GB HOMEPAGE

Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 06/27/13 07:18 PM

Collaboration from indie developers Mad Orange and Phoenix Online Studios can be preordered at FaceNoirGame.com\

You can access the demo here.

New Trailer added Here.

View screenshots here.

You can view the trailer here.

Quote:

SAN JOSE, Calif. - June 27, 2013 - Indie adventure game developer Phoenix Online Studios is announcing their next release, Face Noir, is now available for $15.99 preorder from FaceNoirGame.com. A noir mystery game set in New York City during the Great Depression, Face Noir will release for PC download on July 18, 2013. The preorder deal includes a 20% discount over the regular $19.99 price and a free MP3 soundtrack.

A moody tale that combines the intrigue and atmosphere of a Raymond Chandler novel or Humphrey Bogart film with classic point-and-click adventure gameplay, Face Noir follows private eye Jack del Nero as he's falsely accused of murdering the man who left a little girl in his protection. As Jack tries to figure out who she is and clear his name, the disillusioned detective finds himself up against a city infested with corruption and economic uncertainty. And he discovers more about human nature than he ever wanted to know along the way.

Developed by Italian indie studio Mad Orange, Face Noir released in Italy and Germany in 2012. Phoenix Online Studios, the team responsible for episodic adventure games The Silver Lining and Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, teamed up with Mad Orange to provide full English localization as well as additional programming support. Based on player feedback, this new version has had its user interface updated, pixel hunts eliminated, and some puzzles tweaked.

The Face Noir preorder joins several third-party games on Phoenix Online's store as the company pursues its goal of creating a hub for indie adventures. Current offerings include award winner The Cat Lady (Harvester Games), the first installments of the episodic adventures Reperfection (Tinnitus Games) and Shadows of the Vatican (10th Art Studio), and puzzle game Vampires! (CBE Software), along with Phoenix's own games, Cognition and freebie The Silver Lining. Visit http://store.postudios.com for details.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 06/27/13 07:42 PM

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 06/27/13 08:26 PM

Thanks, Ana wave
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 06/27/13 09:16 PM

Thanks Sheriff

Its been a long wait for the English release. I am curious, since the German and Italian versions have been out for quite some time, has anyone read the reviews on the German or Italian web sites?
Posted By: Mad

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 06/28/13 05:02 AM

thanks BrownEyedTigre grin
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 06/28/13 10:06 AM

Looks pretty good Ana.
Posted By: ergggo

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 06/28/13 01:22 PM

GreyFuss, a search on facenoir leads to the German Amazon site...the customer reviews at the bottom of the page average 4.5 out of 5 stars. These can be pasted into a translator site if you're interested in the customers' opinions.

Thanks for the update on this game, Ana.

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 06/28/13 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: ergggo
GreyFuss, a search on facenoir leads to the German Amazon site...the customer reviews at the bottom of the page average 4.5 out of 5 stars. These can be pasted into a translator site if you're interested in the customers' opinions.

Many thanks ergggo smile
Posted By: venus

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 06/29/13 03:37 PM

Thanks for the news, Ana! I plan on getting this one, but may have to hold off for a little while, as I just bought Jack Keane 2 and Deponia 2 (I already have it, but it was on sale, and I wanted the DRM free version) from GOG. Too many games I'm interested in are available at once. lol

Does anyone know if this version is DRM free? If so, I will most likely pick it up with my next paycheck. If not, I will wait and see if GOG gets it. smile
Posted By: sanford

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 06/30/13 02:38 AM

Thanks for this great news, ANA. I played the German demo about a year ago and I loved it. I just pre-ordered the full version.
Sandy
Posted By: marie

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 06/30/13 04:10 PM

Looks like my kind of game. I'm thinking about that savings on the preorder.

Marie happydance
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/02/13 12:00 PM

I was going to ask if there is to be a retail box version released but I guess the download is the wave of the future. I love the price and I am sure I will love the game.
Posted By: bigpsycho

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/02/13 01:08 PM

nice...seems interesting - pre-ordered it smile

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/03/13 09:54 PM

New trailer added in first post.

Ana wave
Posted By: vic

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/05/13 09:06 PM

Yep, I've preordered it also. I really liked the demo and I am looking forward to the full game on the 18th.

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/05/13 09:23 PM

It looks like any German or Italian reviews will not reflect on the reworked English release as they have improved on a great deal of the issues that showed up in the initial release.
HERE is a fine article explaining what to expect in the English release. According to the article the game has been cut in half so, presumably, the release on the 18th is not the full game although I would like someone at Phoenix Online or Mad Orange to respond to that. It does look interesting though and they say that Part 2 will be in full HD which is great because..."GreyFuss has a NEW Computer" dance

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/05/13 09:37 PM

Email sent to clarify if the game was cut or not. Congrats on the new computer! yay

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/05/13 09:42 PM

You are right on the ball Sheriff. I wonder if they can also answer Venus's question above whether the game download is DRM free?

Only had the new computer up and running a couple days now. Would really like a game release to give this new graphics card a work out. Thanks for the congrats.

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/05/13 09:56 PM

I already have an answer. lol (Making up for earlier faux pax grin )

The game is not cut from the German version it was cut from the original design that Mad Orange had envisioned so it will be released as Face Noir (a new and improved full version) and then followed by a sequel.

Now let me check on DRM...

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/05/13 11:56 PM

Thank you Sheriff

Oh and BTW...congratulations........Blackhawks praise bravo thumbsup

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/06/13 02:05 AM

The game will indeed be DRM free! yay

Ana wave

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/06/13 03:06 AM

Is this a Steam download?

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/06/13 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
The game will indeed be DRM free! yay

Ana wave

Faaaan-tastic! Love burning my own disk a creating graphics to print on it bravo

Thanks Sheriff

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/06/13 03:14 AM

Lexxy, the preorder link is in the first post at the Phoenix Online Store and is DRM free. It is not currently available on Steam.

Greyfuss, I am always glad to deliver happy news!

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/06/13 04:24 AM

Just a note:
The Soundtrack can be downloaded now, with your PreOrder

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/06/13 02:41 PM

Thanks for the info, Ana! happydance (And thanks for asking again, GreyFuss. grin) I'll be picking this game up with my next paycheck. thumbsup

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/06/13 05:24 PM

Thanks Ana,
I will get this one this pay day and wait until my next pay day to pick up The Raven and Night Of The Rabbit .

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/09/13 07:35 PM

The link to the demo is now added in the first post. Enjoy!

Ana wave

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/10/13 03:27 AM

Hi fellow Boomers,
Can anyone tell me if the current DEMO is in English? About a year ago I played the DEMO, but it was in German. I already pre-ordered the full version. Thanks
Sandy

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/10/13 03:35 AM

This is a brand new English Demo that was just released.

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/10/13 04:31 AM

Thanks, ANA
I just downloaded the English Demo, but after installing it, when I tried to start it I got an error message: "Some of the essential files cannot be loaded. Please install the game again."
So I re-installed the game and the same thing happened again. I have WIN XP as my operating system. Has anyone else experienced this problem?. My concern is that the FULL version may give me the same problem. I did NOT have this problem with the German Demo version. Thanks in advance.
Sandy

Never mind, ANA. I had originally unzipped the ;RAR files into it's own seperate folder. THIS time, I did not do that. I Clicked on the setup file while still in the .rar folder. It installed and is now the game is starting normally. HAPPY GAMING!
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/12/13 09:58 PM

Just finished playing the Demo and it looks like a definite buy for me. For those who didn't get the email yet, here is the link for the demo and Pre-purchase special:

http://store.postudios.com/products/face-noir-preorder

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/12/13 10:17 PM

Thanks Starcom, I scooted you over to the current thread which has the links and current news.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the demo!

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/13/13 12:19 AM

Thanks BrownEyedTigre for pointing me in the right direction, I've decided to Pre-order the game, couldn't wait.
Just a bit confused though, on my Email confirmation it said I can download the full game right away but yet it said that it would be only released on the 18th, will wait just in case.

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/13/13 12:33 AM

Are you sure it isn't letting you download all the preorder goodies?

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/13/13 12:49 AM

You are right (as usual thumbsup ) when I tried to download the game, a Text file came up and told me I will be notified via Email when the Game download is ready on July 18th)

But you can download the Soundtrack right away.

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/13/13 12:50 AM

Excellent!

Ana wave

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/13/13 02:03 PM

I downloaded the demo and I am sure I will love the game and guess what I got the man to the hotel and talked to the owner. It appears to be a game that addresses some social issues in addition to having a good story line. I will preorder this one NOW.
Posted By: marie

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/13/13 05:22 PM

I downloaded the demo and will play it later this week, then I'll preorder, if the demo game looks like something I would want to play.

Thanks for the update Ana. thumbsup

Marie smile

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/14/13 04:51 AM

I guess that I'm not the only one who thinks highly of this game after watching the demo. Looking forward to July 18. Happy Gaming, fellow Boomers
Sandy

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/18/13 01:13 PM

Just to let everyone know....my download link for the preorder was sent to me and I am installing the game now.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/18/13 01:14 PM

Thanks for the heads up, GreyFuss. wave

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/18/13 01:46 PM

I also installed and played a little of the game. I like it so far. thumbsup
Posted By: oldman

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/19/13 06:49 PM

I'm a little confused and I couldn't find a place to ask any questions at the game site. I purchased and downloaded this game thinking it was a complete game. After looking at MaG's walkthrough I see that it is episode 1.

Does that mean that we are going to be required to pay $19.99 for each episode?

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/19/13 07:22 PM

You will have to purchase the next game when it's released.

Ana wave

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/19/13 08:32 PM

Oldman,

I believe there are 2 parts to complete the game.

In this case-game, the first part is quite long if the gamer doesn't play with a walkthrough. Hopefully the second part is also the same length.
Posted By: oldman

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/19/13 08:54 PM

Thank you MaG. I finished the demo and now will have to play through that bit again. I like what I see so far and the fact that there are only 2 parts is some consolation.

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/19/13 11:54 PM

According to this correspondence that Browneyedtigre had with Phoenix Studios earlier in this thread, Face Noir is a full game with a sequel to follow. That, to me, doesn't mean an episodic or a Part 1, Part 2 of one game so now I am confused.

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
I already have an answer. lol (Making up for earlier faux pax grin )

The game is not cut from the German version it was cut from the original design that Mad Orange had envisioned so it will be released as Face Noir (a new and improved full version) and then followed by a sequel.

Now let me check on DRM...

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/20/13 12:10 AM

I passed along the info as I received it. Technically the answer was correct on that this game is the same as the German version.

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/20/13 12:16 AM

If that is what Mad Orange wanted to do; they should do an ending that would not leave the gamers wondering what happens next. Maybe they should have removed the last minute or two of the ending cutscene. laugh

Based on the title - Other side or Black side (maybe wrong translation - correct me please) the first "part" is accurate as one game.
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/20/13 03:36 PM

Downloaded and installed the demo. It looks like a really good game. I like the music and the story so far. However, I'm not going to be able to play the game. It's very frustrating because everything is brown and I cannot distinguish what is what. I can't tell what I've got in inventory. I decreased the resolution to 1024 x 768, and it helped, but I still can't really tell what's in inventory. I think I've got a camera, but that's all I can make out. I wish there were labels at least to the inventory so I could go from that.

However, I'm not going to be able to play this interesting game because I can't see it properly. What a bummer!
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/20/13 03:42 PM

Sharon, check out THIS thread in Glitches. It relates to the lighting in the game. I wonder if tweaking the setting as mentioned would help?

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/20/13 07:19 PM

Thanks for the help Rushes. But I had already chosen that option and it didn't help. I'm just really disappointed that I'm going to miss out on a game that has so much potential to be one of the really good ones.

I guess I could play it and just guess what's in inventory - try everything... No, that won't work for me. I like to know what I'm doing and do it deliberately.

Thanks again for the link Rushes.

Sharon

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/20/13 07:23 PM

You're welcome. It's a shame that it didn't make any difference for you. frown I wonder how many others are experiencing the same issue.

Edit: This is what MaG says at the beginning of her walkthrough:

At start of the game; see the settings frame. Here you can select display and sound settings. The display has choice for display device, colors, antialiasing and the aspect ratio. Sound device can be chosen at sound settings.
The main menu has continue, start, load, options, credits and exit. At bottom left, choice of language can be selected: English, Italiano and Russian.
Options have 3D or 2D inventory selection; subtitles and shadows for video and volumes for main, music, environment and voices for Audio. The keyboard controls are shown.
Under options, I recommend that you use Detective (3D) to get clues in the game as well as other features.

In 2D; the inventory is at top of the screen. Right click at item to see the eye icon. Click again to get a description of that item.

So it's possible at least to see what you have in your inventory.

Did you try adjusting any of the other display settings? think

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/20/13 07:49 PM

Thanks Rushes! I'm going to reinstall the demo right now and try the right clicking on inventory and the detective setting. I'll let you know if this fixes my problem. Also, I'm going to read Mag's walkthru. smile

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/20/13 07:51 PM

Crossing fingers that it helps! laugh

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/20/13 08:09 PM

It worked - It worked!!

As usual Rushes I ran my mouth before I had all the facts! I did not pay attention to the details about playing the game. This time I did. I didn't know that the spacebar opened inventory. I just ran the cursor at the top and bottom of the screen till I got an inventory line. When you open inventory using the spacebar it shows a much clearer picture and clicking on that with the eye icon gives you a verbal description. The 3d inventory is much better than the 2d - at least for me. I can now play the game.

Thank you so much for helping me.

Sharon catrub

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/20/13 08:13 PM

Great stuff! yay yay Enjoy the game!

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/20/13 09:37 PM

After carefully scrutinizing my finances, counting my chickens before they've hatched, putting all my eggs in one basket and coughing up dough... Yes, I do believe I can make this purchase! laugh

Is the developer madorange or is that the publisher? - I keep an inventory of my games so I usually have to do a search for the developer/publisher and release date.

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/20/13 10:00 PM

The answer is in the announcement in the first post Sharon.

Re: Atmospheric PC Adventure Game Face Noir Will Release In English on July 18 - Demo Added - 07/20/13 10:35 PM

oops slapforehead Thank you, Ana. wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community