GB HOMEPAGE

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/20/14 09:32 PM

You can view the Trailer here.

Check out the screenshots here.

You can check out the previous news Here.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

Posted By: Marian

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/21/14 01:06 AM

Thanks, Ana. happydance
Posted By: MaG

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/21/14 01:22 AM

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/21/14 02:49 AM

That was awesome. I never played this one originally.
Thanks Ana.
Cathy scared

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/21/14 03:06 AM

I think you'll like the game, Cathy. wave
Posted By: sanford

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/21/14 03:55 AM

WOW! Thanks, Ana. Any idea of the release date?
Sandy
Posted By: Mad

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/21/14 10:06 AM

What fantastic graphics !!!!

I guess I'll just HAVE to add this one to my already "filled to the top" box of versions of this game evil evil evil

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre smile
Posted By: ipad_Lover

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/21/14 10:37 AM

I will be getting this game day one.

Looks great!
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/21/14 10:54 AM

Thanks Ana. It looks fantastic!
Posted By: gruffy

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/21/14 10:57 AM

Thanks Ana!
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/21/14 01:37 PM

Thanks, Ana. smile
Posted By: marie

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/21/14 06:01 PM

Fantastic Ana, I have to get this game when it is released. rah
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/21/14 11:41 PM

The trailer looked great. Quite an upgrade from the original game graphics. Thanks Ana.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/22/14 09:09 AM

I'm very happy there's a 21st century version of Gabriel knight! I missed it the first time!

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/22/14 10:44 AM

This might even lead to a new GK game if it sells well.
Posted By: Gamer

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/22/14 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: ipad_Lover

This might even lead to a new GK game if it sells well.

That's what I hear.Im really looking forward to playing this again. The first time I played was on floppies and there were no voice overs so that will make quite a difference for me I think. Anyway I loved the game, its one of my all time favorites. smile
Posted By: traveler

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/22/14 04:20 PM

So, it doesn't bother anyone that Gabe looks so sweet and girlish and 'flat' in the remake?
Quite frankly, there's something wrong with the way his head is constructed, as if it were done by someone who isn't really very good at anatomy.
Take a look at the original portrait and the new one side by side.

It also interested me that there are no voices in that very brief trailer.
The developers must be expecting some blow back from the new voices; I can't think of another reason not to at least let us hear Gabe.

I'm always too critical, you may think, but I thoroughly enjoyed GK1 with it's messy, masculine, self-absorbed Gabe and I didn't and don't understand the need for a remake of an excellent game.
GK4 would be more to the point.

I know it's very unlikely to happen since Tim Shafer isn't the type, IMO, to go back and fix what doesn't need fixing or replace arguably the best ensemble voice acting ever, but if a "modern" version of Grim Fandango ever comes out you really will hear some squawking from me. grin

Gil.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/22/14 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: traveler
I thoroughly enjoyed GK1 with it's messy, masculine, self-absorbed Gabe

I love this description. lol

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/22/14 08:52 PM

Tim Curry had a stroke almost 2 years ago. I don't know if he'll be up to voicing this one.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/22/14 09:00 PM

Tim Curry can speak fine. He is having some difficulty moving around, but his voice and health is good.

You can check out his Official website here.

Ana wave

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/22/14 09:04 PM

Thanks Ana. Do you know if he's voicing this game ?

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/22/14 09:14 PM

No, per Jane Jensen, it was not cost effective to get the original actors and they are using Bay Area Sound as the voice studio. You will be hearing familiar voices from many Tell Tale games.

Ana wave

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/22/14 09:30 PM

Thanks again Ana. wave
Posted By: Gamer

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/22/14 10:20 PM

Though Im a fan of Tim Curry, Im glad he wont be voicing this game. His cajun accent in GK3 was awful. And I think many others felt the same way.

Just my opinion.

I personally thought the screen shots looked good. smile
Posted By: venus

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/22/14 11:17 PM

Wow, this game looks beautiful! happydance

As for the debate about Gabriel, I'm perfectly fine with his look and with him having a new voice. Plus, I believe they are using the same studio that TellTale uses, and they have fantastic voice actors. (I also have this dream about Melissa Hutchinson as Grace, though I know that's most likely not going to happen. lol) While I think Tim Curry is a great actor, I was never crazy about him as Gabriel. He seemed too obvious in his nature to me, more creepy and than sexy, and I wondered what it was that Malia saw in him. (I realize I'm probably in the minority on this. wink) The only time I was really attracted to Gabriel was in The Beast Within, and even then, I found Von Glower a lot more alluring and intriguing. Even so, I find Gabriel Knight to be one of the best written characters in adventure gaming, and a remake is not going to change that.

I also agree that the game didn't need a remake. In fact, I was hoping that Mystery Game X was a new Jane Jensen game, but now that I've seen the screenshots and heard about additional puzzles being added, I'm looking forward to this one even more than Moebius. thumbsup

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/23/14 12:09 AM

Hi Venus, I posted a few posts above you about the voice actors. You will indeed be hearing many of the same voices as in the Tell Tale games.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/23/14 12:47 AM

Ana, clearly I didn't read that post thoroughly enough. Sorry about that.slapforehead It still seems pretty unlikely that they'll use their most famous voice actress for Grace, but I can still hope. grin In any case, I have no worries about the voice acting if they're using Bay Area Sound. thumbsup
Posted By: oldman

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/23/14 05:22 AM

The trailer looks really good. I got the email about the trailer as well and it also included a really good trailer for Mobius which is also good.
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/23/14 07:13 AM

I'll definitely be picking up a copy. I still have the original game in its twin triangular box.
Posted By: rmt

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/23/14 08:27 AM

I do think GK1 needed a remake, because I sat a few times trying to play it, and every time I stopped because somehow I could not get into such an old game. And yet, I am one of the greatest fans of GK2 and especially 3, and I loved Tim Curry in that last one.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/23/14 11:43 AM

Well I feel an overwhelming need to re-iterate that I thought Tim Curry portrayed the best Gabriel Knight EVER and absolutely loved his "over the top" accent in the game evil evil evil

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/23/14 05:09 PM

Mad,

This may be the only thing on which we ever completely agree but High Five, sister! lol

Gil.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/23/14 08:37 PM

Rmt, Thorsgoats feels the same way, and sadly GK1 was also the only game he didn't care for, though I did "force" him to finish the whole thing so he would know the origin story before playing the other two. lol He also felt the same way I did about Tim Curry in GK1, though he liked him better in the third game. smile Needless to say, he is very interested in the remake and thinks it looks great.

Mad, don't get me wrong, I do think he did a great job, and I think he's a terrific actor in general. It just wasn't how I personally envisioned Gabriel. And no need to reiterate, as I think your opinion is the common one, and Thorsgoats and I are the "freaks." wink I know most people really loved him in that role, and I have no desire to take that away from anyone.

I suppose I just think of games more like plays than movies, if that makes any sense. In general, I think more than one actor can play a role very well, and the writing is what matters most. There are exceptions for me - Sarah Hamilton as April Ryan, Melissa Hutchinson as Clementine, Dominic Armato as Guybrush Threepwood - so I see how many people could be very attached to Tim Curry as Gabriel. I just think there are other actors who could also pull the role off well, and I'm not overly concerned about them using different actors, knowing that they've chosen a great studio to work with. smile

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/23/14 09:26 PM

Even if Tim curry did some voice work for Gabriel Knight I still can't get the sight of him dressed up in rocky horror out of my head! smile
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/23/14 09:49 PM

I've never played a Gabriel Knight game. I may have to buy this and see what all the fuss is about!

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/23/14 10:06 PM

Quote:
Even if Tim curry did some voice work for Gabriel Knight I still can't get the sight of him dressed up in rocky horror out of my head! smile

rotfl It just highlights his versatility. grin I also remember him as the villain in Annie. smile

Quote:
I've never played a Gabriel Knight game. I may have to buy this and see what all the fuss is about!

Hope you enjoy it, oldbroad! To this day, I still think it's one of the best games I've ever played. thumbsup

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/23/14 10:10 PM

Oldbroad, If you're looking to play a REAL adventure game, this is the one for YOU. I have played ALL of that series, but I'm looking forward to playing GK 1 again (in it's "new" form.) HAPPY GAMING!
Sandy

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/23/14 11:10 PM

When I first played GK3, I must admit I was dismayed that Dean Erickson was not the voice of Gabriel Knight. Since I never played the first one, for me Gabriel could only be Erickson. But then Tim Curry did such a great job of it, that he too became Gabriel Knight for me.

Venus, I do intend to play GK1, I think I will wait until after I played the remake. I believe I will then appreciate the nuances more. I hope I'm not wrong and should instead play it before.

And for me right now Tim Curry is Gomez Addams in Addams Family Reunion which I watched recently. It was such a disaster of a film, he is the only thing in it that made watching it bearable.

But he was excellent in Clue, and this is a film worth watching.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/24/14 12:12 AM

Rmt, I think you'll be fine, as the script for the game should be exactly the same. In fact, there will be new puzzles in the game, so in a way, you'll be getting more. smile Actually, it would be interesting to see the opinion of someone who has played the remake first. Maybe you'll become more attached to the new cast. smile Out of curiosity, which is your favorite of the two games you've played? Mine is definitely the second, followed by the third and then the first. They are all outstanding, though. smile

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/24/14 02:12 AM

I like the first the best. However, all three are very good.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/24/14 03:12 AM

For a very long time GK2 was me favourite, but in time I came to prefer GK3, playing it again every two years or so. I find it very soothing to go to France and investigate the country side, it is like a holiday each time I play it.

I intend to visit Rennes Le Château soon, and I already went to Germany to visit the Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria. However it was closed to visits and instead I visited the other castle right in front of it. Lovely place on New Year's Day, with snow and icicles everywhere.

That is dedication for you, how much these adventure games have become a part of my life.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/24/14 03:39 AM

We have a member at Mystery Manor who visited all the real locations he could in The Lost Crown and got photos of himself in them! It was amazing to see how perfectly the game reflected the real locations.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/24/14 01:08 PM

Mad,

This may be the only thing on which we ever completely agree but High Five, sister! lol

Gil.

rotfl rotfl rotfl
Posted By: Volkana

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/24/14 01:41 PM

That looks Amazing!!!

Can't wait happydance

Thanks Ana!!!

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/25/14 08:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
We have a member at Mystery Manor who visited all the real locations he could in The Lost Crown and got photos of himself in them! It was amazing to see how perfectly the game reflected the real locations.

I live 18 miles from the lost Crown locations and have been to all of them apart from one! The net hut and harbour cottage are very creepy!
Anhk will more likly be a better bet for any questions on lost crown locations!

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/25/14 11:42 AM

I too thought that Tim Curry was great, he really made the GK games 1 and 3 really special for me.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/25/14 06:51 PM

Gruffy,

What about locations for Barrow Hill?

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/25/14 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: rmt
Gruffy,

What about locations for Barrow Hill?

Yeah done those too. Some of the most scary places to be at night! :(
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/26/14 01:16 AM

That's exactly what Phlebas said about the harbour cottage, gruffy!

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/26/14 09:34 AM

Do you have the links?
Posted By: mignonne

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/27/14 09:41 AM

I can hardly wait for the Gabriel release.

I never could understand how Gabriel Knight
didn't translate to the big screen. Even the
small screen would be great. He is such a good
an interesting character.

Hopefully someday before 20 more years pass
we'll see Gabriel and Grace in a new adventure.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/27/14 11:33 AM

"I never could understand how Gabriel Knight
didn't translate to the big screen. Even the
small screen would be great. He is such a good
an interesting character.
"

And how fabulous could a film trilogy of Gabriel Knight prove to be ??
As good as the Indiana Jones series, in my opinion !! yay

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/27/14 02:21 PM

Better than Indiana Jones, because it would not be mindless action where Indiana sleeps just like that with the main heroine after a few insults have been exchanged. Have you seen the films recently? I was astonished at what we considered so great in the days. But hey, I guess it was very successful.

But a Gabriel Knight series would have real emotions in it, and more complicated relationships with more elaborate plots. It would be fantastic.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 03/27/14 05:42 PM

Well, a lot would, of course, depend on who got to direct the films, which actors played the vital roles and no doubt many other factors besides !! grin

So there's no guarantee we would get the interpretation WE might want rolleyes

The Indiana Jones films were always advertised as "full on action" so no misconceptions there - and given that they were smash hits, a lot of people must have enjoyed them as just that yes

[Plus, in fiction, especially modern fiction, people do seem to jump into bed with each other after the flimsiest of introductions !! lol]

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 04/05/14 01:23 AM

For all of you who are anticipating the remake of GK1, here's Jane Jensen on why there's a resurrgence of Adventure Games.
It includes some shots of the anniversary edition that aren't in the trailer.

Gil.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 04/06/14 08:31 PM

Thank you very much for the "Jane Jensen" clip, Gil It was fascinating.
Sandy

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 04/06/14 08:58 PM

Thanks, Gil. The more people who buy the remake of Gabriel Knight 1 this summer, the more likely it will be, I think, that we see a Gabriel Knight 4. I'm certainly looking forward to playing the remake. wave

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 04/14/14 04:06 AM

Does anybody know what the expected release date is for this game?
Sandy

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 04/14/14 04:15 AM

Sandy, per the FAQ's mid 2014.

Ana wave

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 04/15/14 01:09 AM

Thanks a lot, Ana. I appreciate that you "pointed the way", but you always DO.
Sandy
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 04/16/14 11:48 AM

Thanks BrownEyedTigre for the links - it's looking good!

So, it doesn't bother anyone that Gabe looks so sweet and girlish and 'flat' in the remake?

Yes, I do agree traveler that Gabe looks too sweet and girlish & am surprised at him not being portrayed as more rugged but.....

It also interested me that there are no voices in that very brief trailer.
The developers must be expecting some blow back from the new voices; I can't think of another reason not to at least let us hear Gabe.

....I've just read recently that the voice actor for Gabe is a great fan of the series & has managed to emulate Tim curry's voice well enough to hardly tell the difference. If that's true then the combination of that with Gabe's appearance could work in the game & possibly be very appealing? Also Gabe will still retain his original personality.

I'm always too critical, you may think, but I thoroughly enjoyed GK1 with it's messy, masculine, self-absorbed Gabe and I didn't and don't understand the need for a remake of an excellent game.
GK4 would be more to the point.

I completely disagree - although the graphics were probably very good for the time I think such an excellent game deserves a lot better now it's possible!
I had to play the original in windowed mode & even then the game was very pixellated.

I have read that if the game is successful there are no plans to remake either GK2 or GK3 but a GK4 is on the agenda!

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniv Screens and Trailer - 04/16/14 03:00 PM

....I've just read recently that the voice actor for Gabe is a great fan of the series & has managed to emulate Tim curry's voice well enough to hardly tell the difference. If that's true then the combination of that with Gabe's appearance could work in the game & possibly be very appealing? Also Gabe will still retain his original personality.

Wow !! That's music to MY ears, chrissie !! And thank you for letting us know yay
© 2024 GameBoomers Community