GB HOMEPAGE

Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 03:36 PM

George and Nico embark on their greatest adventure yet!

Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One now available on Steam and GOG.com

You can view the Screenshots here.

Quote:
BAFTA award-winning game designer Charles Cecil and Revolution Software have today released the first episode of their most ambitious Broken Sword title to date.
Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse: Episode One is now available on PC, Mac and Linux, priced $24.99, €22.99, £18.99 for both episodes.

The game sees the series return to point and click for the first time since Broken Sword 2 – to the genre in which Revolution has truly excelled. Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent’s Curse has re-united key members from the original Broken Sword team, with layout artists from studios such as Disney, Aardman, and Universal who have created sumptuous, classically drawn backgrounds. The rich, lavish HD art, evolves the art-style so loved in the previous Broken Sword games.

When a mysterious painting is stolen during an armed raid on a Paris gallery, George Stobbart and Nico Collard are thrown, seemingly by chance, into the investigation together. From Paris to London and beyond, the trail becomes a race against time as dark forces from Europe's turbulent past are woken from their slumber. Broken Sword characters old and new are encountered - but who can George and Nico trust? The journey they are on reveals a conspiracy as old as the written word, whose ancient heresies will cause innocent blood to spill once more...

“This has been a labour of love not just for us here at Revolution but the entire Broken Sword community too,” says Charles Cecil, founder, Revolution Software. “We have been privileged to be able to make the game we’ve wanted to thanks to the generous support of our Kickstarter supporters, who really have given us the freedom to take the series to new heights.

“But this is only the beginning – we’ve a concluding episode due early next year which will complete the story of what I hope will be seen as our most ambitious Broken Sword game ever. We’re really excited to finally unveil the start of George and Nico’s greatest adventure.”

Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse: Episode One is available now for PC, Linux and Mac from Steam and GOG.com, priced £18.99. A PlayStation Vita version will be available shortly, with iOS, Android, and other formats to follow in the new year.

About Broken Sword 5: the Serpent´s Curse
Paris in the spring. Shots ring out from a gallery…

A robbery… a murder… and the beginning of another epic, original Broken Sword adventure.
From multi-award winning Revolution Software comes the latest explosive episode in this classic series. Playing as intrepid American George Stobbart and sassy French journalist Nico Collard, you find yourself on the trail of a stolen painting – and a murderous conspiracy. A conspiracy whose roots lie in mysteries older than the written word...

Armed only with logic, integrity and a wry sense of humour - can George and Nico save mankind from disaster?

Can you solve the secret of the Serpent’s Curse? A curse forged by the Devil himself...
Broken Sword is one of the world´s best loved adventure series, having been played by over 10 million players and earned exceptional reviews (including a Metacritic score of 91% for Broken Sword – Director’s Cut – iPhone). Broken Sword 5 – the Serpent’s Curse builds on this rich heritage.

About Revolution
Founded in 1990, Revolution is a world-leading developer / publisher of narrative-driven adventure computer games, with titles such as the Broken Sword series, which has earned over $100 million at retail, Beneath a Steel Sky and numerous major licenses. The company is a pioneer of digital publishing, and in 2011 ‘Broken Sword’ went to #1 on the Apple App store in every major European territory, achieved 5 million downloads, and was one of the world’s top 10 most Tweeted keywords.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 03:39 PM

Thanks, Ana. I am looking forward to hearing what players think of this game. thumbsup wave
Posted By: ritchiesbabe

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 03:51 PM

This is great news but what are the specs please and how big is the game to download as I might have to delete some stuff to make space. Thanks
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 04:03 PM

Thanks, Ana wave
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 04:03 PM

Minimum:
Processor: 1.6 GHz
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 256 MB
Hard Drive: 3 GB available space
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: ritchiesbabe
This is great news but what are the specs please and how big is the game to download as I might have to delete some stuff to make space. Thanks

The specs are:

Minimum system requirements: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8, 1 GHz Processor (1.4 GHz recommended), 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended), 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended), Mouse, Keyboard.

Minimum system requirements (Mac): OS X 10.6.8 or later. Processor: Intel Core Duo 2GHz+ Memory: 1GB of RAM Graphics: 256MB of video memory Recommended two-button mouse, or Apple mouse with Secondary Button / Secondary Click enabled.

Download size is 3.9 GB.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 04:49 PM

I preordered mine but when I go to GOG it just says coming soon.
Posted By: maggsie

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 04:50 PM

Thanks Ana I have been trying all day and GOG.Com said its not available for 3 hours. that was 2 hours ago.I have tried to download as I am new to this I may be getting it wrong. I have installed their downloader and then I have clicked on the aviator and wallpaper stuff and it fills up and then I don't know what else to do. There is a resume all and a pause all and a clear button .I cant see any install game icon at all.
I hope I have explained this right
Regards
Maggsie

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 04:56 PM

It's coming today. This was the release schedule: Wednesday - 5pm GMT, 6pm European Central, 9am US Eastern

It's just a little late.

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 05:00 PM

Thanks Ana I thought I was doing something wrong.
Cheers
Maggsie
Posted By: kjos

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 06:21 PM

The game is ready to download from GoG. Go for it everybody.
Richard
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 06:32 PM

The spec on Steam are different to what you posted Rushes. Unless I totally missread them:-)
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 06:55 PM

I took the specs from GOG. smile
Posted By: oldman

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 07:13 PM

Well I'm a backer and waiting for my email from Revolution to download the thing. You can buy it right now on GOG.com but no code from Revolution for the backers, bummer!

I am also on the site for the live video chat and it's supposed to start in 20 minutes. Never been in one of these so don't really know how it works.

The email they sent for the live chat gave a password but the only way I could log in was with my facebook account so the whole thing seems a little unorganized for my taste.

Update: went directly to the rewards site on revolution and got my code and am downloading as I type. when you go there you are given the choice of Steam or GOG.

Posted By: traveler

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 07:46 PM

I guess I got lucky, oldman.
I've already downloaded the game.
I had a brief problem signing in and getting onto the Rewards page but after that it was all smooth sailing.
The GOG download took about ten minutes with my connection.
I'm reading on the chat that there are problems with Steam and Win 7 and that the Mac version isn't complete on Gog.
I don't know about Mac on Steam.

Don't bother waiting for an email. Just go to your Rewards page.

Gil.

Oh, man, it's installed and it's beautiful!
Playing just fine even though I've got three or four websites open on Opera. lol
I had to back out and let you know.

Oh, heck, my apologies for stacking.

Gil.

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 08:04 PM

Gil how did you install the game I couldn't figure out how. I have a lot of games from GoG and never had any trouble installing.

I found out where the game went.
Richard

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 08:09 PM

Richard,

I didn't do anything differently. I went to the BS5 folder in GOG Downloads and clicked on Application.
(Actually, I think it says Setup.)

Then I checked the box that said I'd read the Eula, which I hadn't, and hit Launch the game.

In case it means anything, I'm playing with Win 7 Pro, 64 bit.

Ummm...did you get it from Steam?
I'm seeing on the Chat at Revolution that people are having problems starting the game with Steam.
Revolution says they're working on it.
Ah, well, dumb me.
You said you got it from GOG.

Gil.

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 08:59 PM

What a great game Gil,
Richard
Posted By: sanford

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 09:24 PM

I just downloaded and installed Episode 1 from GOG and it's looking REAL good. Enjoy the game, fellow Boomers.
Sandy

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/04/13 09:32 PM

Episode 2 is not available yet Sandy. Enjoy the game!

Ana wave

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/05/13 02:00 AM

I am loving this game so far. I've had to use the hint button a couple of times,but that's because I'm an impatient person. I like to know the answer right away. Most times I figure it out myself. Have fun.

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/05/13 02:06 AM

Casual game achievements?
Is that what those popups are?
By default?
Aargh!

Gil.

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/05/13 02:24 AM

What do you mean Gil ?

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/05/13 02:51 AM

Those things that slide out from the right side of the screen, Cathy1.

Gil.
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/05/13 08:09 AM

Yes - they are Steam Achievements.

Something to aim for after you've played through it once. laugh

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/05/13 08:49 PM

Downloaded from GOG no problem I was so impatient I tried all day. Didn't know I had to wait till 6 o'clock till Ana told me. Playing a dream just wish it was like the third one. The Sleeping Dragon that was my favourite of all time must have played it so many times . Thanks for all your help and your advice on GOG, great site.
Regards
Maggsie
Posted By: Mad

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/05/13 09:25 PM

I have Part 1 now but I'm waiting for Part 2 as well before I start to play ....

My HUGE treat for the New Year !! rah rah bravo

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/06/13 12:10 AM

What a great game, Mad. I think it's the best of all of the other games. Everything works perfect even the saves. I think you should start playing it now. So far I've got 5 hrs into the game. Don't know how much longer. I've used a few of the hints and they helped out a lot.
Richard
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/06/13 12:53 AM

Got the game installed and ready to have fun! happydance

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/06/13 01:39 AM

Let me know what you think of the game kazzmo.
Richard

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/06/13 04:39 AM

kjos smile I like to have "all parts" intact before I start a game. And anyway, the waiting is good for self discipline !! rotfl
Posted By: Melia

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/06/13 08:43 PM

What do you think of the game so far? Many on the Revolution forum thought it was slow moving and not very good in the story line. For all that "Sleeping Dragon" irritated the heck out of me with the timed sequences and action spots, I find I liked it a lot better than this latest installment in the series. It was my favorite but I hate playing the action scenes so will not go back to it for a while.

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/06/13 09:06 PM

Ha.
I posted in Reviews before you got moved over here, Melia.
See what you think of what I said and maybe add some more thoughts of your own.
I am sure not everyone will agree with me, though I can't imagine why not. grin

Gil.
Posted By: Melia

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/06/13 09:50 PM

Traveler, I looked in Boomer Reviews and on the front page reviews and couldn't find anything for this game. Where did you post?

Edit: found it.

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/07/13 03:50 PM

Just finished the first episode and you are right Mad It would have been better to have both episodes on hand first. Why did they do it in two it seems very short this first one. I hope the second is longer.
Maggsie

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/07/13 04:07 PM

I hope you enjoyed it all the same, maggsie think

And at least the final part should be out in only a very few weeks.
Not like some episodic games where we often have to wait a loooooooooooong time wink

And we are being presented with a much longer game (in total) than first anticipated rah

I'm really looking forward to it smile
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/07/13 06:12 PM

I'm waiting for both parts too Mad before I buy! happydance

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/07/13 06:50 PM

thumbsup smile

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/07/13 06:57 PM

Yes Mad I enjoyed it but I have never finished a game so quick, it seemed so easy this time. I will have to take my time with the next one.
Regards
Maggsie

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/08/13 02:52 PM

Yes. I do think some parts were easier, maggsie. It felt like a kind of Adventure/Casual hybrid to me.
But I did like that you could change from Adventure to Casuals at will (via Options) and take advantage of the "skip this puzzle" if one was driving you mad !! yay

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/08/13 03:11 PM

Thanks Mad I forgot about choice option I think I will play the casual now. I miss George's and Nico's expression's though, in the Sleeping Dragon their faces were a picture sometimes. When they were creeping up on Susarro in the Armillary what a hoot and the puzzles were just mega.
Not to worry, just maudlin down memory lane LOL
Maggsie
Posted By: marie

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/09/13 07:25 PM

Downloaded the game from Steam but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Maybe tonight rah

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/10/13 03:22 AM

Hey, Mad,

I thought you were going to wait and play both parts together. smile
Adventure to Casual in Options? I must have missed that.

Gil.

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/10/13 03:52 AM

A big Ooooops from me !! I was talking about the two-part Dracula game, traveler, and have no idea how I came to post on THIS thread woozy

[I've not played any of Broken Sword 5 Part One.]

Very sorry about that, maggsie slapforehead

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/10/13 04:27 AM

Lol! I've made more than one enormous Ooops! in my time, Mad, so think nothing of it but you had me going for a minute there. grin

Gil.

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/10/13 09:52 AM

What a hoot Not to worry it got me playing it again LOL
Maggsie

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/10/13 04:11 PM

I wish I could blame my lapse on the overdoing of Christmas celebrations - but obviously I can't .... YET !!!! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: ritchiesbabe

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/11/13 03:24 AM

It did seem very short now a bit disappointed if I'm honest. I wish I hadn't clicked a couple of hints on now as it would have lasted longer.

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/11/13 04:36 AM

Supposedly the two parts together will make one very long game.
Somehow, I don't think so.

Gil.

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/11/13 03:35 PM

Well I'm looking forward to it - long, short or whatever !! penguin penguin penguin
Posted By: oldman

Re: Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse Episode One Now Available - 12/11/13 06:44 PM

Well I finished episode 1 and, despite the lags and the shortness of the episode, am pretty pleased with the overall game. I rather wish that I had more patience and could have waited to play until both episodes were released but Oh well.

I like the way they go back to the roots of the original rather than try to do another BS3 and/or BS4.

I'm looking forward to finishing the game with Episode 2 and, once it's released, will probably start from scratch and play them from beginning to end.

Maybe by that time they will have fixed the lagging in the voices who knows?
© 2024 GameBoomers Community