GB HOMEPAGE

Question about Machinarium "arcade" play

Posted By: Reenie

Question about Machinarium "arcade" play - 07/12/13 03:34 AM

I got this older game in a bonus pack, and it is very clever. I am enjoying its whimsy and the tricky thinking involved in the puzzles.

However, I just encountered an arcade-ish aspect in the "boiler room" that has me a bit worried about the rest of the game play. Does anyone remember if there much of this sort of thing throughout the game? By that I mean having to time a jump just right or fail over and over and over again?

It isn't my favorite kind of game play. I am more a thinking-puzzle person than a jump-through-hoops type of player. If it is only the one room with the arcade stuff, maybe I'll fight past it, but if the game continues in that vein, I'll likely be unloading it.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Question about Machinarium "arcade" play - 07/12/13 03:47 AM

Hi Reenie, I haven't played this game, but this review looks like it might provide some answers to your question.

I'm also going to move your post over to Adventure Game Discussions. wave
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Question about Machinarium "arcade" play - 07/12/13 05:50 AM

Thanks, Marion. It sure doesn't sound like a game for me! I think you have saved me a lot of frustration and grief. Glad I didn't pay $35 for it new! smile
Posted By: Marian

Re: Question about Machinarium "arcade" play - 07/12/13 06:28 AM

Glad to help, Reenie. smile
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Question about Machinarium "arcade" play - 07/12/13 02:07 PM

REENIE; perhaps you ought not give up quite so soon on "Machinarium." It's been a while, but I seem to remember a couple of "Arcade" type games, but there was a very low number of attempts before you would automatically win and could move on. I don't think you can get stuck at one of those and a I generally found the game unique and rather clever.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community