GB HOMEPAGE

"I Have No Mouth" at GOG

Posted By: Jenny100

"I Have No Mouth" at GOG - 09/06/13 02:57 PM

I think it was just released yesterday (Sept 5), because that's when the oldest reviews are dated.

It's one of those older games (from 1995) that veteran adventure gamers consider unique, and one of the best. It's an unusual horror-type game, based on a story by Harlan Ellison, who voices the supercomputer "AM" in the game.

GOG claims their version works on Windows XP, Vista, Win7, and Win8.

"I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream"
http://www.gog.com/game/i_have_no_mouth_and_i_must_scream

Only $5.99 -- a lot less than certain eBay prices.
Posted By: Marian

Re: "I Have No Mouth" at GOG - 09/06/13 03:00 PM

That's great news, Jenny. I played this game when it first came out. I'm glad it will be available to more players now. wave
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: "I Have No Mouth" at GOG - 09/07/13 12:58 AM

In spite of it being nearly 18 years old, I still enjoy replaying the game. The original stories are nearly 50 years old scared

You can still order the game from his website too - The HERC Store
Posted By: Mad

Re: "I Have No Mouth" at GOG - 09/07/13 08:02 AM

Tempting !!!! lol

I haven't played this since its original release ....
Posted By: GBC

Re: "I Have No Mouth" at GOG - 09/07/13 09:04 PM

Gog has a great sale this weekend. I got "A New Beginning" for $3.99.
Posted By: sanford

Re: "I Have No Mouth" at GOG - 09/07/13 10:13 PM

"I have no mouth" is one of my favorite games. I played it SO many years ago, but I think I will go to GOG and purchase it. I might have the original boxed game somewhere in my collection, but it might not work on my present system.
Sandy
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: "I Have No Mouth" at GOG - 09/07/13 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: sanford
"I have no mouth" is one of my favorite games. I played it SO many years ago, but I think I will go to GOG and purchase it. I might have the original boxed game somewhere in my collection, but it might not work on my present system.
Sandy

It won't, you'll need to use a DOS emulator like DOSBox to play it. The GOG version most likely comes with a preset configuration file for DOSBox.

It's one of my favorites as well smile
Posted By: sanford

Re: "I Have No Mouth" at GOG - 09/08/13 09:28 PM

OK, InlandAZ. I DID go to GOG, and I purchased it. I'm now playing it and it's running perfectly on my WIN XP computer. It's a REALLY great game.
Thanks for your info.
Sandy
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: "I Have No Mouth" at GOG - 09/08/13 10:48 PM

Glad to hear you're enjoying it, Sanford.
It's a bargain to get an updated version for $5.99.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: "I Have No Mouth" at GOG - 09/09/13 01:03 AM

So, the GOG version has everything required to run the game on current operating systems then. or do you have to have DOS Box installed on your system?
Posted By: Marian

Re: "I Have No Mouth" at GOG - 09/09/13 01:09 AM

You don't have to install DOSBox to run the game; that is correct. GOG takes care of that for you. wave
Posted By: sureshot

Re: "I Have No Mouth" at GOG - 09/09/13 08:12 PM

Thank you Jenny - it's been soooo long since I played this one - I have to play it now on my "modern" PC. lol
Posted By: CountZero

Re: "I Have No Mouth" at GOG - 09/10/13 05:39 AM

Every game I have ever purchased on GOG, no matter how old, all ran just great on my windows 7 computer. I wouldnt worry about that.....
© 2024 GameBoomers Community