GB HOMEPAGE

Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders"

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/04/13 03:42 PM

Poirot returns in the new Agatha Christie: The A.B.C. Murders.

Quote:
Montreuil (France). December 3, 2013.
French gaming publisher Microïds has announced that The A.B.C Murders is to be the first title in a series of adventure games inspired by the work of Agatha Christie. This follows the announcement at the European Gamescom conference 2013 that Acorn Productions had licensed Agatha Christie publishing rights, in a deal brokered by IRM.

In The A.B.C. Murders, the player becomes Hercule Poirot, the most famous of Agatha Christie’s detectives. He or she will have to solve one of the most intricate cases the Belgian investigator ever faced. In a 3rd person perspective game, the player will have to collect clues from the crime scene, check alibis and confront witnesses and suspects to catch the serial killer known only as A.B.C.

The story starts with Hercule Poirot receiving typed letters signed by A.B.C. giving the date and location of the next murder. A.B.C. is working his way through the alphabet, leaving an ABC railroad guide with each victim: Alice Ascher is a tobacco shop owner killed in her shop in Andover, Betty Barnard is a flirtatious waitress killed in Bexhill and Sir Carmichael Clarke is a wealthy man killed at home in Churston. Why would A.B.C. write to Poirot instead of the Scotland Yard or any reputable newspaper? With Britain panicking, the fate of the nation is now in the player’s hands!

According to Guinness World Records, Agatha Christie (1890 – 1976) is the most successful novelist of all time. Known as the Queen of Crime, she specialized in locked room thrillers and classic whodunit mysteries. Her 66 novels, 154 short stories and 20 plays have been translated worldwide more than 7000 times. And Then There Were none, Death on the Nile and Murder on the Orient-Express are just some of the many titles that have been adapted for film and TV.

The A.B.C. Murders adventure game is due to be released first on PC, Mac, iOS and Android.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: ritchiesbabe

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/04/13 03:47 PM

This sounds great if they are anything like the other games. Played that abc murders on the ds that was absolute rubbish. Maybe cos I couldn't solve most of the puzzles tho haha.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/04/13 04:00 PM

Thanks, Ana. smile
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/04/13 04:02 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/04/13 04:42 PM

Thanks Ana. smile

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/04/13 04:46 PM

First post now updated.

Ana
Posted By: Adam Beals

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/05/13 01:46 AM

Nice - Thanks for the news Anna!
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/05/13 06:15 AM

Ah, excellent news, with Poirot the TV series having ended, this will make a good addition. I remember a few years back there was supposed to be a game called ABC Murders and some box art already released at some point:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Butcher_ss/g37587i7n2p.jpg
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/05/13 08:40 AM

Fantastic!!!! happydance dance
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/05/13 11:09 AM

Great news Ana! Thanks!
Posted By: rmt

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/05/13 02:37 PM

Yes, the Nintendo DS edition was horrible. And of all the TV series with Poirot, A.B.C. Murders, in my opinion, was one of the most boring episodes.

Perhaps it is time for this particular novel to receive the Microïds treatment it deserves, and I have great hopes the new game will be worth it. There is potential here for this to happen.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/05/13 03:57 PM

Thanks, Ana. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/05/13 09:29 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre !! Definitely interested in this one grin
Posted By: k28d13j11

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/05/13 10:18 PM

Hello,
i would like to know when this game is coming out.
thanks
kathy

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/05/13 10:21 PM

All we know right now is what is in the press release. When they update we will be sure and post it.

Ana wave
Posted By: k28d13j11

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/06/13 12:15 AM

Thank you. i have always been a big Agatha Christe and and Poirot fan. so I can't wait.
kathy
Posted By: marissa830

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 12/09/13 08:33 AM

Thanks for the info
Posted By: Kate Walker

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 06/08/14 04:22 PM

Anuman Interactive/Microids published the following press release in December 2013:
Quote:
Montreuil (France). December 3, 2013.
French gaming publisher Microïds has announced that The A.B.C Murders is to be the first title in a series of adventure games inspired by the work of Agatha Christie. This follows the announcement at the European Gamescom conference 2013 that Acorn Productions had licensed Agatha Christie publishing rights, in a deal brokered by IRM.
In The A.B.C. Murders, the player becomes Hercule Poirot, the most famous of Agatha Christie’s detectives. He or she will have to solve one of the most intricate cases the Belgian investigator ever faced. In a 3rd person perspective game, the player will have to collect clues from the crime scene, check alibis and confront witnesses and suspects to catch the serial killer known only as A.B.C.
The story starts with Hercule Poirot receiving typed letters signed by A.B.C. giving the date and location of the next murder. A.B.C. is working his way through the alphabet, leaving an ABC railroad guide with each victim: Alice Ascher is a tobacco shop owner killed in her shop in Andover, Betty Barnard is a flirtatious waitress killed in Bexhill and Sir Carmichael Clarke is a wealthy man killed at home in Churston. Why would A.B.C. write to Poirot instead of the Scotland Yard or any reputable newspaper? With Britain panicking, the fate of the nation is now in the player’s hands!

http://www.anuman-interactive.com/en/pre...adventure-game/

Does anybody know, if they build the game from scratch or use the partially produced game by AWE or even if AWE will produce those games for Microids/Anuman?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 06/08/14 04:41 PM

That's a good question, and I don't have the answer. Maybe someone else will know more. wave

Re: Microïds Announces Agatha Christie's "The A.B.C Murders" - 06/08/14 04:54 PM

AWE Productions is no longer so I would doubt that they have a part in this. I would also think they would start from scratch since the original works are over 5 years old and they'd need to be updated. I will shoot an email to Anuman and let you know what they say.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community