GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing Shades of Sanity Psychological Horror Game

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing Shades of Sanity Psychological Horror Game - 08/16/13 10:58 PM

3D "Spiritual Successor" to Sanitarium where you play a schizophrenic patient made by former members of Dreamforge.

You can access the Kickstarter and more details here.

Quote:
Shades of Sanity is a psychological horror game that we strive to make it memorable in atmosphere, story, game play, and graphics. It is a puzzle/adventure game with limited action sequences. The environment is fully 3D with real time lighting and effects.

How does this game play?

Think of games like “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” or ‘Eternal Darkness,” but with more puzzle solving and less creature attacks. Imagine if you can also set the difficulty level of each. There is an inventory system for using items against other objects in the world, and there are also puzzles that require interacting with the world, similar to Myst but written by a mental patient.
Are there difficulty settings?

Yes there are settings both for puzzles and action sequences. At the lowest setting, action sequences will require no dexterity; you can walk away from the screen without fear of dying. Or you can crank it up to have Clock Tower levels of danger.

At normal setting, puzzle difficulty won't require knowledge of fields of study outside the game (such as math, literary works, tarot, or what not.)
What type of puzzles are there?

The puzzles are based more on the environment and rely less on the inventory system, which means a player won't become frustrated while searching for hidden items to solve a puzzle . The supernatural element adds a different level of logic to solve. Exploration and experimentation will lead you closer to answers.

What we DON'T want to do is punish the player in any way. You won't be getting killed unfairly. you won't get railroaded into one solution when another one clearly could exist. (Why can't I just use a STICK to grab that key?) Nor will you be forced to perform repetitive tasks with limited saves. Games should be enjoyable.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Announcing Shades of Sanity Psychological Horror Game - 08/16/13 11:21 PM

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing Shades of Sanity Psychological Horror Game - 08/16/13 11:47 PM

Thanks, Ana. I have played more than one game by Dreamforge and I always liked their games. wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Announcing Shades of Sanity Psychological Horror Game - 08/17/13 12:41 AM

Thanks for the news, Ana. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing Shades of Sanity Psychological Horror Game - 08/17/13 10:21 AM

Thank you, BrownEyedTigre thumbsup
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Announcing Shades of Sanity Psychological Horror Game - 08/18/13 10:07 AM

Sounds good Ana. Thanks for the info.
Posted By: LeBelleRachael

Re: Announcing Shades of Sanity Psychological Horror Game - 08/18/13 04:40 PM

If this is anything like Sanitarium it should be a hot one!
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: Announcing Shades of Sanity Psychological Horror Game - 08/18/13 06:12 PM

Very exciting. Anything that gives a tip of the hat to Sanitarium is right up my alley. I also liked ( a lot) the ability to play on a pure adventure setting with no need for dexterity or fear of dying.
Jeanne
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Announcing Shades of Sanity Psychological Horror Game - 08/19/13 07:07 PM

Thank you Ana ! Lots of good stuff coming our way lately.
Posted By: GBC

Re: Announcing Shades of Sanity Psychological Horror Game - 08/20/13 11:54 AM

Thanks Ana, this is looking really good! scared
© 2024 GameBoomers Community