GB HOMEPAGE

Stanley Parable

Posted By: mcc

Stanley Parable - 03/08/14 06:06 PM

There are very good reviews of Stanley Parable remake.

It is first-person perspective but is presented to the player by a "game's narrator", Stanley works in an office building monitoring a computer screen and has to press the right buttons. When screen goes blank. Stanley starts to explore the building finding no people in it.

There are choices to make than bring 6 different endings.

The game (guess the original not the remake) is sold in Steam which also has a free Demo.

I have not found any comments here about this game. Does anyone know about it?.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Stanley Parable - 03/08/14 06:13 PM

It is an interactive novel, not really a "game" that is why it isn't announced here. There are a lot of those out there.

You can check out the Official website here if you haven't already.

Ana wave

Re: Stanley Parable - 03/08/14 06:20 PM

Thank you Ana!

Yes, I have seen the Website.

It is listed in the Game Informer as the best adventure game, this is what caught my attention.

Posted By: Rushes

Re: Stanley Parable - 03/08/14 06:23 PM

I've watched a couple of Let's Plays of it on YouTube. The narrator is hilarious! The "gameplay" is repetitive, as it has a habit of sending you back to the beginning to start over, but that's part of the fun because the experience is a little different every time, depending on the choices that you make.

Re: Stanley Parable - 03/08/14 06:31 PM

mcc, if you play it be sure and let us know what you think!

Rushes, that sounds interesting!

Re: Stanley Parable - 03/17/14 05:19 PM

I played the Demo.

I did not like it thumbsdown, then I did not play the game.

I thought the Demo would be a part of the game itself but, for what I had seen in a WT video, it is not.

It has some kind of humor that I don't appreciate, however other player apparently do.

Re: Stanley Parable - 03/17/14 05:24 PM

Fortunately there are other games to play. Sorry this one didn't suit you.
Posted By: ipad_Lover

Re: Stanley Parable - 03/18/14 11:43 AM

This game has made many "Best of" lists - it is on my must play list.

Re: Stanley Parable - 03/20/14 06:42 PM

ipad_Lover, have you played the demo? Did you enjoy it?

I realize that the game is very different from the demo, will you post your ideas about the game when played?

Re: Stanley Parable - 03/21/14 10:40 AM

I have not played the demo, this game is inexpensive enough for me to just purchase based on reviews.

It is on my "to buy" list.

I have a few games in play right now, after they are complete I'll look into this one.

Re: Stanley Parable - 03/22/14 05:42 PM

Thanks ipad_lover,

I know it is inexpensive but I hate to leave games because I don't like them. The WT I found is from the previous edition that is not supposed to be as good.

Re: Stanley Parable - 03/23/14 10:38 AM

I tend to gamble on inexpensive games that get great reviews. Sometimes - like Gemini Rue it pays off.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community