GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - Updated!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - Updated! - 09/30/13 11:38 PM

You may visit the official website here.

The Kickstarter is now live and can be accessed here.

Quote:

The Dead Flowers Case is set in a fantastical, mechanical alternate reality in which flowers and plants have long since become extinct and the world runs to (apparent) mechanical perfection. However, this precise order of things is thrown into chaos when a mysterious crime is discovered. The only clue to his murder are the dead flowers placed by the side of the dead body.

From this point, the player assumes the role of detective, exploring the game’s world, questioning its strange and colourful citizens, and uncovering more clues that will eventually unravel the mystery as to who committed the terrible crime.

Find out when, how and why this mysterious crime occurred... ...and ultimately, who committed it - and why ?

This fantastic world is coming from the creative minds behind best-selling classic adventure game Syberia and acclaimed Steampunk sculptor and artist Stéphane Halleux.

" The Dead Flowers Case "comes in the form of a police investigation, which the player is in charge. A crime is committed in the offices of a huge car factory: the chief accountant was found dead at his post ... Stranger still, there beside him then some dried flowers in this universe all traces of plant life to long gone.

The player will have to solve this puzzle, in which the strong mechanisms adventure game are preserved but revitalized by the use of tools delusional scientific research.

To finance " The Dead Flowers Case "and parallel contacts with publishers, Mando working on a Kickstarter campaign, which could take place starting in mid-October.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 09/30/13 11:46 PM

Thanks, Ana. smile
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/01/13 12:17 AM

Thank you for the info, Ana. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/01/13 12:23 AM

Thanks for that info, BrownEyedTigre grin
Posted By: margob

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/01/13 12:49 AM

thanks Ana,
I just had a look at their website, and the fact that it takes place in a (future?) totalitarian and productivist universe, as well as the steampunk graphics , make it very appealing to me:)

margo

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/01/13 03:23 AM

Me too margo! I love pretty much anything Steampunk.

Ana wave
Posted By: Leeana

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/01/13 01:28 PM

Thank You Ana kissy
Posted By: mission

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/01/13 09:40 PM

Thanks Ana for the info
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/02/13 09:46 AM

It looks different from the games I play. Thanks Ana.
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/02/13 12:42 PM

Sounds goods. Looks interesting.
Posted By: rmt

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/04/13 12:28 AM

I just read their entire website, this is momentous. Those are the guys from White Birds, a company they founded with Benoît Sokal.

I feel we are going to see great things from them, but I'm pretty sure their Kickstarter goal will be high. I might go overboard on this one.

I'm just a bit worried that the whole adventure will have no outside scenes, no trees or flowers or oceans, or the kind of escapism I look for and always found in all of Sokal's adventures.

We'll be in a factory, perhaps for the whole game, none of the travel of AmerZone, Paradise, Syberia or the breathtaking outside scenes of Sinking Island. But we'll see.

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/04/13 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: rmt
I just read their entire website, this is momentous. Those are the guys from White Birds, a company they founded with Benoît Sokal.

I had that in the first post rmt. I am looking forward to what they will produce.

Ana wave

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/04/13 01:37 AM

Yes, I only realised it after posting though... wink
Posted By: jfcwilson

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/06/13 04:20 AM

Looks excellent, I only hope that they won't follow White Birds tendancy for ludicrus puzzles! Even if this turns out to be the case, still will play cause I love the atmosphere and artful quality of their games.

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/21/13 02:28 AM

The website is now in English as well:

http://thedeadflowerscase.com

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/21/13 02:39 AM

Thanks rmt! Looking great!
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/21/13 04:17 PM

Well -- this one looks "interesting" lol
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/23/13 09:40 AM

How there be no plant life? Without plants there is no oxygen.

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/23/13 03:17 PM

Guybrush, as you can see, they all seem to be carrying their own supply. Also...it's a game. lol They can carry a ladder, toolbox and crowbars in their pants all at the same time. Anything is possible. grin

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/23/13 05:09 PM

Oh, oh, I know... If you boil water, when it reaches exactly 100 degrees, it all explodes and oxygen is produced. wink I bet we can expect such a puzzle in this one.
Posted By: Mary

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/23/13 06:31 PM

I never heard of "steampunk graphics" or anything "steampunk" before. What is it?

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/23/13 06:36 PM

I take it you didn't play Machinarium Mary?

A good description of Steampunk can be found here.

Ana wave

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 10/23/13 07:44 PM

No, I didn't play Machinarium. I started it long time ago and just didn't finish it.

Thanks for the link.

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 11/09/13 05:01 PM

The Dead Flowers Case Kickdstarter is now live.

You can access it Here.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 11/09/13 05:09 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre thumbsup
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 11/09/13 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Mary
I never heard of "steampunk graphics" or anything "steampunk" before. What is it?

One example is Syberia.
Steampunk combines what's thought of as 19th century technology (e.g. steam power, clockwork) with futuristic capabilities. Mechanisms that could never be powered by such 19th century technology in real life will function in a steampunk world. For example the clockwork train in Syberia -- or steam-powered telephones. These wouldn't work in real life, but work fine in a steampunk world.

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 11/09/13 06:07 PM

Okay, I've got it now! I LOVED Syberia and all the technology in it.

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 11/09/13 11:32 PM

Oh great! I just pledged $45, so I can be a beta tester. This is going to be exciting!

This is particularly extraordinary, and it is the future:

"...we've put in place a system for continuous cross-platform play ! Start playing on your PC, then continue investigating on your tablet; and finally, resume playing on your PC or Mac."

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 11/10/13 12:00 AM

Enjoy!

Ana wave

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 11/25/13 02:18 PM

The Kickstarter campaign has been canceled! Not enough visibility they say.

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 11/25/13 04:41 PM

That's a shame. sad
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Announcing a New Murder Mystery Adventure - The Dead Flowers Case - 11/26/13 08:52 PM

That's to bad. It looked like a great game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community