GB HOMEPAGE

what next?

Posted By: nolalou

what next? - 08/07/13 10:27 PM

Hi All,

Almost done playing Grey Matter. (finally, after a long gap of not playing). Looking for another 'character/story' based game.
Any recommendations? I've played most of the older 'classic' adventures, but haven't bought a new game in over a year! (must be in BAAGS remission).
What about The Raven? Seems interesting from the Adventure Shop site.

Thanks!
Posted By: mj2c

Re: what next? - 08/07/13 10:40 PM

Cognition? It's an episodic game also from Jane Jenson IIRC
Posted By: venus

Re: what next? - 08/08/13 01:48 PM

With Cognition, Jane Jensen was actually a story consultant, not a writer. It's still a great game, though, and I second its recommendation. smile Moebius should be out later this year/early next year, and that will be a new Jane Jensen game. thumbsup

How about The Lost Crown or Lost Horizon? They are both great story based games, though as they are older than a year, you may have already played them. Memoria will be out later this year, so you may be interested in its prequel, Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav if you like fantasy based games. Also, if you don't mind some (very easy) quick time events, I highly recommend The Walking Dead. It just came out last year, and I consider it one of the best story based games I've played. The puzzles are very simplistic, though, so it all depends on what you're looking for. I would compare it to Dreamfall in that respect.
Posted By: nolalou

Re: what next? - 08/08/13 09:13 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! I'd forgotten that I had downloaded Lost Horizon a while ago. Lets just hope it plays on Windows 8. (that's what I'm playing Grey Matter on, with no problems).

Is 'Cognition' the 3 part game I see on The Adventure Shop. (looks like you buy each separately).
Posted By: Rushes

Re: what next? - 08/08/13 09:21 PM

Yes, that's right, nolalou. smile
Posted By: mj2c

Re: what next? - 08/08/13 10:07 PM

I think its in four parts. When the last one is released you'll probably be able to buy them as one.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community