GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing Murder One: Mars - A classic Point and Click Adventure game

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing Murder One: Mars - A classic Point and Click Adventure game - 11/08/13 05:09 PM

A story driven point and click Murder Mystery Adventure Game in space. Think: "Agatha Christie set in Downton Abbey, on Mars."

You can view the Kickstarter here for more info.

Quote:
Murder One: Mars is the first of a trilogy of point and click games set in space. Inspired by the classic Sierra and Lucas Arts; specifically inspired by the games Broken Sword (1&2), Grim Fandango and Beneath a Steel Sky. M1M will be a visually stunning and fun to play Sci-Fi game that is easy to play but hard to put down. Featuring a colorful collection of aristocratic characters confined in the space station on Mars until the murderer(s) is discovered.

Owing as much by classic murder mysteries (Agatha Christie, Patricia Highsmith, Stieg Larsson et al) as to games, the intention is to create a story-driven game with a sharp and witty script.

The script will be Written By Philip Brand an Award winning stand up comic with 10 years working in the comedy field under his belt. The focus will be on dry witty humor and one liners, not on slap stick or running gags.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing Murder One: Mars - A classic Point and Click Adventure game - 11/08/13 05:16 PM

Thanks, Ana. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing Murder One: Mars - A classic Point and Click Adventure game - 11/08/13 07:33 PM

Think: "Agatha Christie set in Downton Abbey, on Mars."

How mind boggling is that ???? lol

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre smile
Posted By: margob

Re: Announcing Murder One: Mars - A classic Point and Click Adventure game - 11/08/13 10:13 PM

thanks Ana smile

margo
Posted By: sanford

Re: Announcing Murder One: Mars - A classic Point and Click Adventure game - 11/09/13 04:36 AM

Thanks, Ana. Looks interesting
Sandy
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Announcing Murder One: Mars - A classic Point and Click Adventure game - 11/09/13 08:33 AM

Thank you, Ana. wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Announcing Murder One: Mars - A classic Point and Click Adventure game - 11/09/13 11:01 AM

Not sure about this one Ana. headscratch Thanks.
Posted By: rmt

Re: Announcing Murder One: Mars - A classic Point and Click Adventure game - 11/09/13 11:55 PM

I am trying to pledge, but for some reason it does not go to the Amazon Payment page. I have to give my credit card details. Is it normal on Canadian Kickstarter projects?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Announcing Murder One: Mars - A classic Point and Click Adventure game - 11/10/13 12:05 AM

I'm not sure rmt.

Ana wave
Posted By: rmt

Re: Announcing Murder One: Mars - A classic Point and Click Adventure game - 11/10/13 12:17 AM

Oh well, I gave my card details. It is a bit annoying because I will be charged an extra pound for this international transaction. That is why Amazon Payment is better.

Seems like a great project. They only had to mention Agatha Christie, but when they mentioned Downton Abbey, and in a sci-fi universe, I simply cannot resist.
Posted By: oldman

Re: Announcing Murder One: Mars - A classic Point and Click Adventure game - 11/11/13 03:59 PM

Well I contributed but I'm not sure they are going to meet their goal. I asked about the trilogy and was informed that this is not episodic but rather 3 full games so it appears that when you pledge you are just pledging for the first of a planned trilogy.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community