GB HOMEPAGE

Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game

Posted By: robedits

Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 03/29/14 09:57 PM

Beautiful, cell-shaded environments; a great story. I have read that some "slower" PCs have had some issues with slow frame rates. That aside,it runs beautifully for me. Totally enjoying the storyline,the easy interface and the lush environments.
Got it at a discount at GOG (don't know if that still applies), but Steam has it,as well. Looks as if it's going to be a nice,long "ride", as I'm apparently not too far into the game. A great effort from an Indie producer.
My opinion? Do not hesitate to purchase this ,especially if you may have a "heftier" PC and are a fan of Myst-ish adventure games....
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 03/29/14 10:01 PM

Glad you are enjoying it!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 03/29/14 10:01 PM

Thank you for the recommendation. thumbsup
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 03/30/14 05:40 AM

Is this game keyboard controlled?
Posted By: Dunge

Re: Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 03/30/14 06:26 PM

The game play with a keyboard/mouse combo or a gamepad as with any first person games. It's not a shooter so no fast aiming action. A bit like Anna / JazzPunk / NaisanceE / etc.

I came to this site looking for a text walktrough because that's where every good guides for adventure games are nowadays. I can only find "let's play" videos yet or a few hint topics on Steam forum and it's not enough to get me going. I want to play the game so bad but I'm tired of looking at the same rooms over and over again searching for the item I missed.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 03/30/14 06:32 PM

welcome to GameBoomers Dunge. If you need help in the game, please post in Hints where someone can help you.

Ana wave

Re: Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 03/30/14 06:46 PM

Actually,a couple of those video playthroughs are JUST what I needed to get things going. I rarely can complete any adventure games anymore without them!
Thanks to getting past a couple of rough spots, I'm truly enjoying the game. It also has a completely unique look to it,which I'm enjoying.
It has save slots thanks goodness(and the game does auto save at points)...but I should point out that it only has THREE save slots,apparently (what the....???). More would be helpful in case I wanted to replay some areas of the game later, I guess.Why aren't game devs (indies or otherwise) putting unlimited save slots into their games anymore? Is it THAT hard to program? Well...what do I know :-)
That annoyance aside, it runs fantastic on my PC (after many years with run of the mills,I finally bit the bullet and bought a high-end PC when I was gifted the purchase from my company for long-term service...lucky me). I have heard that it chugs on slower PCs.
I love this game...
ANd yes,it runs with my keyboard only just fine,although there is an option for mouse control and keyboard mapping.
Posted By: ipad_Lover

Re: Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 03/31/14 12:11 PM

I myself do enjoy a good first person adventure game. Thanks for the advise on these games.
Posted By: kjos

Re: Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 03/31/14 03:06 PM

Wondering if there will be a text walkthrough for this game.
Richard

Re: Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 04/01/14 12:01 AM

I cannot WAIT for a text walkthrough. I feel as if I am missing out on many things. Though this is a somewhat non-linear game,there are SO many items to inspect and places to explore
Posted By: MaG

Re: Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 04/01/14 03:07 AM

Richard,
We will be in the lookout for a text walkthrough.

Robedits,
Have fun with the game.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 04/01/14 05:55 AM

Hi Mag, I took a peek at the trailer for this game. It looks AWESOME (very MYST-like) I think that I will purchase it from GOG. All I would need is a "you know WHAT" in order to play it. LOL
Sandy
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 04/01/14 10:00 PM

If this is not an April fool's gag (And I doubt it is, since it's been on for a few days) am I the only one who can't see what game or games you are discussong?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 04/01/14 10:05 PM

The Haze, the game that is being discussed can be found here. wave
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 04/02/14 12:53 AM

Thank you for not mentioning how I was, once again, an idiot. I've been through this post about "Ether" three times. All three times I read it as "Either" and thought you were discussing two games. I shall be off to my optometrist tomorrow.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 04/02/14 04:05 AM

Well, Mag
I asked GOG if ETHER ONE would run on my WIN XP machine and they gave me a "thumbs down" on it. No problem, since a whole bunch of new games are being released shortly. The DEMO of MOEBIUS worked fine on my PC, and I'm hoping that TESLA will, ALSO.
Sandy
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Ether One is an incredibly enjoyable first-person adventure game - 04/02/14 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By: The Haze
Thank you for not mentioning how I was, once again, an idiot. I've been through this post about "Ether" three times. All three times I read it as "Either" and thought you were discussing two games. I shall be off to my optometrist tomorrow.

Don't feel bad, I did exactly the same thing when I got the email from GOG last week that said "Get Ether One for only ....". I said to myself, "which ones are they talking about?" I even clicked on the email to go to GOG.com to find out more about it.

© 2024 GameBoomers Community