GB HOMEPAGE

Gone Home now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Gone Home now Available - 08/15/13 09:47 PM

You can purchase the game DRM free with a free Steam Key also through the Official Website here.

Quote:
June 7, 1995. 1:15 AM.

You arrive home after a year abroad. You expect your family to greet you, but the house is empty. Something's not right. Where is everyone? And what's happened here?

Gone home is an interactive exploration simulator. Interrogate every detail of a seemingly normal house to discover the story of the people who live there. Open any drawer and door. Pick up objects and examine them to discover clues. Uncover the events of one family's lives by investigating what they've left behind.

Go home again.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Gone Home now Available - 08/15/13 09:49 PM

Thanks for letting us know, Ana. wave
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Gone Home now Available - 08/16/13 12:31 AM

Thanks, interesting
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Gone Home now Available - 08/16/13 08:28 AM

Thanks Ana. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Gone Home now Available - 08/16/13 01:57 PM

Thank you, BrownEyedTigre grin
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Gone Home now Available - 08/16/13 07:23 PM

Looks good Ana - Thank you.
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Gone Home now Available - 08/17/13 09:48 AM

My brother gave me a link to a review of the game on another site. Has any Boomer played this? Any plans for a review? Thanks for the help.

Spyros
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Gone Home now Available - 08/21/13 05:54 PM

This looks to be a pretty short game. Checking it out on YouTube, most gamers are finishing it in around an hour. eek Perhaps they're not bothering to fully explore?
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Gone Home now Available - 08/22/13 05:27 AM

I have been playing Gone Home. I have gotten to the end of the game, but do not have all the journals, so I know I have missed parts. I will return to the game tomorrow. I want to find what parts I have missed and collect the missing journals. Glad I purchased the game, having a good time. happydance I throughly enjoyed this game until the last journal and IMO ruined the entire game! I am very dissapointed.

Re: Gone Home now Available - 08/23/13 03:46 PM

Out of interest, how long did it take you from start to finish, kazzmo?
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Gone Home now Available - 08/23/13 05:08 PM

Rushes. I would say about 8 hours. I played the game slowly, clicked on everything, examined and read everything, stopped and thought about what I had just read and seen, took my time in all the rooms. After I reached the end of the game, I still had some journals to find, so I went back and searched the rooms again until I found all of them. I needed help with the last journal, so I went to YouTube and saw where people were finishing the game in an hour or less. I also noticed that they hurried through all the rooms, just hurrying to finish the game and were not finding all the journals and IMO that is not playing or finishing the game. So the play time will vary, depending on how interested the player is in getting to know the people who live in the house and their past.

Re: Gone Home now Available - 08/23/13 05:14 PM

Thanks, kazzmo, that's helpful info. smile

I just watched one of the "zip-through" YouTube playthroughs, and found the story -- what there was of it, for an hour! -- very moving.
Posted By: UpToo Late

Re: Gone Home now Available - 08/28/13 02:33 PM

Hi. It's been quite a long time since I was last here.

This game looks interesting to me -- any more opinions of it?

Also -- I was thinking of buying it. Is purchasing and downloading from the official website the only way to purchase it, or is there a boxed version? Has anyone here purchased from the website and, if so, was it safe to do so (I would be using paypal)?

Finally, and please pardon my ignorance, but what is a "Steam Key"? Is this an online only game, or one that you download?

Thanks in advance for any help/info you can provide.

-- Up Too Late

Re: Gone Home now Available - 08/28/13 03:36 PM

No boxed version as of the moment but you can safely buy from the developer on the official website and download. Steam is another download website and game manager which you can read about here. You will get a key to unlock the game from here as well as from the developer if you purchase from them.

Ana wave
Posted By: UpToo Late

Re: Gone Home now Available - 08/28/13 03:41 PM

Thanks, Ana. smile
Posted By: rmt

Re: Gone Home now Available - 10/15/13 01:53 AM

I just finished the game, in about three hours. Although there are rooms I have not inspected like I should have, so I must play again, and I reckon it will be about another two hours.

So yes, you can play it in one hour, if you check almost nothing and reach the attic and pick up the last journal, or you can get lost checking everything for at least 5 hours before you do that. There are interesting secret passages.

Being able to go outside around the house in the rain is the missing part of this game that would truly have made it complete. A shed to explore would have been nice. I like the sound of rain on the roof.

The story is interesting, but the end is shocking. They are vague enough however that you can't be sure exactly what it means. You can decide to believe that it is not as shocking as I imagine it to be.

It is a game worth playing if you have a few hours to kill and if you can get the game at a good price. Indie at heart, but better quality than what we used to have 15 years ago. No big puzzle things, just exploration to discover more of the story of your sister, dad and dead uncle, with a touch of paranormal.

And be ready to use the arrows or wasd to move around, and using the mouse to turn and look everywhere. And don't forget the control key to check under everything, I suspect I missed many journals hiding in some dark corners.

I played it on my Mac using the easy option, I'm not sure if the harder options will make the game that different. I'll try that next time I play.

Re: Gone Home now Available - 10/15/13 02:02 AM

THanks rmt!

Ana wave
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Gone Home now Available - 01/02/14 08:18 AM

This game is on sale here for 6.80......
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/gonehome_storefront
Posted By: Marian

Re: Gone Home now Available - 01/02/14 04:26 PM

Thanks for letting us know, CountZero. wave12
© 2024 GameBoomers Community