GB HOMEPAGE

Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/05/13 07:50 PM

Cliffhanger ending to Revolution’s greatest adventure – will be concluded January 2014

You can view screenshots here.

Quote:
Revolution Software has today confirmed that Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent’s Curse will release worldwide for PC on December 4th. In addition, the developer has revealed that this Broken Sword adventure will, unlike any before, run over two thrilling episodes, concluding in January 2014.

The game set crowdfunding records for a UK-developed game back in September 2012, when it raised $850,000 from 15,000 backers on Kickstarter. Those that pledged to receive a PC, Mac or Linux copy of the game will get each episode as it become available.

The first episode will debut on PC / Mac / Linux through Steam, GOG.com, and Revolution’s own website store on December 4th, with a PlayStation Vita version to follow later in the month. The concluding episode of the game will be published on PC in January 2014. iOS and Android versions will follow shortly after each PC episode.

“Whilst this is very much a classic Broken Sword game in terms of production values and sense of adventure, we’re really breaking new ground with The Serpent’s Curse,” says Charles Cecil, Founder & CEO, Revolution Software. “The success of our Kickstarter appeal has allowed us to be hugely ambitious – each episode is a full sized game in its own right. So we will be publishing two action-packed adventures in close succession. The response to those that have seen the game so far has been hugely positive – some suggesting that this is the best Broken Sword yet.”

When a mysterious painting is stolen during an armed raid on a Paris gallery, George Stobbart and Nico Collard are thrown, seemingly by chance, into the investigation together. From Paris to London and beyond, the trail becomes a race against time as dark forces from Europe's turbulent past are woken from their slumber. Broken Sword characters old and new are encountered - but who can George and Nico trust? The journey they are on reveals a conspiracy as old as the written word, whose ancient heresies will cause innocent blood to spill once more...

A classic point and click that feels utterly contemporary, Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent’s Curse has re-united key members from the Broken Sword team, with layout artists from studios such as Disney, Aardman, and Universal who have created sumptuous, classically drawn backgrounds. The rich, lavish HD art, evolves the art-style so loved in the previous Broken Sword games.

Episode 1 will be released on December 4th for PC, priced £9.99 per episode / £14.99 if both episodes are bought together. Price and release dates for other formats to be confirmed.

Broken Sword 5: the Serpent´s Curse - The Adventure Continues

About Broken Sword 5: the Serpent´s Curse

Paris in the spring. Shots ring out from a gallery…
A robbery – a murder – and the beginning of another epic, original Broken Sword adventure.

An adventure that will hurl intrepid lawyer George Stobbart and sassy journalist Nico Collard onto the trail of a murderous conspiracy forged in the cauldron of war-torn Europe. A conspiracy whose roots lie in mysteries older than the written word.

Armed only with logic, integrity and a wry sense of humour - can George and Nico outwit evil forces both ancient and modern and save mankind from disaster? From a Curse forged by the Devil himself?

Broken Sword is one of the world´s best loved adventure series, having been played by over 10 million players and earned exceptional reviews (including a Metacritic score of 91% for Broken Sword – Director’s Cut – iPhone). Broken Sword 5 – the Serpent’s Curse builds on this rich heritage.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/05/13 08:02 PM

Thank you, BrownEyedTigre. Absolutely looking forward to this !!!! dance dance dance
Posted By: Mr 2 u

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/05/13 08:06 PM

Woohoo very much looking forward to this one smile
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/05/13 08:19 PM

Kool...Thanks Ana

What is the price in American dollars?
Posted By: oldman

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/05/13 10:10 PM

Only a month to go. I can hardly wait.

Two episodes a month apart is better than 4 episodes stretching out over a year but I'm still not wild about episodic games.
Posted By: michele rose

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/05/13 10:22 PM

Good news, indeed ! happydance dance

Thanks for all the info.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/06/13 01:29 AM

WOW, this is great news, Ana. Thanks. I definitely will purchase both episodes at the same time.
Sandy
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/06/13 11:44 AM

Exciting News Ana!! Thanks!
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/06/13 06:48 PM

Thank you Ana. Been looking forward to this game for a long time.

Cathy devilchili
Posted By: vic

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/06/13 07:48 PM

Thanks for the good news!
Posted By: zak

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/06/13 11:08 PM

Im happy we get a date for release now, but on the other hand it just fells like, lets do the double fine way split it up in episodes cause people dident complain about broken age.
Posted By: margob

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/07/13 12:00 AM

although I don't like this trend of episodic games, I'm so excited about this yay

thank you Ana wave

margo
Posted By: gruffy

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/07/13 08:41 AM

Is it download or disc or both?

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/07/13 04:11 PM

There was an exclusive boxed version for those that pledged 100 dollars or more in the Kickstarter campaign. I only know of confirmed downloads at this time for all others. I do know the PS Vita will be download only and not retail.
Posted By: bermag45

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/07/13 06:51 PM

Thanks Ana, great news. I just cannot wait to get to grips with that goat again after it made such a fool of me many years ago! wave thumbsup

Bernie happydance
Posted By: lynthorpe

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/08/13 04:40 PM

Yaaay! Tho I'm not generally wild about episodic games as the episodes are always short, this sounds good. Full length episode gives you something to get your teeth into. Short ones have the feel of a casual game. Really looking forward to this one. thumbsup
Posted By: maggsie

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/10/13 12:03 PM

Great news Ana ,is it just download or cd? Cant wait. A very merry Christmas Yeah!!!
Maggsie
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/10/13 03:56 PM

Hi Maggsie,

Ana posted this just a few posts ago:

There was an exclusive boxed version for those that pledged 100 dollars or more in the Kickstarter campaign. I only know of confirmed downloads at this time for all others. I do know the PS Vita will be download only and not retail.

smile

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/10/13 08:08 PM

Thanks Rushes. Where will I have to go for the download? I guess it will be with that crazy company "Steam" I always have bother with games involving them.
Regards
Maggsie

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/10/13 08:44 PM

maggsie, the info you are looking for is in the press release in the first post.

Ana wave

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/14/13 08:07 PM

Thanks Anna checked it out,Roll on the 4th
Maggsie
Posted By: dragonuk44

Broken Sword - 11/24/13 02:33 PM

Hello just wondered where you can buy the new Broken Sword from thanx
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/24/13 02:48 PM

I believe episode 1 will be released on the 4th December, and episode 2 in January 2014. Available from Steam and GOG. Can't find anything about a box version, only download. wave
Posted By: traveler

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/24/13 05:08 PM

Upsydaisy,

Backers at the $100 level get a boxed special edition of the game.
Could be they'll offer it for sale later if digital sales of Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse take off.

Gil.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse: Episode One to release December 4th 2013 - 11/24/13 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Upsydaisy
I believe episode 1 will be released on the 4th December, and episode 2 in January 2014. Available from Steam and GOG. Can't find anything about a box version, only download. wave

If the game is DRM FREE, you'll be able to burn both episodes to disk - which is what I intend to do happydance
© 2024 GameBoomers Community