GB HOMEPAGE

Broken Age

Posted By: Mystic Falls

Broken Age - 02/20/14 06:08 AM

This is a new adventure game that has just been released (28 January 2014)A friend gifted it to me via Steam. I had never heard of it but checked and it is made by Tim Schafer who did Grim Fandango back in 1998. Official site here http://www.brokenagegame.com/
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Broken Age - 02/20/14 03:52 PM

Thanks, Mystic!

There was a recent thread about the game HERE.

Hope you enjoy the game.
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Broken Age - 02/20/14 04:42 PM

Is this game any good? The childlike look of it has put me off somewhat.
Posted By: traveler

Re: Broken Age - 02/20/14 05:40 PM

Who can say?
The entire game isn't out yet.
What you have is access to "Part One" and the promise of another part coming along sometime in the future.
There are criticisms, such as yours, of the candy box art work with which I happen to concur.
There are criticisms about the difficulty of the puzzles, which seems to be very low; you're unlikely to strain your brain on them.
On the other hand, the game so far has been described as "charming".
The voice work has been praised to the skies.
The lack of a way to "look" at things (via a verb coin or right click) might bother you but it might not.
Since you've gotten this as a gift and assuming you don't mind using Steam, you could just go ahead and play the portion of the game you've already gotten and consider it a sample taste.
Evidently, Part One is short.

Gil.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Broken Age - 02/20/14 05:47 PM

There were some interesting discussions of it over at ***AdventureGamers forum***. They had a couple of threads about it, one of which is currently 65 pages long, discussing things like parallels between the two worlds, how they might be connected, etc. There's probably more to the game than what you can see from the screenshots. But apparently it is not very challenging puzzlewise -- at least not in Part 1.

I won't be playing the Steam version, but I might buy it if the entire game shows up on GOG.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Broken Age - 02/20/14 11:22 PM

"I won't be playing the Steam version, but I might buy it if the entire game shows up on GOG."

That's my plan, too, Jenny100 grin
Posted By: sanford

Re: Broken Age - 02/21/14 06:34 AM

Ditto for ME, Mad and Jenny.
Sandy
Posted By: ipad_Lover

Re: Broken Age - 02/22/14 02:02 PM

I myself would rather buy the complete game. I am looking forward to it. The art I can live with - I find the story compelling and the characters engaging and that means the world to me.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community