GB HOMEPAGE

NANCY DREW - Stay Tuned For Danger

Posted By: Kootsie

NANCY DREW - Stay Tuned For Danger - 06/02/14 02:32 PM

This game is no longer available from HI. Anyone know where I can get a digital download for it?

Thanks!
Posted By: Marian

Re: NANCY DREW - Stay Tuned For Danger - 06/02/14 02:36 PM

I know of no place where you can get a digital download. You can still find the game on eBay and on Amazon, though. wave

Re: NANCY DREW - Stay Tuned For Danger - 06/02/14 02:46 PM

Thanks Marian..All the available games at Amazon are used. Ebay wants $25+ for it. No way! LOL

I read on a YouTube walkthrough that HI was remastering it, but that post was a year old. I am going to write to them about it.

Re: NANCY DREW - Stay Tuned For Danger - 06/02/14 03:01 PM

I'm still reading on the Her Interactive forums that there is no plan to remaster the game, although a lot of people would like to see that happen. Yes, eBay is expensive, but you can find it pretty cheaply on Amazon without the box (if you don't mind that it is a used CD). I would love to hear that Her Interactive has changed their mind and that they will remaster it someday. wave

Re: NANCY DREW - Stay Tuned For Danger - 06/02/14 03:47 PM

I think Ill give HI a call. I will let you know what they say directly.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: NANCY DREW - Stay Tuned For Danger - 06/02/14 03:48 PM

HerInteractive says they discontinued Stay Tuned due to incompatibility with modern sound cards.
http://www.herinteractive.com/category/faq/games/2-stay-tuned-for-danger/

Digital downloads for games that aren't compatible with modern systems tend to disappear from existence.

I would not recommending paying too much for a disc version unless you have an older computer to play it on -- or want to try it inside a virtual machine.

Re: NANCY DREW - Stay Tuned For Danger - 06/02/14 03:55 PM

Thanks Jenny...sounds like its a lost cause atm. Will still call HI shortly and post their response.

Re: NANCY DREW - Stay Tuned For Danger - 06/02/14 04:23 PM

Ok...the word from HI is that they are not planning to remaster the game. So that's that (:

Re: NANCY DREW - Stay Tuned For Danger - 06/02/14 05:12 PM

I got lucky - Stay Tuned for Danger (with sound) works on my Windows 7 computer. Depending on your hardware, it will work for some but not for others. The default install doesn't work, though - there are instructions on Her Interactive's website on how to try to get it running.

Re: NANCY DREW - Stay Tuned For Danger - 06/02/14 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Marian
I got lucky - Stay Tuned for Danger (with sound) works on my Windows 7 computer. Depending on your hardware, it will work for some but not for others. The default install doesn't work, though - there are instructions on Her Interactive's website on how to try to get it running.

Where on their site are the instructions?

Re: NANCY DREW - Stay Tuned For Danger - 06/02/14 06:51 PM

Hi Kootsie, I will PM you - because this kind of discussion belongs in our Glitches forum rather than here. wave
Posted By: stateofpsychosis

Re: NANCY DREW - Stay Tuned For Danger - 01/30/15 03:26 PM

man I'm so sick of not being able to buy certain old games because some people can't figure out how to use xp mode razz even if you didn't get xp mode in time you can use vmware.

we shouldn't have to miss out on some of the greatest games out there. I wish they could still sell them but with a big warning about system requirements or something.

personally, I would not pay 25+ dollars on ebay for a game that would have been worth $5 if the digital download was still available.

I guess her interactive should release this one as freeware if they aren't going to remaster it.
Might as well if you're not making money off of it.
It would probably be a great promotion for the rest of their series.
Perhaps could coax some guys who are reluctant to play the series into trying it out for the first time.
sounds like a great 21st century marketing strategy.

There are lots of great games out there that'll never be re-released because of system requirements..
Like Lighthouse: the dark being, biosys, etc
people are missing out.
start using virtual machines so you can play these gems wink
Posted By: Mad

Re: NANCY DREW - Stay Tuned For Danger - 01/30/15 08:34 PM

stateofpsychosis.

Not everyone feels comfortable trying to use things like DODBox, Scumm etc. And I am one of them eek

But lots of old games that have been "tweaked" to play perfectly on WinXP - and later operating systems - are readily available as downloads from the GOG website.
And at very reasonable prices, too smile
Posted By: judith

Re: NANCY DREW - Stay Tuned For Danger - 01/31/15 07:19 PM

Yes, you're right Mad; I've bought quite a few games from GOG. Now I wish they would redo Lighthouse, that was a really great game though difficult.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community