GB HOMEPAGE

Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 08/30/13 03:48 PM

Just passing along some good news for those who have been patiently waiting for the release of Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw.

The release will likely be in Q1 of 2014, but there is a chance it will be released in Q4 of 2013.

You can view some screenshots here.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 08/30/13 03:55 PM

Thanks for the update, Ana.
Posted By: LadyCav

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 08/30/13 03:55 PM

I've been waiting for this for so long! Good to see that it will be released before too long.
I was thinking perhaps around Halloween, but then it would be competing with his friend Jonathan. 1st Qtr 2014 makes sense. I'm looking forward to it, the screenshots look great.
Thanks for the update, Ana. smile
Posted By: Marian

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 08/30/13 04:45 PM

Thanks, Ana. Good news. smile
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 08/30/13 05:46 PM

Thanks, Ana wave
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 08/30/13 07:00 PM

Hate to be cynical... but I will believe it when it is released.... just saying.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 08/30/13 09:51 PM

Nice to be more hopeful of this game !! yay
Posted By: Argyle1968

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 08/30/13 10:49 PM

I guess two and half years late is better than never. Or was it three and a half? I forget.
Posted By: traveler

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 08/30/13 11:31 PM

At this rate, they'll have to sell it as an oldie when it comes out.

Gil.
Posted By: Lagavulin

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 08/31/13 09:49 AM

Thanks for the info. So It might actually be a release after all, GREAT news.

Cheers
Posted By: monbron

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 08/31/13 11:01 AM

I think it will be worth the wait by looking at the pix zombie
Posted By: Marianne

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 08/31/13 09:10 PM

Thanks Ana, this game is a definite buy for me. It's hard to wait !!
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 08/31/13 11:39 PM

Thanks for the update Ana & looking at the wonderful screenshots it looks like the game's well worth the long wait! happydance
Posted By: GBC

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 09/01/13 01:49 PM

Thanks Ana, Wow! Time to get hopeful again. rah
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 09/01/13 03:20 PM

headscratchI too love the screen shots and have waited for this game a long time. I seem to remember that when this game was originally introduced there was more of a "reality" feel to it. Weren't there screens of real people wandering through real settings. Wasn't there more of a "Blair Witch" feel to the project. Given that I am more than happy with what I see now, am I way off base on this?

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 09/01/13 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: traveler
At this rate, they'll have to sell it as an oldie when it comes out.

Gil.

Gil, I can play Barrow Hill today and not look at it as being an "oldie". The feel of the game and it's ambience is supposed to be exactly the way it's created and that is also true for Bracken Tor. Just because it's been a few years in the making doesn't mean it would have been designed any differently if it was started today.
It will be well worth the wait.

Ana wave
Posted By: meryl

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 09/02/13 07:49 AM

Fantastic news. Am hoping my aged computer can handle the game.
And if it can't.....then I'm more than happy to get a brand new one just to play this game. I'll even accept the miserable Windows 8 if I have to.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 09/02/13 11:46 AM

Fantastic screen shots! Thanks Ana for sharing.
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 09/04/13 12:13 AM

AGAIN, looking forward to this title! Go, go, go!!
Posted By: Carrie

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 09/06/13 08:37 PM

Looking at the screenshot showing the stones circling a cutdown tree in the forest, I can't help but wonder if they'll move like those in "Barrow Hill".

While waiting for "Bracken Tor", MHZ TV is showing a detective miniseries here called "Dolmen". It has a storyline that centers on a circle of large stones (looking very much like a circle of hooded monks), located on a small island off Brittany, with creepy myths & legends held by the locals. There's a lighthouse, too. I've never seen stone circles in person, but after playing "Barrow Hill", I just expect for them to be on the move when no one's looking... eeeeek scared

Although it's not a game, it sure feels like one... and for me, it will have to suffice until "Bracken Tor", as well as the several others from Shadow Tor and Darkling Room Studios are released.
Posted By: troi

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 01/05/14 12:44 AM

It is officially the first quarter of 2014, so...any news?

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 01/05/14 01:06 AM

When there is an official release date we will announce it. No firm date yet.

Ana wave12
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 01/05/14 01:38 AM

Great, News....Ana

Thanks for any updates to this site on games.....I do Appreciate the devotion Gameboomers has to bring us on any info on upcoming games....

What I am disappointed is some writers, and developers that make these games can't give the consumers the time of day..

My Opinion...

I agree with Winfrey.... When the game is out.....I will Shout ... rah
Posted By: Tracy

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 01/05/14 03:40 AM

Hi everyone. I just wanted to say thanks along w/ the others for always keeping us up to date on games and their release dates and stuff. I have to add though that although I don't mind if the developers take a long time to release their games (I know they're human beings w/ lives and who are probably working on a shoe-string budget with only a handful of people), my only wish is that they would NOT make announcements about game release dates until the dates are certain. I'd rather they say something like, "We're working hard on the game and at this time we don't have a release date in mind. We expect to continue working for another year or two (fill in the times)and when we get closer to the game's completion, we will post more information." Then if it were me and I knew that we had maybe a month until the actual release, I'd post something about that on my website and then players would know that they only had a very short time to wait until they would be able to buy the product.

I don't mean to tell developers how to do their jobs---I don't know much about the industry. But I love their games and I respect them and think it would help their game sales as well as their reputations if they were to give these kind of ideas a shot. :)

Thanks so much for letting me share,
Tracy
Posted By: sanford

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 01/10/14 03:40 AM

Hi Fellow Boomers. I'm curious about this. Is Bracken Tor an Adventure game, or an action game? RPG game, or a third person game?
Sandy

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 01/10/14 03:43 AM

It's an adventure game like Barrow Hill.

Ana wave
Posted By: sanford

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 01/10/14 09:28 PM

Thanks, Ana. I'm looking forward to it.
Sandy

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 04/02/14 08:16 PM

Still no news on Broken Tor?

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 04/02/14 08:29 PM

No official announcement I can give yet but rest assured it's coming. grin I will be posting a new thread as soon as I can, until then please be patient.

Ana wave

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 04/02/14 10:18 PM

Amen Tracy, Amen. I too respect the time requirements for a developer to produce a product. When you add the fact that much of what game makers do is art as well as science, I'm even more impressed. If they miss the release date by a week or so, I fully understand. However, If they miss the release date by several months, then they were either irresponsible or they simply lied. Whichever it is, the consumer deserves a bit of respest too. When asked about the release date for a game, "I don't know" is a perfectly reasonable answer. Simply try to avoid leading gamers down the prirose path to nothing.

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 04/02/14 10:38 PM

I love how you can quickly blame a developer when you have no idea what is going on. Feel free to lay the blame wherever you wish but just remember things are not always what they seem.

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 04/03/14 12:13 AM

Thanks for the update, Ana.

Originally Posted By: The Haze
Amen Tracy, Amen. I too respect the time requirements for a developer to produce a product. When you add the fact that much of what game makers do is art as well as science, I'm even more impressed. If they miss the release date by a week or so, I fully understand. However, If they miss the release date by several months, then they were either irresponsible or they simply lied. Whichever it is, the consumer deserves a bit of respest too. When asked about the release date for a game, "I don't know" is a perfectly reasonable answer. Simply try to avoid leading gamers down the prirose path to nothing.

FWIW, I believe when Matt (developer) gave a status on this a couple of years ago, the game was pretty much in the can and waiting for a distribution agreement somewhere in Europe (maybe Germany?) Something to do with translating the game into a different language, IIRC, but I could be remembering it wrong. In any event, I am pretty sure that the game was all but done at that time and just waiting for some legal or contractual wranglings. Maybe he had some issues with what was being demanded or offered. We don't know. Then again, maybe he decided to completely revamp the game technically. There again, we aren't privy to that info. We all wish we could be playing it, but if it isn't possible, it isn't possible. Matt may not even be in a position to be able to shed any light on the situation himself.

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 04/03/14 12:28 AM

Correct Argyle! When something can be said, it will be.

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 04/03/14 12:45 AM

I wasn't referring to any particular game or situation. We've all been through this several times with several games. All I respectfully (Not angrily) suggest is that until it is absolutely, positively, definite when a game will be available, don't announce when it will be available. Why is that such a hostile concept?

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 04/03/14 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: The Haze

Saying the developer is either irresponsible or lied is not exactly what I call friendly or respectful.

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 04/03/14 03:17 AM

You are correct and I apologize for my poor word choices. Perhaps "careless' would have been a better option. I'll say no more on the subject, since it seems to be an area of more sensitity than I thought.
Posted By: DWoodhouse

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 04/20/14 11:02 AM

Q1 has come and gone, and we're halfway through Q2
Any new updates about when the game is being released?
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Release Update for Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw - 04/20/14 01:13 PM

Hi DWoodhouse, welcome to GameBoomers.

There is no further news yet as to release. When we do have news, we will post it. Keep checking back!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community