk or just download.

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/05/13 06:18 PM

I will get an answer for you Greyfuss, stay tuned.

Ana wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/05/13 07:52 PM

Thanks Ana smile wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/05/13 07:56 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/05/13 09:41 PM

Great news thank you, BrownEyedTigre, and I too am keen to hear if a disk version will be available laugh
Posted By: Trisha

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/05/13 11:06 PM

Awesome news Ana I am very excited to hear
this news. I am ready for a good adventure
like this!!! happydance
Posted By: Terri824

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/06/13 12:31 AM

Thanks Ana. That really looks good. Love the graphics!
Terri penguin
Posted By: Antoinetta

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/06/13 12:52 AM

Just saw the trailer, definitely want this game. Like others have noted I hope this comes on a disk.

It seems that whenever there is an announcement of an upcoming game there are several comments of this nature. For me, a "download" is just too intangible a medium to preserve a game I may want to replay years into the future, on machines that as yet don't exist. I still play older games such as Amerzone, the first two Draculas, and quite a few others that are over ten years old. (Still can’t gat Gabriel Knight III running on Windows 7, alas!) Unfortunately, I have no confidence in the likelihood of maintaining possession of that ephemeral download link for anywhere near ten years. And if the download site goes out of business or gets hacked and trashed (a real possibility at some point over a ten year span), I’m out of luck.

It would also seem to me that good games could go completely extinct in this way. A game is created and sold only via download. A few years later the downloading site goes defunct. The game author has gone on to other projects. No disks exist, and as computers are replaced, crash or whatever, the extant games will eventually just die out, and there will be no master copy to replace them.

I can’t imagine that it would cost that much to print up a hundred or so disks, and sell them, say at a $5 or $10 premium to those of us that have avoided buying downloaded games. From the comments like those above, it would seem that there is a sufficient market-share that would make this viable.

Any thoughts?

Antoinetta
Posted By: traveler

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/06/13 01:51 AM

You don't have to depend on the download site, Antoinetta, depending on who you buy the game from. You can burn the files to disk if they're not encumbered by DRM and all you're missing is a printed label.

All of my games from GOG are sitting on my shelf at home as well as on my shelf at GOG. If I had a printer, I could even print a jewelcase label for many of them, thanks to someone on the GOG forums.

Gil.

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/06/13 02:25 AM

Antoinetta, I understand your concern and there are many threads here you can search through on download vs. retail. I would appreciate leaving this thread for comments on Dracula game and not a discussion on download thoughts.

Ana thanks
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/06/13 09:43 AM

Great trailer on the game Ana. Thanks! wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/06/13 01:07 PM

Fabulous trailer. Thanks Ana, looking forward to this game. woot
Posted By: k28d13j11

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/07/13 02:55 PM

I have a question. I went to their web-site and they really don't have one yet. how and where are we able to buy this game.and do you know how much will the game be.
thank you.
kathy

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/07/13 03:13 PM

It will be download and retail and the price and availability will be announced when they let us know.

Ana wave
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/07/13 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
It will be download only and the price and availability will be announced when they let us know.

Ana wave

Thanks for this info Sheriff
It would probably be to much to ask of them to make it DRM free. Looking forward to the release.
Posted By: k28d13j11

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/07/13 03:55 PM

Hello,
thank you for the info.
kathy

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/07/13 04:21 PM

I take it back Greyfuss, I just got a response letting me know it will indeed be available in retail version also. The retail outlets will be varied depending on country so stay tuned on where.

Let me check on the DRM.

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/09/13 12:27 AM

Thank you for your investigating, BrownEyedTigre thumbsup
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/09/13 03:49 PM

I have never played the dracula series. Im a bit confused on what would be dracula 1-3?

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/09/13 04:27 PM

CountZero, the games are Dracula Resurrection, Dracula 2 The Last Sanctuary and Dracula 3 The Path of the Dragon. All excellent games!

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/09/13 05:08 PM

CountZero,

It's not really a series. The games are made by different developers. Canal+ Multimedia developed the first two, which are in sequence and really should be considered one game: Dracula: Resurrection and The Last Sanctuary. In these two, you follow Jonathon Harker as he attempts to rescue his Mina from the clutches of the count. They are terrific and the graphics are still astonishing, IMO, especially in the cut scenes. Some of the puzzles were taxing (at least for me) but not enough to make you want to bite somebody yourself, and all fit perfectly in advancing the game.

The third game is by Kheops. Dracula 3: Path of the Dragon, follows Father Arno as he hunts down Dracula. It is the driest (in my opinion dreary), has a very different Dracula who appears very late in the game, and is my least favorite of the three.

Frogwares created a game called Dracula: Origin in which you follow Professor van Helsing as he chases Dracula through a cemetery in London, then to a strange monastery in Vienna, the sands of Egypt and last to his castle in Transylvania. This is a wonderful game, right up there with the first two but different in look and feel from Resurrection and Sanctuary, in which a sly (sometimes too obvious) sense of humor peeps through, though Dracula has a bit part in this one, too. Another game with beautiful graphics if you care about such things.

Frogwares made a follow-up casual game called Love Kills, available from Big Fish, that oddly shares the box art from the European version of Origin but is in no way to be compared to the adventure game of that name. It's pretty but not nearly on a par with it.

There are reviews of Dracula 3 and Origin here on GB in GB Reviews and some discussion of the first two in the Member Reviews from the forum. Go read and salivate if you're a Dracula fan and haven't played them. grin

Gil.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/09/13 05:27 PM

Hi,

One can say that the brains that developed these games worked together. So they can be called a series.
Canal+ Multimedia collaborated a lot with Cryo Interactive.
Cryo Interactive people spread out to other companies when the company was bought by Dreamcatcher.
Benoit Hozjan is-was the brain of Kheops and was formerly with Cryo.

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/09/13 05:59 PM

Oh, absolutely. We sure consider them a series whoever made them. smile

The funny thing is, and I'm not sure why, Resurrection and Sanctuary always have a feeling of Microids about them for me. I think it may be the somewhat burlesque characters like the innkeeper and Dracula's henchmen that I associate with Benoit Sokal.

Gil.

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/09/13 06:02 PM

Gil,

The brains worked and collaborated together from the start with these games. The games are their babies.
Publishers just tag their names on the creations of these people.

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/09/13 07:09 PM

You got that right MaG!

Ana wave

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/09/13 08:29 PM

Nonetheless, you have to admit there are distinct differences in these games. Collaboration doesn't equate to similar experiences in all of them. We'll see how closely 4 follows 3.

Gil.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/09/13 08:49 PM

I'm pretty much in agreement with traveler on this. Loved Resurrection and Last Sanctuary; didn't care much at all for Path of the Dragon.

Origin was okay, not all that though. If this new one is available on a disc I will buy it but it doesn't look that good to me so far.

Edited to add a missed word.
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/10/13 12:41 AM

Thanks everyone for their input. I want to start with the first game whether its a series or not.....

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/10/13 04:08 AM

Well, as always, a matter of personal preference enters into it laugh

I really liked No.1 Resurrection and No.2 Last Sanctuary AND No.3 Path of the Dragon - and I certainly considered them to be a series yes

And I did also play Origin - but it wasn't as much to my taste and I didn't enjoy it as much.

And that's how it goes !! lol
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/10/13 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: traveler

The funny thing is, and I'm not sure why, Resurrection and Sanctuary always have a feeling of Microids about them for me. I think it may be the somewhat burlesque characters like the innkeeper and Dracula's henchmen that I associate with Benoit Sokal.
Gil.

Hi traveler, I understand your feeling on Dracula 3 - it certainly doesn't have the same atmosphere as the 1st two games but there has been a long time gap between them & Dracula 3 & in the meantime 'graphics' have advanced which I think is a big contributor to the different feel. I would have preferred a 3rd game that more closely continued that but still consider the 3 games a series & am very much looking forward to the 4th!

I enjoyed Dracula Origin & thought it was a very good game but much preferred Path of the Dragon!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/11/13 02:39 PM

I liked Dracula Resurrection. I didn't care for Last Sanctuary so much because I thought the game areas were less interesting. Also Last Sanctuary had all those timed sequences (I got tired of drowning in sewage because I couldn't tell which way was up with that game interface).

I also liked Dracula Resurrection better than Dracula 3: Path of the Dragon. Path of the Dragon almost seems like a different series because of the difference in Dracula. Also, the environments in the first two games may not have been exactly cheery, but the 3rd one was downright oppressive, with a sense of impending doom that never let up.

I liked Dracula Origin a lot more than I expected to. It's sort of "apples and oranges" to compare it with the other 3 Dracula games. Dracula Origin was 3rd person, had a lot more puzzles and Dracula is handsome instead of monstrous in appearance. It's sequel, the casual game Love Kills, was a humorous game that was almost a complete opposite of "Path of the Dragon." If I were to replay any of them, I'd probably choose Dracula Origin.

The new Dracula 4 looks to me like it will have more in common with Dracula 3 than with any of the other games. But the story may be more interesting, so we'll see.

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/12/13 09:03 AM

I quite enjoyed "Love Kills" - although, for me, it was totally non scary !! lol
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/12/13 10:50 PM

I doubt it was intended to be scary. Not with lines like Igor had.

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/13/13 12:54 AM

lol lol lol
Posted By: Veggiechiliqueen

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/16/13 08:37 PM

I only just discovered that there is to be a Dracula 4, and have been going in circles trying to find out how to order it. No luck on Amazon; I found one website that allows you to preorder it for Mac, but no luck for PC. I hope that there will be a retail version in the US, but since the release date is mere days away, I would have expected online retailers to have a preorder page up and running.

I'm with many of the others here; I enjoyed Dracula: Origin (I haven't played the sequel, as I loathe hidden object games) and thought Dracula 3 was okay (the graphics and ambiance of rural Romania was good, the gameplay / plot, not so much). Ellen from Dracula 4 reminds me of Victoria McPherson from Still Life; the gameplay looked like Dracula: Origin.

All in all, I can't wait to get my hands on Dracula 4 this week!
Posted By: oldman

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/16/13 09:09 PM

Since the release date is a few days off I did a little checking to see where I could buy it and the only place I've found so far that has it listed for purchase on 19 June is Zodiac.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/16/13 09:19 PM

Adventure Shop has it for download.
Richard

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/16/13 09:38 PM

Thanks Richard.
It's preorder for release on 6-18.

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/16/13 10:57 PM

On my preorder from Adventure shop it says 6/19 12:01 AM British Time MaG.
Richard

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/16/13 11:06 PM

Ah. I looked at the game page at Adventure Shop only. I didn't preorder. Must be time differences for the order locations-IP.
Posted By: gameho

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/17/13 06:56 AM

Is Dracula Origin part of the "Dracula" Series that includes Resurrection, Last Sanctuary and Path of the Dragon?

Thanks,

gameho

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/17/13 08:17 AM

There's a discussion of that here, gameho.

Gil.

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/18/13 11:24 PM

Just started to download Dracula 4 now from Adventure Shop.
Richard

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/18/13 11:25 PM

Oh Good - now you can help at Hints forum too.
Enjoy the game!

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/18/13 11:34 PM

Will try MaG
1140 MB,
Posted By: dorish

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/19/13 02:45 PM

Does anyone know where to buy a physical copy of the game?

Doreen
Posted By: Marian

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/19/13 02:49 PM

I don't think anyone knows yet, Doreen; stay tuned here for more information. wave
Posted By: dorish

Re: Final Trailer of "Dracula 4 : The Shadow of the Dragon" - 06/19/13 03:02 PM

Thank you Marian, will do.

Doreen
© 2024 GameBoomers Community