GB HOMEPAGE

CAROL REED?

Posted By: SCOTTY

CAROL REED? - 04/10/14 02:54 PM

Hi All. Question. I have never played a Carol Reed game. I just finished the last 2 Nancy Drew games & want to move on to something different. I love Horror Adv. & was hoping ASYLUM or The Last Crown would be released by now but..... I have 5 free games on Big Fish & seen they have a few Carol Reed games available. Just wondering how they are. I like challenging puzzles & a darker type mystery. Would any of the C.R. games cure my fix? THANKS!!
Posted By: Marian

Re: CAROL REED? - 04/10/14 02:58 PM

Big Fish does indeed have some Carol Reed games. For starters, why don't you download the trial version for Black Circle and see what you think. This way, you can try before you buy. wave
Posted By: Callista

Re: CAROL REED? - 05/07/14 10:25 AM

I have played every Carol Reed games, each with a completely new and original story. I have enjoyed every game in the series of 10 games, the latest being Bosch's Damnation. All the games have the same format about them but I never tire of playing the games. The puzzles are many and vary, with some being quite challenging. I have played some Nancy Drew games and they are nowhere in the same calibre as the Carol Reed games.

Another thing I love about the game is waiting to find out where the developer makes his cameo appearance. Mikael Nyqvist makes an appearance in most of the games, ranging from a cross dresser to a megalomaniac. Another cute guy, Bigge is also in all the games. I love his tattoos and beard. The characters in the game do have a real character about them.

The game also has a great inbuilt hint system in case you ever get stuck anywhere, If that doesn't help, there is always good old (young) MaG to help you out with her walkthroughs. I would suggest Scotty to play one of the games, Maybe Amber's Blood or Black Circle and see what you think. You will enjoy it more than Nancy Drew.
Posted By: CountZero

Re: CAROL REED? - 05/08/14 04:46 PM

Carol Reed, some of the most enjoyable and memorable games I have played.....
Posted By: sureshot

Re: CAROL REED? - 05/08/14 06:42 PM

You cannot go wrong with any Carol Reed game !! One of the best series of games published. Waiting for the next one !
© 2024 GameBoomers Community