Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/04/14 03:56 AM

Tex Murphy - April's Favorite Fool - Has Some Pre-order Information For You

Video Update 4/21/ - Click here.

Update April 17th: The game is going to be released on May 7th

You can view the launch trailer here.

Quote:
Here's some pre-order information from the man himself, Tex Murphy. You can click the link above or follow this one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUTO3wQ6ijY

Oh, and the best part about the pre-orders? It means we also have a launch date for you: Tex will bungle his way to PCs beginning on April 22, 2014!

The Tesla Effect pre-order bonuses include:

GOG.com
10% Discount ($17.99)
Tesla Effect Soundtrack
ONE of the following full games: T ex Murphy 1+2, Under a Killing Moon, The Pandora Directive, or Tex Murphy: Overseer

Steam
10% Discount ($17.99)
Tex Murphy Live Jazz Soundtrack
The Pandora Directive (Full Game)

In the Tesla Effect, we find Tex Murphy down and out: down on his luck and out with a concussion; but it's not long before his latest case takes him in search of Nikola Tesla's greatest secrets. Will Tex once again overcome the crime-ridden and Mutant-infested streets of San Francisco, a place with radiation levels that make Chernobyl look like the Garden of Eden and enough booze to incapacitate even the most hardened gumshoes? We'll just have to wait and see...

But who IS Tex Murphy? He's the kind of hardboiled, grizzled private eye that can take a punch (or several dozen), hangs out in only the most reputable seedy establishments, needs the support of a good dame (be she real or hologram), has a fedora for every occasion, and ALWAYS has a backup plan (thanks to being a licensed dance instructor):
Tex Murphy is the last of the hard-boiled private detectives living in dystopian post-World War III San Francisco in the 2040s. Tex is an honest and good-natured private investigator with a penchant for bourbon, cigarettes and getting himself into trouble.

Tesla Effect is a mystery 3D adventure game seamlessly blended with the renowned Tex Murphy franchise's renowned full-motion video (FMV) scenes. Look for Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure on Steam and GOG on April 22, 2014!

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/04/14 06:32 AM

Thanks Ana. wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/04/14 11:44 AM

Thanks for the info, Ana.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/04/14 02:42 PM

Thanks, Ana. happydance
Posted By: Mad

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/04/14 06:33 PM

Thank you, BrownEyedTigre smile

You do a superb job in keeping us all "up to date" !! praise

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/04/14 08:21 PM

The launch trailer has blown my mind. I Thought pre=ordering yesterday would kill me. I am not ready to actually PLAY the game yet, I'm glad I have to wait until the 22nd to do that. Thank you.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/04/14 09:32 PM

Thanks for this "heads up", Ana. I paid my money to GOG, and I'm just waiting for April 22.
Sandy
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/05/14 02:22 PM

Hi, Ana!

Wow! I didn't realize the release date would be this soon, and I still can't believe we will be seeing Tex again. The minute I read your announcement, I placed my pre-order with GOG and am counting the days to April 22.

Thanks for the heads up; otherwise, I would have missed it!

Susan
Posted By: Rahrah

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/05/14 02:51 PM

Been playing adventure games since Dracula Resurrection but never played Tex Murphy, unfortunately. I`m going to buy Tesla Effect from GOG but which free game should I get? Thank you.

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/05/14 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Rahrah
Been playing adventure games since Dracula Resurrection but never played Tex Murphy, unfortunately. I`m going to buy Tesla Effect from GOG but which free game should I get? Thank you.

Opinions will differ, of course, on which game to choose - but if you haven't played any of them, I would recommend The Pandora Directive. It's my personal favorite. wave
Posted By: Jema

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/05/14 09:35 PM

Does anyone know if this game at some point will be released on disk?

wave Jema

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/05/14 09:44 PM

Jema, I believe that physical copies of the game were only going to be available for those who pledged a certain amount of money to Kickstarter, but if anyone else knows something different, I hope they will post here and correct me. wave
Posted By: Rahrah

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/05/14 09:44 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: Jema

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/06/14 12:42 AM

Thanks for the reply, Marian. I do hope that changes because I want the game - but only on disk.

wave Jema
Posted By: troi

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/06/14 02:33 AM

Under A Killing Moon is the first major one and my favorite. You get to know Tex a bit before the rest of his cases.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/06/14 02:45 AM

Hi
Doe's TEx Murphy Overseer from GOG work on Win 7 64 .

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/06/14 02:51 AM

I see folks in the GOG Community Forum for Overseer saying that the game is running for them on Windows 7 64 bit. There always seem to be those folks who also have problems, but GOG has a very good money-back guarantee if you can't get the game to work. wave

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/06/14 02:54 AM

Thanks Marian.

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/06/14 03:33 AM

Hi Troi,
I've made MY choice of playing my free OLD Tex game, and that will be "Under A Killing Moon" just as YOU have picked. I've played ALL of the Tex games, including "Moon" ( which I still have as a boxed copy), but I want to play it again as a GOG DOSBOX version. HAPPY GAMING!
Sandy

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/07/14 08:06 AM

My friend prepayed for Tex but didn't get the free game. Doe's anyone know how to get it ? She got it from GOG.
Posted By: plumgas

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/07/14 08:45 AM

there seems to be a delay in people receiving their codes for their free game not sure why but you are not alone.
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/07/14 09:45 AM

I pre-ordered from GOG also at around 9PM (Sunday the 6th) and received my confirmation within minutes. Did your friend get any Emails from GOG? The one I got was to say thank you for the purchase and the Free game code was found at the bottom of the same Email.

Good luck to all in receiving your Code.

And thank you BrownEyedTiger for keeping us updated.

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/07/14 03:11 PM

Please contact GoG if you did not get your code.

Ana wave
Posted By: InlandAZ

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/07/14 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Cathy1
Hi

It will play, but you will see a message that pops up frequently that reads Error: Error code does not indicate an error. Other than that it plays fine.

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/08/14 07:58 AM

Originally Posted By: InlandAZ
Originally Posted By: Cathy1
Hi

It will play, but you will see a message that pops up frequently that reads Error: Error code does not indicate an error. Other than that it plays fine.

that isn't a error its because you haven't select the midi correctly, select it in the config file by audio / midi/ midi mapper.
I assume you are playing the dvd version & not the old cd version.

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/08/14 08:45 PM

Not to worry, fellow Boomers. I received an e-mail from GOG apologizing for the delay (due to technical difficulties), but that I should have the CODE to the free game proably tomorrow.
Sandy

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/08/14 09:08 PM

That is great Sandy!

Ana wave

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/09/14 02:17 AM

My friend received her code also.
Thank you.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/09/14 02:45 AM

thanks Ana. it was good to see Tex again. smile
Posted By: nolalou

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/09/14 04:03 AM

wow, I've been out of the loop, I didn't know a new Tex Murphy is being released! I thought we'd never seem him back again. Can't wait!

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/10/14 02:21 AM

WELL, I TOO just received my "code", as promised by GOG. So right now I am playing "Under A Killing Moon". ENJOY!
Sandy

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/10/14 05:08 AM

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261510/

DEMO of tesla effect has now gone public
Posted By: revco

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/10/14 04:59 PM

I'm playing the demo and it's all what I thought it would be. Different user interface but it seems to make sense once you start using it. Love it!
Posted By: revco

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/11/14 03:03 AM

I played the demo twice...this is awesome!!!! Anyone else?

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/11/14 03:53 AM

Thanks so much for the link to the DEMO, Plumgas. I just finished downloading it. WHOA! I'm playing it NOW, and the graphics are AWESOME on my WIN XP computer. So FAR, so GOOD. Now all I need is a walkthrough. Consider that a "HINT". LOL
Sandy

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/11/14 02:22 PM

if you get stuck let me know but the help file does give you a lot of hints
Posted By: traveler

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/11/14 02:57 PM

As a backer who invested way more than she should have in this game, I am extremely disappointed that Big Finish made the demo available only to those who are willing to use Steam.
It seems as if devs these days only pay attention to those who will.
This is the last time I believe any of those promises about DRM free from a Kickstarter developer.
Steam IS a form of DRM - as someone on GOG's forum put it, a "walled garden of DRM".
Bah!

Gil.

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/11/14 09:15 PM

I'm getting confused again !!

I'm not bothered about the Demo myself as I rarely watch them but were the "Tex" backers given a choice of download venue on releases of the finished product ??

Or was that choice was only applicable to other Kickstarters.

I backed several around the same time and have to admit the details are pretty hazy now woozy

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/11/14 09:34 PM

YOu will get a DRM version when the game is released, it does not state where choices are, just that you will get your own DRM free version of the completed game.

Ana wave

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/11/14 09:36 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre grin

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/11/14 09:49 PM

Thanks, Plumgas. There is now a video walkthrough on STEAM of the TEX Demo. The problem of using the "HELP" file in the game is that you "lose points" each time you access it------ but REALLY, WHO CARES? LOL
Sandy

BTW, I actually pre-ordered the full version from GOG.

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/12/14 04:55 AM

traveller,

gog have the demo now but only to pre-purchase people as they don't have resources to put out the public demo.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bxt2177id19sa/Tesla_Demo

Posted By: traveler

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/12/14 06:28 AM

plumgas,

I am aware that someone in the GOG forums has made the demo available on mediafire with GOG's blessing because it is billed as a "public demo".
Big Finish could easily have provided a link to the "public demo" to backers in the email they sent us telling us it was available for download via Steam - which included a Steam link.
If, as they seem to believe, there are so few of us who object to using Steam and deserve that consideration, I doubt any server they used would be overburdened.

If this did anything, it reinforced my decision not to back any more Kickstarter games since I now know darn well Steam's DRM will creep in somewhere.
And yes, this is my personal choice and my personal reaction.
Maybe I'm wrong about it counting as much as anyone else's.
Could be, but I see Steam as doing their dead level best to get a stranglehold on digital games and I'm not going for it even though tons of others are perfectly happy with Steam.

Two G's is pretty big for a demo anyway so rather than dl the demo from mediafire, which was crawling down at around 400 kbps, I said to heck with it and watched Part 1 of 123Pazu's playthrough on YouTube.

Btw, your filecloud link goes nowhere.

Gil.

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/12/14 09:18 AM

big finish gave the demo both to steam & gog & it was up to them to distribute they couldn't host it themselves. I believe gog have done the wrong thing by only added to pre-order purchases & not everyone. Big finish wasn't aware they did this.
steam put the demo up before big finish had a chance to post a link themselves. The did put a link up on their backers blog. I don't mind steam myself & you don't have be on line with steam to play the game all you do is go in off line mode. As far as DRM it is up to the developer whether they want DRM or not and It was a kickstarter promise of no DMR for backers anyway. I am sure if this is not possible then all the codes will be from gog only.

yes the demo link is a big file but then again is 2k video, 500mg bigger than the beta file but they have also included the launch video in the file.
Posted By: Brian

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/12/14 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: nolalou
wow, I've been out of the loop, I didn't know a new Tex Murphy is being released! I thought we'd never seem him back again. Can't wait!

You and me both! but then again I haven't been on these forums for quite some time.
Posted By: marie

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/14/14 08:09 PM

Just finished playing the Demo, it was great and left me wanting more. I preordered the game from GOG and wish it was out this week NOT NEXT.

Marie wave

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/18/14 01:02 AM

Game has now been delayed until 7th may. Big finish have more work to do on the game to make it the best game ever.

from big finish face book page.

Let’s face it, you’ve waited 16 years, what’s 16 more days?

Some of you may have already cottoned on to the fact that in some places the release date for Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy adventure has been moved to May 7th. We can confirm this information is correct.

The reason for this is simple: we want to make sure that when it comes time to releasing Tesla Effect we are going to present you with the most polished, perfected and purely awesome adventure gaming experience! The team here at Big Finish Games is burning the midnight oil, working extra hard to help make this game a shining example of adventure gaming at its finest, and we feel it would be an injustice for our backers and fans to release a product before we feel it is ultimately ready.

Within the next few days we will be releasing a new update video with details of the above, as well as a few surprises. Once again, we apologize for the delay but we promise that with this little bit of extra time we will be able to deliver the best Tex Murphy adventure yet!

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/18/14 01:12 AM

Thank you for the update, plumgas - good to know. wave

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/18/14 10:34 AM

"Let’s face it, you’ve waited 16 years, what’s 16 more days?"

Fine by me !! A new Tex game at ANY time is such a bonus happydance happydance happydance
Posted By: marie

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/18/14 07:32 PM

Guess I'll just have to wait then, wont I cry not really though, I downloaded and will play Tex Murphy Overseer.

Marie wave

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/19/14 12:55 PM

The "way to go" marie !! lol
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/19/14 03:05 PM

I finally finished this demo (which really helps you learn the new interface) and I really liked it. One thing I learned is, if you adjust your contrast (and not your brightness necessarily) and don't try to rely on the flashlight you can see pretty well. I had also turned off all the room lights and found that a lamp didn't take away from the game. It might even help. It took just a little getting used to and I was into it. I had the one crash, but the demo played smoothly afterward. I have to relay the info of the crash to either Big Finish OR Steam or both, don't know which. I downloaded through Steam. I hadn't heard the game way delayed.

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/20/14 04:29 AM

adjust the gamma gives you best results

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/20/14 07:42 PM

I appreciate the update about the game release date, Plumgas. It's certainly is NOT a problem. I'm really busy playing the new games which have recently been released.
Sandy
Posted By: Lynnypoo2

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/21/14 04:46 AM

Only 2 more days..yay..i'm ready..

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/21/14 05:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Lynnypoo2
Only 2 more days..yay..i'm ready..

A little longer than that...the release date is now May 7th. wave

Re: Tex Murphy Tesla Effect Pre-order Information - 04/21/14 10:30 PM

I added a video to the first post.