GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing The Weird Story of Waldemar, the Warlock

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing The Weird Story of Waldemar, the Warlock - 03/28/14 05:14 PM

Check out the official website here.

You can access the Kickstarter here.

Download the demo here.

Quote:
enComplot has launched its crowdfunding campaign for The Weird Story of Waldemar The Warlock. A classic point and click adventure game that aims to bring back some of the essence of the vintage horror genre with a story about tormented writers, curses, vengeance coming back from hell, and a big helping of comedy and irony to accompany it.

This adventure is set in the fictitious region of Grodavia, once ruled by a cruel and fiendish feudal lord called Waldemar Gorobec, who was accused of necromancy and burned at the stake centuries ago. The game's protagonist, Lord Alistair Ainsworth, a self proclaimed historian and occult enthusiast, is so obsessed by his research into the life of the mythical warlock that he decides to travel to Groldavia and set up his living quarters at the sorcerer’s old abode. Nigel, his loyal butler, accompanies him. Soon, both of them are up to their noses in the dark secrets that haunt the old castle and engaged in a battle with supernatural forces that threaten their lives and their sanity...

Features:
Will you become an ally to the forces of darkness, or will you fight them? You don't have to choose just one!
Two completely unique paths to take, each with new situations, puzzles and characters, so you can play the game more than once and explore both the hero inside you and the evil lurking in your innermost soul...
A fun and horrific experience …
Execute long planned vendettas, practice arcane rituals, communicate with the dead, unravel ancestral mysteries! Imagine the truculent darkness of Poe or Lovecraft taken to the realm of comedy… you are imagining The Weird Story of Waldemar, The Warlock !

· An adventure game that will engage your ingeniousness without trying your patience
Activate your lateral thinking with the challenges woven into the story, without minigames or other fillers that distract you or hinder your progress along the path of the story. We have determined to design a game that flows smoothly, with several different plot lines that bring variety, with richly multidimensional characters, powerful dialogues and evocative descriptions that help immerse the player in the atmosphere of the game.

Happy Gaming,

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing The Weird Story of Waldemar, the Warlock - 03/28/14 05:17 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing The Weird Story of Waldemar, the Warlock - 03/28/14 07:27 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre smile Seems pretty enticing - and I like the graphics !! thumbsup
Posted By: traveler

Re: Announcing The Weird Story of Waldemar, the Warlock - 03/28/14 08:17 PM

Ha! Getting the Demo now.
If this does come out in October, it ought to be a fun game for Halloween.

Gil.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Announcing The Weird Story of Waldemar, the Warlock - 03/28/14 08:38 PM

Thank you, Ana. Just downloading it at this moment.
Posted By: gruffy

Re: Announcing The Weird Story of Waldemar, the Warlock - 03/28/14 09:08 PM

Love the graphics!
Posted By: rockingrjranch

Re: Announcing The Weird Story of Waldemar, the Warlock - 03/29/14 12:37 AM

This looks as if this will be a great story! The voice on the web site reminds me of someone from the Harry Potter or Hobbit series.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Announcing The Weird Story of Waldemar, the Warlock - 03/29/14 04:55 AM

I like it, Ana. Thanks for the "heads-up" on this cute game demo. At first the screen was way too large for my monitor, so I accessed the "config.ini" file in the game directory and changed the "Game" to "RESOLUTION = DESKTOP". This solved the problem. I mentioned that just in case some of our Boomers come across the same problem. HAPPY GAMING!
Sandy

NOTE: After you have made the change in the "config.ini" file you have to go to "File> SAVE". This saves your changes to the file.
Posted By: mission

Re: Announcing The Weird Story of Waldemar, the Warlock - 03/29/14 07:51 PM

Looks great. Will be on my list.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Announcing The Weird Story of Waldemar, the Warlock - 05/19/14 03:58 PM

Played the demo...Very nice game..

This is a buy... thumbsup
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Announcing The Weird Story of Waldemar, the Warlock - 05/19/14 04:18 PM

The kickstarter has ended and was unsuccessful.
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Announcing The Weird Story of Waldemar, the Warlock - 05/19/14 04:27 PM

Yes.. I read that, back in April...

Maybe it will show up in the future. think
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Announcing The Weird Story of Waldemar, the Warlock - 05/19/14 10:13 PM

That is too bad. It looked good to me.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community