GB HOMEPAGE

Games similar to Nancy Drew? Or other game suggestions.

Posted By: Dreamer1990

Games similar to Nancy Drew? Or other game suggestions. - 07/19/13 08:24 PM

Hello, all!

I know I have been gone quite some time, but I finally graduated college so I am able to catch up. smile

I recently have played all of the Nancy Drew games that I have missed, but now that I'm playing the "waiting game" for the next one, I was wondering if y'all could recommend either some similar games or other mystery/adventure games?

Other than Nancy Drew, my favorites have been:

Syberia series
Longest Journey Series
The Awakening/Otherworld series by Boomzap
Various adventure games for the PS3 and the Zelda series for the Wii.

Although I enjoyed the Boomzap series, I'm not generally into hidden object as much as point-and-clicks or free movement games.

Oh, and if it's free movement I don't mind first or third, but point-and-clicks I tend to like first person better--but if your game suggestions happen to be third person I'll certainly take a look.

I am happy to be back and hope to catch up with the forums! thumbsup

Posted By: Rushes

Re: Games similar to Nancy Drew? Or other game suggestions. - 07/19/13 09:43 PM

Hi Dreamer,

If you enjoy mystery/adventures, then for games released over the past year I'd recommend either Carol Reed: Cold Case Summer or Testament of Sherlock Holmes. Both play in first person. (Testament has the option of first or third.)

For slightly older games that you might not be familiar with, Lost Horizon is an absolute cracker (it plays in third person only).
Posted By: meryl

Re: Games similar to Nancy Drew? Or other game suggestions. - 07/21/13 07:40 AM

I thoroughly endorse that ref. Lost Horizon.
I love the Nancy Drew games and prefer to play in first person but Lost Horizon is a real point and click classic in my opinion.
In fact it's the best third person game I've played. Full of excitement and adventure. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community