GB HOMEPAGE

Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 02/20/14 04:45 PM

Kickstarted Adventure Game from Gabriel Knight® Creator Coming From New Video Game Publisher Phoenix Online Publishing

Check out the Trailer here.

You can view the Screenshots here.

For more info, you can check out the Official website here.

Quote:
LANCASTER, PA (February 20, 2014) – Jane Jensen has entered into an agreement with Phoenix Online Publishing, the new independent publishing division of Phoenix Online Studios, to release her upcoming adventure game Moebius: Empire Rising™ for PC and Mac on April 15, 2014. Moebius: Empire Rising is the veteran designer’s first adventure game since 2010’s Gray Matter, and the first she has completely overseen since Gabriel Knight® 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned in 1999. This publishing deal marks the culmination of a successful collaboration between Jensen—the game’s writer, designer, and creative director—and Phoenix Online, who developed the game under her supervision.

In Moebius: Empire Rising, players will step into the shoes of Malachi Rector, a high-end antiquities dealer with a photographic memory, a genius for history, and an uncanny talent for discerning genuine artifacts from cheap knock-offs. At the request of a secretive government agency, Malachi flies to Venice to determine whether a recently-murdered woman resembles any particular figure in history. Why would the U.S. government offer him $50,000 to perform this odd job? Why does a stranger he meets randomly in the desert seem like someone he’s known all his life? And how come every time Malachi lets down his guard, someone tries to kill him?

In the layered mystery of Moebius: Empire Rising, players will travel the globe with Malachi and his bodyguard, former special forces operative David Walker, to analyze suspects, make historical connections, and piece together clues to uncover a conspiracy the U.S. government and other covert agencies will defend at any cost. A modern adventure game styled in the vein of recent Sherlock Holmes and James Bond thrillers, it merges classic point-and-click puzzle solving with Malachi’s unique deductive powers and the sophisticated storytelling Jensen’s games are known for.

“After two years in development, I’m excited to bring Moebius: Empire Rising to market,” said Jane Jensen, head of game developer Pinkerton Road. “I’ve worked closely with Phoenix throughout development, and I know they love this game as much as I do. I’m pleased to have them handling the publishing end so I can focus on writing and designing more games.”

Since raising funding for Moebius: Empire Rising through a 2012 Kickstarter campaign, Jensen has kept backers informed of the game’s progress with monthly updates, playable beta builds, and an open house at her home studio on Pinkerton Road farm in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. In return, her biggest fans have had an unparalleled opportunity to see and participate in the adventure’s development, with much of their feedback directly influencing the final game.

“Working with Jane, one of gaming’s most accomplished storytellers, has been an incredible experience from the perspective of both a fan and partner,” said Cesar Bittar, CEO of Phoenix Online Studios. “We’re thrilled to help bring her new series of paranormal thrillers to life – and even more thrilled to bring to one of 2014’s most-anticipated titles straight to gamers worldwide.”

Following its April 15 debut on PC and Mac, Moebius: Empire Rising will release for Linux and iPad and Android tablets later in 2014. Learn more about Moebius at http://www.moebiusthegame.com.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 02/20/14 04:48 PM

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 02/20/14 04:50 PM

Thanks, Ana. April 15th isn't that far away. happydance
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 02/20/14 04:56 PM

Thanks for the update, Ana.
Posted By: marie

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 02/20/14 05:39 PM

Another Jane Jensen adventure is something to look forward to for Spring dance

Thanks, Ana
Posted By: Mad

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 02/20/14 11:20 PM

Thanks for that news, BrownEyedTigre happydance
Posted By: mcc

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 02/21/14 01:51 AM

Thanks, Ana.

I'll be getting it as soon as possible devilchili
Posted By: sanford

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 02/21/14 06:28 AM

YAY! It's almost here. Thanks for this great news, Ana.
Sandy
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 02/21/14 03:19 PM

Thanks for the update
Posted By: venus

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 02/21/14 10:27 PM

Thanks for the update, Ana! woot I got the e-mail with the update, and I ordered the big box version through Kickstarter, so I'm very much looking forward to the release. grin happydance
Posted By: ipad_Lover

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 02/22/14 01:59 PM

I just love all of her games - I'm really looking forward to this one.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 02/23/14 11:53 AM

I watched the video and checked out the screenshots. Looks fantastic Ana! Thanks for the update.
Posted By: gruffy

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 02/25/14 12:14 PM

good news! is it download only?

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 02/25/14 04:13 PM

I know that those that pledged 100 dollars or more on Kickstarter are getting a physical copy of the game, but I have not yet heard of one available for all yet.

Ana wave
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 02/25/14 10:40 PM

You had me at Jane Jensen. thanks Ana. thumbsup
Posted By: GBC

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 02/26/14 02:40 PM

Thanks Ana, woot Spring is looking better and better.

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 03/02/14 05:18 PM

Jane Jensen's games are great!

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 03/27/14 02:58 PM

PreOrders start today. If you preorder now you get 20% off and you can download immediately the Moebius music soundtrack (mp3) here.

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 03/27/14 05:21 PM

Nice !!!! Thanks, BrownEyedTigre grin
Posted By: fov

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 03/27/14 06:54 PM

A demo was released today too!

PC: http://www.postudios.com/moebius-pc-demo
Mac: http://www.postudios.com/moebius-mac-demo
Posted By: mcc

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 03/27/14 07:02 PM

Downloading the Demo yay

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 03/27/14 07:44 PM

Thanks fov!

Ana wave

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/01/14 11:07 PM

I can hardly wait for this one. I played the DEMO and I pre-ordered the full version from GOG.
Sandy
Posted By: SuMac

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/02/14 12:18 AM

Does anyone know how big the download file for the full game is? I only have DSL internet connection and any file bigger than 1 GB takes hours to download. When I recently download the new re-vamped Real Myst I had to let my computer run all night, but I got it. I'm sure Moebius must be several GB's ?????

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/02/14 09:52 PM

SuMac, it is at least 1.8 GB.

Ana wave

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/02/14 11:20 PM

Thanks Ana, I can probably handle that. It might mean starting it later in the evening and letting it run all night. My internet connection is so wimpy, if I'm down loading something on one of my computers I can't use any of my other electronic devices, even if I'm not on the Internet.

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/03/14 04:24 AM

I'm glad to hear that will work for you!

Ana wave
Posted By: rmt

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/03/14 06:46 AM

SuMac, only a DSL connection? Is there someone here with a connection faster than that?

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/03/14 09:44 PM

I shall start downloading it for this weekend!

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/04/14 12:02 AM

RMT, I could go with Comcast for my internet, which is a lot faster, but also more expensive. I'd also have to have a Comcast technician come to my house to rewire everything, reset-up my email, my router, my modem, all my passwords, etc. I'll have to wait until I'm really desperate before I go through all that.
Posted By: rmt

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/04/14 01:23 PM

I meant to say, surely DSL is fast enough? After that it is too costly for its worth. Unless of course your DSL connection is slower than usual?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/06/14 02:43 PM

DSL speeds can be as slow as 128 kbps in some areas, though I think 256 kbps is usually the lowest speed offered. If you buy a DSL subscription that's faster than what your telephone lines can support, it will disconnect all the time and end up slower than what you'd get with a subscription for a slower speed.

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/08/14 06:10 AM

Does anybody know where the SAVEGAMES for the MOEBIUS DEMO are kept on a WIN XP computer? They MIGHT be compatible with the coming FULL version of MOEBIUS.
Sandy
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/08/14 03:14 PM

If they're not in your My Documents folder or the folder where the demo is located, they may be somewhere in a subfolder of your Documents and Settings folder. Try running the demo, saving, and do a search by date and time for recently created or changed files.

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/08/14 09:12 PM

Thanks a lot, Jenny. I will just DO that.
Sandy
Posted By: fov

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/10/14 01:31 AM

Moebius saves are located here:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(Username)\Local Settings\Application Data\Phoenix Online Studios\Moebius
Windows Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8: C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\LocalLow\Phoenix Online Studios\Moebius

Windows hides this folder by default so you might not be able to find it by navigating to it. Try searching for the location with Windows Explorer.

Saves should work fine between the demo and the download version from Phoenix's store or GOG. If you plan to play on Steam you won't get credit for achievements etc. from the first two chapters (and I'm not sure if achievements will work properly after that).

(Full disclosure: I'm handling PR for this game!)

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/10/14 01:33 AM

THanks fov!

Ana wave

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/10/14 02:07 AM

Thank you SO much, Fov. MAYBE these saves I have will carry over to the FULL version. ( At least I hope so) Happy Gaming!
Sandy

P.S. If YOU, Fov, are handling the PR for this game, you're doing a GREAT job. Good Luck

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/14/14 04:04 AM

YAY! Two more days till the release of this game. I played the DEMO, and it runs very well on my "old" WIN XP computer. I have my copy pre-ordered from GOG. HAPPY GAMING, fellow BOOMERS.
Sandy
Posted By: oldman

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/14/14 07:35 PM

I just got my key and am downloading as I type this. It seems that if you download from Phoenix studios you can get it today but if you choose Steam or GOG you have to wait until tomorrow.

I had questioned them about when us backers would be getting our keys and they replied that I would get it today and I did and I am a happy camper. happydance yay taz

I'll be playing the full game as soon as the download finishes.

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/14/14 09:05 PM

That's great, oldman !! dance

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/14/14 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: oldman

I'll be playing the full game as soon as the download finishes.

Have fun! I look forward to hearing about what you think of the game. smile
Posted By: jachern

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/15/14 12:38 AM

I got my key for this game today because I am a Kickstarter backer. I am so excited to give the game a try!
Posted By: oldman

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/15/14 01:13 AM

Well here we go. I've played through what could be considered as the first part. I've interviewed my first policeman and have played enough to see how the game works.

All in all I like the graphics, however, the animation seems a little strange (when the main character walks). It may be because
Click to reveal..
he just got out of the hospital and is walking with a limp although I doubt it

It has a built in hint/tutorial system which I like. You can elect to use it or not. I think I am really going to enjoy the game but if you are inclined to compare it to Gabriel Knight, I wouldn't.

As far as the controls are concerned they are a lot like cognition.

Can't think of much else as I'm a little review impaired. lol crazy
Posted By: MaG

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/15/14 02:26 PM

Maybe because I have only memories of Gabriel Knight series - but I truly enjoyed Moebius.

The storyline is great. Kudos to Jane Jensen. She really has the touch and this is a story that applies to the modern world and the future. The voice acting is superb for both main characters. I enjoyed it as much as I did Syberia 1.

Graphics problem can be solved by playing with the video adjustments at the configuration screen.

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/15/14 02:41 PM

That sounds really good, MaG - I'm going to have to play Moebius. wave

Oldman, I hope you enjoy the game. smile

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/15/14 07:15 PM

OK, just downloaded MOEBIUS from GOG. The saves from the DEMO were applied to the FULL version. YAY! ENJOY!
Sandy
Posted By: mj2c

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/15/14 11:33 PM

Really enjoying it. This seems to be a more optimised version than the demo. In the demo I had to knock the resolution down to 1024x768 to stop the sluggishness but now I can play full res and everything is very smooth.

But dont let that stop me being a bit picky:-)
Given that Malachi is supposed to be English (he is isnt he?) -
No Englishman would ever call a mobile phone a cell phone, just doesn't happen.

Neither would he make reference to the Nixon administration as he does when he talks about the old car in the street in Cairo.

That's all Ive noticed in the first two chapters anyway.

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/16/14 04:34 AM

PICKY, PICKY, PICKY, mj2c LOL (couldn't resist)
Sandy
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Jane Jensen's Moebius: Empire Rising Releases April 15 For PC & MAC - 04/16/14 05:13 AM

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before or not but there is a 20% discount code if you get the game from the Phoenix Online Store:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1005365109/jane-jensens-pinkerton-road-2012-2013-csg/posts
© 2024 GameBoomers Community