GB HOMEPAGE

Your Most Replayed Game ??

Posted By: Mad

Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/27/13 11:18 PM

Do you have a game that draws you back time after time for a replay think

Well I do. And despite still being part way through a handful of other games, I just couldn't resist yet another play of my most favourite game ever - Gabriel Knight : Sins of the Fathers dance
I won't say in public just how many times I've played this fabulous game .. I'm keeping "stum" on that !! rotfl
But here I am, playing it again and enjoying it as much as ever devilchili
Posted By: mbday630

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/27/13 11:31 PM

Oh, Mad, I love to see another GK1 lover! I probably have re-played that game 200 times. I finally wrote a walkthrough on how to get the extra point. It always bugged me that sometimes I got an extra point over the total and I couldn't figure out how I got it, so, I replayed it over and over.

also, I have probably played Day of the Tentacle around 200 times too. It takes me 45 minutes now to play through, and if I just have some time to kill, I will find myself loading up that game.

I have played Simon the Sorcerer 1 between 50 and 100 times. I love that game. When I am playing these old games, I feel like I am visiting old friends. But, those are about the only games that I have replayed numerous times. I might give other favorite games 1 or 2 repeats, but, these games are really special.
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/28/13 12:28 AM

Oddly, I've never played a Gabriel Knight game. I have played URU many times and Syberia at least a dozen. (And I still can't get the drink mixed correctly!)
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/28/13 01:14 AM

Oh Boy...Its hard to chose ,but I have played All the LHOD games at least 4 time....

woot
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/28/13 09:46 AM

I love replaying all my Tomb Raider games and Myst games. I love exploring worlds with little dialogue. dance
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/28/13 03:28 PM

If we can include PS3 games here, then my most replayed is Journey. 500+ journeys to date. I may be slightly (happily) addicted to it. laugh

(If anyone here plays Journey and would like to journey with me (it's online co-op), PM me for my PSN name and we'll try and make it happen!)

Otherwise, for PC, it would be any of the Frogwares Sherlock Holmes games, 10+ each, I would imagine. (Except Mystery of the Mummy, which I've played only a few times.)
Posted By: venus

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/28/13 05:44 PM

Mbday630, I had no idea there was an extra point you could get. I know you can do that with some early King's Quest games, but I didn't know about GK. What do you have to do to trigger it?

As for my own most replayed game, I have absolutely no idea. My favorite game is The Longest Journey. But then there is Culpa Innata, the Gabriel Knight games (2 being my favorite, but they are all at the top of my list), Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown and Dreamfall. I've more than likely replayed these games more than most. However, since I tend to replay all my games, it would probably be Maniac Mansion overall, as it's the game I've had the longest. smile
Posted By: traveler

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/28/13 05:46 PM

Cover my face, I hate to say it, but I can't stop turning orcs into fountains of cinders.
Divine Divinity is now officially my most replayed game.

Manny, I still love you.

Gil.
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/28/13 09:12 PM

Hi Mad, I think my most replayed games are Broken Sword 1 & 2 since I got the re-mastered/Directors Cut versions - I'm not sure they were for the better as I was just as happy with them the 1st time around! (Otherwise why would I be replaying them? lol) I did before that play GK2 which I think I've done about 3 times - I've got the other 2 games as well which I know I'll get around to but the interfaces are more difficult i.e. either too much pixilation or whizzy controls!
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/28/13 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Kaki's Sister
I love replaying all my Tomb Raider games and Myst games. I love exploring worlds with little dialogue.

My most replayed game is Myst in it's different versions (Myst, Myst Masterpiece, RealMyst) -- mainly because I got the versions for different hardware (PC, PSX, PocketPC, pre-OSX Mac, PSP, iPad).

Other games I've replayed a lot are Shivers and the first Tomb Raider.
I hope they release Shivers for iPad some day -- without dumbing down or eliminating any of the puzzles.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/29/13 01:21 AM

Hi Jenny,
OK, so I'm a MYST-A-HOLIC. I've replayed REALMYST more times than I can remember.
Sandy
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/29/13 01:25 AM

I've played Pandora Directive so many times (mainly trying to get all the points I could) that now I'm only doing my favorite puzzles trying to get the most points! Second is Under A Killing Moon.
Posted By: Terri824

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/29/13 01:44 AM

Hi. I'm pretty sure that it would be Syberia, the first of the series. woot
Posted By: thracia

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/29/13 02:43 AM

Strange ,I never replay games. There are to many others I have to get to.

thracia

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/29/13 10:24 AM

Some interesting replies, thank you !!

And thracia, I have a very tall "unplayed" stack too (as I'm sure many others have) but once "A" game has really got its hooks into you it's so difficult to fight the urge lol lol lol

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/29/13 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: sanford
OK, so I'm a MYST-A-HOLIC. I've replayed REALMYST more times than I can remember.
Sandy

It's just nice to revisit those locations. Myst was my first adventure game, and something of the feeling of mystery I got the first time I played it gets recalled during replays. I replay other adventure games, but none so often as Myst.

Thracia,
If I stacked up all my unplayed games, it would go through the roof and fall over. Sometimes something I know I liked in the past is more attractive than something I only have other peoples' word on.
Posted By: rmt

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/29/13 04:21 PM

I'm glad I'm not alone replaying games over and over again. There's something disturbing about this, but I won't admit it nor will I seek help. I have replayed dozens of times all the games Venus has mentioned minus maniac mansion, we have the exact same taste in adventures.

But I must add all the Benoit Sokal and Microïds/White Birds adventures, the early Sherlock Holmes, and my all time favourite the Agatha Christie series. Oh, and the Moment of silence.

I can say I feel I have lived more in The Longest Journey universe and on the islands of And then were none and Murder under the sun than in reality, which I really feel the need to escape. I also spent a lot of time in the universe of Culpa Innata, Atlantis 1, GK3 and Gray Matter.

These worlds have a way to become extremely immersive and real.
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/30/13 05:39 PM

I could never replay a game. I've tried The Neverhood ( one of my favorites ) but since I know what to expect and how to do the puzzles, I get bored real fast.

Sorry - hate to be the " There's always one in the crowd" type guy. scared
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/30/13 05:44 PM

sureshot....I was like you at one time...Until I discovered that there were so many things I missed in a game as far as bonus content.. happydance

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/30/13 06:11 PM

You must have a good memory, Sureshot.
I can't remember ANY of the puzzles in Neverhood.
All I remember is the wall and its interminable pseudo-Biblical interminability -- and I don't even think you had to read it.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/30/13 06:25 PM

I replay the Nancy Drew games frequently, and also The Lost Crown. smile
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 09/30/13 08:01 PM

This time of year, it's got to be Dracula Resurrection or Dark Fall: Lost Souls. Any other time it'd be one of the Tex Murphy games, generally Martian Memorandum.
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 10/01/13 03:25 AM

Amerzone and Scratches have been replayed the most. Lost Crown, Rhiannon, Dead Reefs, Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes and Dracula games have all been replayed many times. I never tire of these games. There are many more I want to replay, just not enough time for all those gems.
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 10/01/13 04:17 AM

I have played most of my games at least twice, but I think both Riven and the incarnations of Myst win the prize at 4 each.

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 10/01/13 04:39 AM

Really enjoying all your replies, thank you happydance

Such a comfort to know I'm not the only mad addict walkin' round lol lol lol
Posted By: mission

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 10/01/13 09:42 PM

Syberia and Niburu
Posted By: Adam Beals

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 10/02/13 07:53 AM

The Last Express is definitely one of my top replays. I also love the three Agatha Christie games. Just started playing 'And Then There Were None' the other day.
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 10/02/13 05:09 PM

Hi Jenny - I tend to remember things I really enjoyed like The Neverhood - one of the few half dozen games or so that stuck with me.
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 10/02/13 05:19 PM

To be sure, Mad. I'm also replaying both Syberias. too. These are games I would never sell. Love them.
Posted By: HeavenlyJoy

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 10/03/13 09:45 AM

I use to never replay games, until I accidentally replayed a Nancy Drew that I did not remember I played before, I was surprised how much I enjoyed it the second time, so I started to replay many of them, I would not like to play as much, If I remember to much of the solutions, one advantage of a slipping memory, I enjoy games and movies more the second time around LOL..
I am a BIG GK fan also, thinking I need to dig it out , 2 is also my fav, I loved the feel of it, it might go beyond the puzzles for me, as I just love the feel of it, the Characters are so AWESOME, the places so memorial.. but any good puzzle game, that I dont totally remember the solutions, are great for replaying... I recently played a new game, and I wouldn't even call it a game, it was mostly story, it was so disappointing, it has some good reviews but where was the gaming??? anyway, still spent a few hours on it, it was short also, so definitely wont replay it.. it was called "GONE HOME"

so excellent stories, but mostly great puzzling motivates me to replay, thinking there are alot of early games, I need to pull off the shelf again
one fortunate thing for me, is I dont care as much about the current graphics or voice acting, my favorite part of games are the puzzles, so that makes playing some of the older games fun, I started playing many years after some of them were made, cant think of names right now, see I have a TERRIBLE MEMORY LOL.. smile am grateful for others reviews and game shout outs..
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 10/04/13 10:54 AM

The game I play at least twice every year is Under A Killing Moon I can't get too much of Tex Murphy .
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 10/04/13 11:36 AM

Riven is mine.
And some puzzles I still get wrong!

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 10/05/13 06:29 AM

So not Isabelle then ???? shocked shocked shocked rotfl
Posted By: vic

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 10/05/13 08:25 PM

Last Express is probably the most replayed, closely followed by all the gabriel knight games and grim fandango
Posted By: jfcwilson

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 10/06/13 04:18 AM

Riven, for sure.
Posted By: maggsie

Re: Your Most Replayed Game ?? - 10/07/13 09:26 AM

Its got to be Broken Sword, George is an absolute hoot. I have all four and even bought the complete package with all four on again as I was having problems with the Angel of Death, its plays ok with the complete package. I have lost count on how many times I have played them my favourite is The Sleeping Dragon, cant wait for the fifth one hope its plays ok with my windows seven .
Maggsie
© 2024 GameBoomers Community