GB HOMEPAGE

I need the order of Atlantis games.

Posted By: JohnBoy

I need the order of Atlantis games. - 07/09/13 07:03 PM

I want to play the Atlantis games again and all I can find in my collection are 3. I know I had more. I have Beyond Atlantis, Beyond Atlantis II and Atlantis Evolution. I know I had one called Atlantis The Lost Tales but I can't find it. Is The Lost Tales and Beyond Atlantis the same game?
Please list for me in order the Atlantis games. Thank you so very much. JohnBoy
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: I need the order of Atlantis games. - 07/09/13 07:22 PM

This should help here.

Ana wave

Re: I need the order of Atlantis games. - 07/09/13 09:22 PM

I still don't know if Atlantis: The Lost Tales and Beyond Atlantis are the same game
Some info implies they are the same game. But WT's seem to be different for the 2. This is driving me nuts.
Posted By: Marian

Re: I need the order of Atlantis games. - 07/09/13 09:31 PM

If memory serves, Atlantis: The Lost Tales is the first game and Beyond Atlantis (also known as Atlantis II) is the second game. wave

Re: I need the order of Atlantis games. - 07/09/13 09:44 PM

OK Thanks Marian
Posted By: Mad

Re: I need the order of Atlantis games. - 07/09/13 10:10 PM

JohnBoy.

If you look at the Gameboomers Walkthroughs section they are listed very clearly thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad grin
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: I need the order of Atlantis games. - 07/09/13 10:14 PM

1. Atlantis: The Lost Tales
2. Atlantis 2 (Beyond Atlantis)
3. Atlantis 3: The New World (Beyond Atlantis 2)
4. Atlantis Evolution
5. Secrets of Atlantis: The Sacred Legacy (sometimes called Atlantis 5)

The Lost Tales had a lot of "game over" places, where your character is killed or thrown in prison forever. It had a tricky place in an inn where you have to swing from a chandelier or something. It also had a really boring part where you have to shoot a boar, which involved a lot of sitting around waiting. Some people think it had the best story of the series. The original version is very hard to get working on modern computer outside of an emulator, and it's tricky at CD switching time. However GOG sells a more compatible version.

Atlantis Evolution was arguably worse. The first 3/4 of it was full of variants of arcade games like Frogger, and next to no real puzzles. There was also a maze and you're killed all the time by soldiers yelling "Halt Deviant." The final 1/4 of the game was completely different from the first parts, and it was a pity the rest of the game wasn't more like it. It was much more like Atlantis 2 and 3.

Atlantis 5 had a story more like an Indiana Jones movie, only in 1st person. It was a big improvement over Atlantis Evolution, though unfortunately it wasn't enough to keep the company afloat. They lost too much money on #4.
Posted By: rmt

Re: I need the order of Atlantis games. - 07/11/13 02:19 AM

1. Atlantis: The Lost Tales is my favourite, I play it every year. It is very immersive and really brings you somewhere else: to this Atlantis island, and then another island (I like the storm sound and the threat of rain), and then a lovely land full of snow and igloos. The story is impressive. The music is the best and most haunting of any game ever made.

There are difficult parts, but following the walkthrough you can easily overcome these obstacles. I just bought the Mac version and I look forward playing it again this summer. My dream would be an HD version of it, but I guess this might not be possible.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community