GB HOMEPAGE

Downloading games or ...

Posted By: kdj

Downloading games or ... - 06/21/13 01:00 AM

If you buy a game online, and download it, do you download it to a cd? or just to your desk top? or should you just buy it in the box?
Thanks in advance!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Downloading games or ... - 06/21/13 01:18 AM

I just download it to my computer.

Ana wave
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Downloading games or ... - 06/21/13 04:49 AM

I prefer the boxed version of the game.
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Downloading games or ... - 06/21/13 04:54 AM

Just download it. I have found with windows 7 that downloaded games always run better than the cd version, at least for older games...
Posted By: Mad

Re: Downloading games or ... - 06/21/13 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: CountZero
Just download it. I have found with windows 7 that downloaded games always run better than the cd version, at least for older games...

That doesn't go for me. My disk games (older and newer) are behaving well in Win7 happydance
Posted By: Homer6

Re: Downloading games or ... - 06/21/13 10:23 PM

You really can do either of the three in your question.

If you download to your computer you use space on your hard drive to store the download. Where as if you download to a CD/CDRW or DVDRW disk you save space on your hard drive.

And if you can find the game in a box, get it, it will save you download time.

It's really a question of 6 of one kind, half a dozen of another. It's just personal preference.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Downloading games or ... - 06/22/13 01:25 AM

Unless you've got a really really fast Internet connection, you're apt to get a bad burn if you try to download directly to a CD or DVD. It's much better to download all the game files to your hard drive and burn them to CD or DVD later.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community